i'm very disappointed. I wonder is there poeple who love endurance race series but want casual experience? I think not. They don't see what the industry is moving. now days, do it like Forza or do it like GT and iRacing and ACC or do it like AC (big mod base) is almost only way to be succeed. PC2 is already enough to be good as the position GTR3 looks for.

Weird how they can't show off preview material to a loyal community that for the most part will support them no matter what because "first impressions are everything", but then in the same breath they have no problem showing footage of the game to hypercritical publishers and investors in the hopes to secure funding.

And then they continue to use screenshots that are nothing but mockups of R3E assets in Unreal 4, which isn't even representative of the game itself. So quick mockups are okay, but we still can't see the game after a year and a half of development? So is it good enough to show off or not? What the hell is happening here?

And then they mention that while they've been talking with the WEC, they need a publisher to fund the license fees, and they don't have a publisher, so it might not be a WEC game. Um, okay?

And then they talk about adding a bunch of random support classes, which at that point it's no longer GTR 3, it's just... every other sim out there. Except that it's not going to be a sim, they're just using the name of a sim.

And then the rest of the interview is just regurgitating the same info from the January 2017 interview.

???????????????????

Disappointing to say the least. I had a feeling that it was going along a more simcade route and this has confirmed my suspicions - definitely not what many of us wanted to hear.

I genuinely cannot comprehend the logic behind their decision on having simcade physics especially when they're trying to replicate real life endurance series', taking this route and using the GTR name is definitely a money making decision more than anything. Just shows that this Simbin is nothing more than a name.
They're going to need something spectacular to gain my interest again.

It seems like there are still lots of details to be worked out. Looks like R3E will be the sim, while GTR3 will be a game with a broader appeal, which explains why it will be available for consoles. What I don't want is for this game to be another Project Cars. I get the weird feeling that the developper does not really know what his own game will be like...

Right now, I find ACC a lot more promising.

You loved GTR1, then GTR2 blew it out of the water, coming soon to a gaming store near you,
GTR3, its NOT what your expecting
In stores Q2 or Q3 2019 or Q4 who knows.

I wish S397 would get this WEC license. I think endurance racing is already a strength of rF2, especially with the Endurance Pack they released a few months ago. However, that license may be too expensive for S397 I assume...

I don't want to go off-topic too much in this thread, but just to clarify the S397 strategy, we are primarily focussed on licensing car classes that can be used in as many series as people want to create (either mirroring real ones or by picking a bunch of classes that suit their needs). Most of the series mentioned here (F1 being an exception to that rule) don't have the rights to the cars or tracks they run on, so you basically end up having to license all of those separately anyway.

Well, I'm genuinely gutted after reading that!!
If this was just going to be another game with good content, but not entirely SIM focused, I wouldn't be bothered!! To use the GTR name having promised to "return GTR to it's roots" is an insult to many of us who loved the Sims of the original and best Simbin!!

Best of luck to them, but I won't be following this with as much interest as before .

Well that was underwhelming... following the development of this game is like watching the beginning of a car crash in slow motion. At this moment it's hard to see how the tragedy might be avoided.

Also, I see a few people here dismissing the idea that Raceroom is an actual simulation, which I can understand given their old floaty physics (still present in some classes), but the classes/cars with new physics by Alex Hodgkinson are properly good and very believable (GT3, GTR1, WTCR and a few others).

If raceroom is your simulation standard then I doubt the gtr3 game will even reach simcade status. It is not all hope lost though. A gtr style game with gran turismo style approach is not the worst idea if it comes with good career mode. Doubtful the physics is much good tho if it is well below even raceroom. Raceroomers will probably buy it but for us rest it probably has as much appeal as nascar heat 3 as iracing successor.

I wouldn't write this off so quickly ladies and gentlemen.

We haven't seen footage, heard audio, or felt how it responds to a wheel.

What if it appeals to the console masses, while managing to feel decent on our wheels?

The world is so quick to dismiss potential while watching from the sidelines.

Edit: I hope 1000 of you disagree with an opinion of a game that has yet to bear its fruit.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back