- If I would be a console gamer who wants to drive LMPs, GT3s and GT4s in a somewhat realistic way I would choose either PC2 or GT Sport.
You forgot to mention Assetto Corsa for console if there is one race game where the physics are at least a kind of simulation it is definitely Assetto Corsa , Project Car Landmine and GT Sport are arcadisch .

20s9i80.jpg

28a6fyx.jpg

:O_o:

:confused:

I honestly don't understand why people are so shocked or even outraged over this. The fact they intend to make GTR3 a more casual game was pretty clearly stated by them even back in January 2017 when the game was first confirmed to be in the works.

There's a lot of assumptions and wishful thinking involved when it comes to the subject of GTR3, and subsequent outrage when those assumptions and wishful thinking don't pan out. (Granted, the wishful thinking part seems to include the devs as well in some aspects.)

Edit: Then again, we don't really know what "a more casual game" actually means until we (or someone objective and trustworthy enough) get our hands on it. Everyone is screaming "simcade", but there really is not a lot to go by at this point, except for some fairly vague statements. Though it's starting to seem like it might be a while before someone gets his hands on it, if ever, even I must admit that.

Last edited:
Instead of making a simcade to "cater to the masses" why not make a proper sim with sim physics to appeal to the hardcore simracers, and include driving aids, tutorials, adjustable difficulty/realism options, good default controller settings, and good default setups to make the game more accessible to the casuals?

I honestly don't understand why people are so shocked or even outraged over this. The fact they intend to make GTR3 a more casual game was pretty clearly stated by them even back in January 2017 when the game was first confirmed to be in the works.

While the original interview made it clear they wanted to appeal to the casual audience on console, they were also clear about appealing to the sim market. From the original interview

AS: Additionally we are going to improve on the physics found in RaceRoom Racing Experience

CS: With regards to the physics and how GTR3 will look and feel then we will 100% do our best to deliver the close to reality experience and for those who want that casual, driver aids fun game then this will be an option too.

AS: As Chris points out, we will deliver an experience for those hardcore sim racers but also adopt a different approach for the non-hardcore user base. Neither side will be forgotten especially those sim guys!

Sadly with Allan's departure it seems we have been forgotten.

Instead of making a simcade to "cater to the masses" why not make a proper sim with sim physics to appeal to the hardcore simracers, and include driving aids, tutorials, adjustable difficulty/realism options, good default controller settings, and good default setups to make the game more accessible to the casuals?

Because actual simulation is *hard* - lots of research, lots of code, lots of data processing and a really horrible thing to optimise/shortcut. To do all that & then aim it at a crowd who're just going to turn it off again is a huge waste of resources.

And RD helped them along by publishing the fake news about the WEC license.
Obviously if the facts had been known at the time then it wouldn't have been published, don't make out we were complicit, it was a mistake, unless you're mister perfect then I suppose you've made some before now.

Latest News

Back