I may be wrong but as the opinion is mine I will say what it seems. The impression that passes is that they are making several models of both cars and tracks and as they don't have the license of anything, if that is the idea, they do not publish, so what they have at the moment is a concept of what they intend in relation category (GT3 / GTE / P1 / P2 or whatever). Basically they're shooting everywhere and seeing if they hit any targets

I just like to add this is why since GTR days I thought there is too many titles, too many engines

Why don't they all develop the most realistic graphics and physics engines and save a bundle of money

If the best physics gurus and coders in the world can't agree what feels real what hope is there

Having a engine that best represents reality would give all simmers consistency across all titles making racing better

When identical cars feel totally different in 2 titles what does that say for simulation ?

While satement "less simulation than R3E" is concerning, this might turn out to be enjoyable racing game. If it will have flat spots, flag rules, Safety Car, damage, weather, day night, real world series skins, no teleports of any sort and VR, count me in. Hardcore physics is important, but I can survive without it if feature set allows immersion into autosport. Oh, and hopefully shared memory rich enough to feed Crew Chief :)

I can understand if they want to make a simcade type of game, to appeal to the most amount of people, and make more money, but why call it GTR3? The GTR name means hardcore sim to those of us who have been around the sim racing community since the GTR mod released for EA's F1 series. Make your simcade title Simbin, but call it something else.

I personally will have a look at this title when it comes out, but a little sad that it may not be a full Simulation as Raceroom / rF2 etc etc...but I suppose all the money is in the casual gamer crowd who just what to pick up a racing game to play so being a Hardcore Sim Racer in the minority...'The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few'....but in the meantime I have plenty of other Sims on my PC to enjoy.:)

Last edited:
Well, that's one way to make lots of cash through a long-standing brand name hoping that most people will not realize what's really inside. :roflmao:

But yeah, they are prolly gonna make lotsa moniez with the console versions but I'll give this a hard PASS. :cool:

This game sounds more like WEC 2019 than GTR3.GT stands for Grand Touring which has nothing to do with LMP1 which are great but they are not GT cars.
I would have thought GTR3 would be better to modernize all the GTR2 cars,add GT3,GT4,street cars,Group 2,4,5,Imsa GTO,Trans Am cars & 60s GT (GT Legends)cars with some older tracks that these cars raced on.
I understand that LMP1s might have some mass appeal but they are already in Forza,PC2,Iracing,GT Sport.Would it not be better to have something like the Goodwood Revival TT race recreated with the Shelby Cobras,Corvettes,E types,GTOs & Lotus Elans or the Old German DRM series?Last time I looked there were a few thousand people at the WEC race at Silverstone.The crowd was about 5 times larger for the Silverstone Historic & Goodwood Revival sells out at £78 a ticket for one day.

I've been thinking something for a while and this has confirmed my thoughts. This Speed fella, a marketing genius he ain't .

This comms strategy (if you can call it that) has been appalling. Why pick a brand like GTR which is so heavily wedded to sim racing to appeal to a mass market audience? Surely acquiring a brand license like World Sports Car GT would have been a broader, more accessible title.

Literally makes no sense. Only the SIM racing community knows the GTR title, or at least knows enough to care.

AMS is remastered GSC and one of top 5 sims :O_o:

and bugger consoles because of them we will wait another 2 generations for RT/DLSS
to be taken seriously

P.S. and not because I buy a RTX card lol

Honest humble opinion I think this is the biggest plus for realism in game history ...along with VR of course

Last edited:
TBH I quit reading when he said "it will cater for a wide variety of user tastes" and "R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as.".
Thanks for saving me time and money, I'll stick with R3E.

edit: poor grammar

Last edited:
After GTL2 failed to become a reality (for sad if understandable reasons), and as someone who forever will boycott any and all products from Kunos&Co, this enterview right there from "SimBin", which I was antecipating quite a bit, ended up feeling as if my sim-racing hobby (or what was left of it) received some sort of kick in the nuts.

GTR3 was my final, last hope.
It seems the name 'GTR', once upon a time revered and regarded as "hardcore sim-racing", is instead going to be used for something more "commercially viable" (the so called "simcade" genre(?), something closer to PCars2, maybe even GridAutosport, etc?) because moneyzzz.

Oh well, gotta look at the positives :) at least my doubts, whether to go for a nice HOTAS+DelanClip or for a new Wheel+Pedals combo, have been cleared out now. :thumbsup:

Ciao, GTR series, you've been amazing!

Last edited:
"We see GTR3 as kind of the gateway. If people play it and love it, the next step would be RaceRoom. R3E is a solid simulation product, that’s not what GTR3 is going to be perceived as."

Whoa. Did not see that coming.

Could be just me but R3E, while a sort of a "solid simulation product", is not where it needs to be to be the "next step" from any other racing game.

Ouch...all this time...just ouch.

Latest News

Back