I know there's a lot of hype right now, but I think we all need to be prepared for the reality that this isn't real. Just some facts:

-announced via a tweet from one person at the studio. No official release from WEC, nothing from studio
-no booth at Gamescon
-"concept demonstration" to be shown to private audience at the show only
-still looks like a lot of open head count at the studio
-previous history suggests a lot of false promises
-cars displayed on screen shot are not WEC

I hope it all works out, but this is starting to smell really funny.

Paul said it's real. Not that it's ready to play, licensed or anything - but - there's is a GTR3 game coming out (certainly not 2018).
Still waiting for Paul's article further down the week. I guess we're waiting for the R3E TCR release before expecting any info directly from the studio.

Are you suggesting that Simbin are under the misapprehension that they are attending gamescon? I understand Kunos are going, but they are not listed either - presumably they are going under the publisher's name 505 games. They could be there under another company name or they could be there as part of another company's exhibition such as Fanatec
Jep, those who have attended at Gamescom Cologne in the past know that there are various ways of attending the Messe.

When I visited for the first demo of Assetto Corsa it was in the public hall where the actual visiting gaming audience was. However there are also plenty of games (and hardware) being demoed to interested publishers, investors and/or journalists and such which happens in the more restricted part of the exhibition where business deals are being made in private.

That's not true, as neither Catalyst Games nor SimBin UK are listed as exhibitors at the 2018 Gamescom. Which makes this all very much strange, unless they'll promote GTR3 at the RaceRoom showroom. Which would be strange aswell.

Wouldn't be that strange that GTR3 would be promoted at the RaceRoom-Booth when you know that Klaus Wohlfarth, owner of Raceroom and Sector3 is, at least co-founder and maybe owner of Simbin UK. In Addition Raceroom is Publisher of the old SimBin-Titles now and Publisher for Raceroom...

Yo!

Interview completed :)

Will be publishing before the end of this week most likely. Got to type it all up and then make an article... oh and wait for a day or so for a nice new image to use ;)

Btw, seen plenty of footage of it tonight, and it looks sweeeeeeeet :D

interview ?
like this one in 2013 where Simbin has announced that Raceroom has rain native support ?
(https://www.virtualr.net/raceroom-racing-experience-–-diego-sartori-qa-2)
No thanks, we just need gameplay footage, not bla bla bla....
Mod Edit:
Take a week off from this thread as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
@Ayem22 Give it a rest already.

Also, there's nothing that surprising about the quote you seem to be so obsessed with. It's a fairly common knowledge various features that were originally in the base game got then removed from Raceroom during the early development as it was meant to be a very different game than it is now made for a very different purpose, and putting them back can be very difficult as the underlying code has changed a lot between then and now. There you go, mystery solved.

Finnaly a Developer that doesen't hype the s**t out of his EA-Program. Will be glad to get rid of AC and go back to simbin. Not even a reason to think about buying ACC at all. It's funny how the fanboys allready cry about missing stuff in AC. Especialy after the poll about what to do first in ACC when it doesen't even have MP but 50% think about playing it at release :D

It was all a dream......................................................................
nah he's back and we wait........................................................

Latest News

Back