Simbin UK & Sector3 should just join forces, ditch GTR3 and work on getting Raceroom updated to todays standards!

Couldn't agree more, but makes me wonder if they think they see the consoles as a potential cash cow to finance R3E upgrade to Unreal 4. A little far fetched perhaps, but to basically alienate the committed PC SIM community by saying GTR3 is not a SIM seems very strange.

Edit: I hope 1000 of you disagree with an opinion of a game that has yet to bear its fruit.

Not going to disagree with your opinion, however the last SIM I felt to be complete was from an era long, long ago Geoff Crammond's GP3

I'm extremely disappointed that the title "GTR3" will come off as.... this. If I were a developer I'd just quit my job in honor of the past. But still, remember that ACC is the spiritual successor of GTR2, so we'll still have it one way or another.

images

Zero sim...zero money

Speed is largely candid, which i appreciate. And really, most of it makes sense. and who knows what the situation is/was *really* like. Stuff happens in while developing games. I mean, all we can really do is wait anyways. we just gotta see what the product looks like further down the line. No sense in coming to conclusions now. We got racing games to enjoy between now and then ;)

While it’s great to have another title in the market, it’s hard to see both its relevance now and where it fits in. What is its USP? Possibly a WEC licence but that’s about it and is likely to be obtained elsewhere. I just don’t see what this product will do that others aren’t doing now ... and probably better now. But I wish them luck with their ventures.

I think sim bin just lost all credibility. They basically lied about the wec licence. They cant produce any screenshots or video, it has zero focus they dont even know what the games going to be themselves.

Its going to be focused on the forza crowd yet want it to be about endurance? Thst makes literally zero sense. These kids want 10 min races.

Do they honestly think we are dumb enough to believe that tweet was a "leak"? BS was it, it was done to get public interest before gamescon to attract publishers and lied about the wec game in the process, they prob just made it harder to get a publisher by lying

I literally have no trust in this company now and will wait for others to be the first week guinea pigs if this ever gets released (thats a big if)

We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as. It might fit the bill for some people, but it’s not going to be perceived as a ‘simulation’ title.

isYqlT0o0Kq8Erc5iJKNjKUZO1BmC8kYUqUjJBSm8v5ScirO-aN41FKHwVe-tVCeWeqtMcjSt6FVLi7heIXCCXKJ5NyuNWl4JySVOLg=w320-h240-nc

Kb2AYQ

So if you like GTR3, you basically don't have a reason to dislike the Project Cars franchise any longer...

Funny move of the dev to choose RD as somewhat exclusive platform for new information, having the negative bias against PC/SMS in mind.

I think sim bin just lost all credibility. They basically lied about the wec licence.
Fun fact: Simbin never actually promised the game will have a WEC license.

And as for the Catalyst tweet...yes, I absolutely believe it was pretty much a leak, somebody a bit too eager jumping the gun. I have suspected it to be the case from the very beginning, amongst other reasons also because of this response it got from J-F Chardon from S3.

interesting info, thx for the write up, paul, i expect another 12 months to go by before we get our hands on it, but a steady stream of teasers will keep us interested, fine by me. pity, really, forza had the wec esports thingy all set and ready before they got there, nothing you can do, i guess.

So GTR3 aims to be the PCars2 killer and targets its large console+pc sales amount. And then Rushy announces he will join SMS. Uppercut. Tough competition in the GTSport, Forza, Pcars, GTR3 arena.

Great this first interview has been shared with us. Now let's see if Simbin really has a plan.
Make it S.M.A.R.T.

Latest News

Back