I´m bloody happy it won´t be a puritan simulation. Great news for the ones of us, who like PC2 and games like that.
I for one, cannot wait for GTR3 to hit a shelf close to me.
I may be the only one here feeling like that - but hey, that´s alright. I´ll have a lot of fun with it just the same, I´m sure. And for the puritans - well ACC comes out long before GTR3, so guess everyone should end up getting something to be content with. ;)

So in the end they have nothing but are wishing to have licenses. How to make a great fuss about nothing. Don't forget this interview has been build up for so much that it was going to reveal all kinds of good stuff.

In other words what I was expecting all along. But on top of that, they are trying their best to dumb the game down as it's probably too hard for them to make simulation physics with a small team. If they didn't lie about showing something to publishers at Gamescom (again who can proof that), it most likely wasn't more than moving screenshots but hardly a playable game.

And the release date has been postponed by another year again, it's like the tale of the horse and the carrot. The horse keeps running but never reaches the carrot and then dies from exhaustion.

People who were critical about the original tweet and newsitem turned out to be right. Really sad.

Last edited:
I don't really understand devs that intentionally "target" the simcade crowd. You could conceivably create a simulation for those that want it, and then just dumb it down with driver aids if a certain playerbase wants that experience too. I just dont see the logic in it.

hm, I just want to leave a Quote from the GTR3 Announcement-Interview here on Racedepartment back in january 2017

"I think another point we need to take note of is, whilst the PC community would love this hard core simulation thing which is fine, as Allan said there is a console community that aren't going to fully adhere to that. The product at the end of the day needs to appeal to both sides, hardcore racer as awell and the casual gamer. A game that does that really really well is Formula One. I can have fantastic fun in the simulator on PC and I can have just as much fun as a casual gamer on a console. They do it really well. I'm not saying that's something we are going to follow completely, I'm just saying that they've done it and it's possible... The best way to put it is neither side will be forgotten."
https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/gtr-3-by-simbin-coming-in-2018.131230/

Knowing that makes me wonder, why so many are surprised now...

For sure I've hoped for some more concrete informations in that interview.

Sorry but first - who made the fuss about nothing? who wrote nearly 700 posts about one single tweet?
Second how can be anything told about physics yet?!

I really really don't understand and see it really critical how opinions nower days are being made.

A picture from ACC was posted - awesome physics... An Interview for GTR3 posted - bad physics... WTF...

So SimBin who are not SimBin are making a GTR title which is not a GTR title and it's been confirmed it has the WEC license but it does not have the WEC license.

Targeting a non-simracer audience who doesn't care about the names Simbin and GTR, the devs naturally chose "the biggest sim racing site" to give an exclusive interview and tell us more about this act of digital necromancy which seems to be a side-project of Raceroom aiming to lure more buyers into the company's products using famous names in the most ineffective way possible.

Meanwhile, in Vallelunga :whistling:

In another thread i said this :
"If both claims "Confirmed! GTR 3, The Official FIA World Endurance Championship Game" and "a playable version of the title will be showcasing at this months Gamescom event for the very first time!" are proven to be true, i have no problem to give him an apology."

Sorry Paul, but i can't give you an apology.
1. Confirmed! GTR 3, The Official FIA World Endurance Championship Game : in this article is see "...a potential WEC deal...", so the word "confirmed" was wrong.

2. A playable version of the title will be showcasing at this months Gamescom event for the very first time! : So far i didn't see any proof of this, it's even not possible to show a picture of current content, let alone a playable version.

About the GTR 3 game itselfs, it's way too early to have an opinion about it because there's not enough info to make up my mind what i think about the game.

OK I've been biting my tongue since I read the 1st comment about the screen shot. Please, please, please, if you are going to post on a forum (this is to everybody) have a think about what you are saying first and try to get your facts right. The least you could do, is read the OP before you comment. I guess this is just my opinion, but....well.... just read the OP.
Editor Comment 2: Please note the image used here is the "placeholder" image from the UE4 test build, and not from the current GTR3 build.

Not what I hoped to hear from the devs of GTR3. But, as much as I can ramble on about the GTR heritage, I will hold my judgement on the game itself until it is out.

Best of luck to them and here''s to great success whether I like the game or not. :thumbsup:

Sorry but first - who made the fuss about nothing? who wrote nearly 700 posts about one single tweet?
Second how can be anything told about physics yet?!

I really really don't understand and see it really critical how opinions nower days are being made.

A picture from ACC was posted - awesome physics... An Interview for GTR3 posted - bad physics... WTF...

Did you read the interview?

We're not assuming poor physics, they've confirmed it won't be a full simulation.

Last edited:
https://www.racedepartment.com/thre...fia-world-endurance-championship-game.157938/
Guys, for those in doubt I can confirm this is fact, official, not fake news, confirmed at the highest level etc etc.

Not one of Race Departments finest moments.

Also this guy on one hand says it was a leak but after saying they put the 'fake news' tweet out to drum up interest? Maybe it's just me but those two paragraphs did not make much sense in the context of each other.

'You have to look at different aspects like financials and the market, and how it weighs up. It’s not just about creating a racing game for one particular player, nowadays you have to cater for a wider audience.'
Bullshit translator says:
'you have to keep in mind that this is a business and businesses have profit as a target. its not about creating a video game for a niche market, nowadays you have to caress the stakeholders' balls and make a game for all markets.'

He's basically saying that the consumer's opinion or first impression doesn't matter when he says that their focus is publishers and investors.

hype is dead for gtr3.

waiting on gtr4 for mobile.

The latest abuse of Unreal Engine in simracing should be a news too...seriously I want to know why all are jumping to UE4...all the games are going to look very similar (no matter the artist choices, color palette, etc etc)

The quotes as a whole makes them look extremely retarded and clueless but then again, if you think about how long it's been since we saw that single Z4 picture in UE4 as a test, that should tell us enough :roflmao:

Can we all give Paul a kiss now ?

We cannot. Despite the fact that I have a lot of respect and symphaty for @Paul Jeffrey for all the work he does for our community.

My bitterness comes from impression how long Paul was keeping us inside this bullshit baloon, while he enjoyed number of clicks and traffic on GTR3 forum.
Let's look back two weeks. Here are some quotes of messages we received from Paul

Aug 11st: "Confirmed to replicatre WEC Championship" 'Official unveiling" "doubts disppelled once and for all"

Aug 12th: "Guys, for those in doubt I can confirm this is fact, official, not fake news, confirmed at the highest level etc.etc. "backs up something I've known for a year, but not been allowed to say"

Aug 12th: "This has never been tabloid news... its a bloody fact, from official source!

Aug 13th: "Yo! Interview completed :) "Seen plenty of footage and it looks sweet"

Then we went to two weeks period of 'waiting for pictures', 'laptop crash' etc.

Let's be honest, the only real news that excited us on Aug 11th were WEC licence and chance to see something by Aug 21st. It seems to me that our Paul knew already by end of Monday Aug 13th, that both of these 'facts' are indeed false. Yet he decided to leave us with this whole bullshit for next 14 days. Not fair.

Nice to see something official finally. But personally I'm not convinced at all. Some points which came to my mind:
- The current FIA WEC season with it's current LMP1 political issues is pretty much the most difficult current racing series to implement into a game
- If I would be a console gamer who wants to drive LMPs, GT3s and GT4s in a somewhat realistic way I would choose either PC2 or GT Sport.
- The decision to develop and market a kind of 80% simulation could be a terrible one, remember R3E did a similar attempt in its early days which did not work at all.
- The release date in Q2 of 2019 seems very optimistic to me. Kunos plan to release their game shortly before but in comparision with ACC we have not seen almost anything of this title.

With over 1 million steam owners of Dirt Rally so far and a very popular F1-game that isn't less difficult to handle, it doesn't seem wise to go for arcade-physics and simcade might be even worse. Adding a rewind function and some driving assists should be enough for the casual users.

But with showing just one screenshot it's highly unlikely we see a release in this decade.

Latest News

Back