In the end we shouldn't give too much attention to the Porsche GT3 on the picture. I think it's just a screenshot from their earlier build when they had "Blancpain" BMW Z4 GT3 cars. It may just be their clumsy way of teasing a new game !

1486050173-4308-card.jpg

Some of you don't seem to understand what a leak is. Maybe its a language thing. A leak is the unsanctioned release of confidential information to news media. Its not unusual for a leak to have one source. In this case we have two sources. The original tweet and Paul's confirmation from the head of Simbin. We also have a linkedin source from Simbin confirming that they will be at Gamescom.

Yeah, because SRO basically announced it with a press release. Would be nice to have that for a WEC game too...

FIA and Simbin both had the chance to do that, as they clearly know this "leak" or whatever you want to call it is, is out there, yet don't seem bothered in the slightest to confirm or deny. Strange marketing strategy imo. Just another screenshot would have done so much without dismissing the news that might come at Gamescom.

Last edited:
Well the only reason I was looking forward to ACC was because it was the closest new thing to WEC,but if GTR3 has WEC then I have no reason to get ACC XD
(Sorry to my compatriots at Kunos XD)

In the end we shouldn't give too much attention to the Porsche GT3 on the picture. I think it's just a screenshot from their earlier build when they had "Blancpain" BMW Z4 GT3 cars. It may just be their clumsy way of teasing a new game !

Ok but how are they still showing screenshots of the wrong cars after 18 months in development?

Imagine if Kunos revealed ACC with a shot of a Pirelli World Challenge Cadillac and then told us it was a Blancpain game...

For now I'm much more inclined to believe GTR3 will be about worldwide endurance series of GT cars rather than the World Endurance championship. Stuff like ADAC, Super GT, Pirelli world, that would make sense considering the info and the screens we have received.

FIA and Simbin both had the chance to do that, as they clearly know this "leak" or whatever you want to call it is, is out there, yet don't seem bothered in the slightest to confirm or deny. Strange marketing strategy imo. Just another screenshot would have done so much without dismissing the news that might come at Gamescom.

Its not strange marketing when you remember Simbin clearly did not want to release this information at precisely this time. If your partner is trying to launch a TCR pack for RR this week, the last thing you want is to steal all its thunder by officially announcing the GTR3 license.

Can someone explain how is this more valuable than ACC?
i.e: ACC is already limited to GT3 cars. This one will be even more limited. I'm probably a big AC fan, but really can't see the value in getting less, and remain excited..

Thanks

Can someone explain how is this more valuable than ACC?
i.e: ACC is already limited to GT3 cars. This one will be even more limited. I'm probably a big AC fan, but really can't see the value in getting less, and remain excited..

Thanks

Does any notion of value matter other than rabid fanboyism? in the end you get two complimentary sims.

A WEC title would be three classes ( let's ignore LMP1-H, it's almost dead ) vs SRO's management of GT3 & GT4 - however the WEC is a very small number of events at an even more limited range of tracks than Blancpain. Not a great license :S IMSA Weathertech would be harder on marketing but easier on word-of-mouth, I'd think.

Anyway this is all dubious hype so far - give me something concrete & I'll pay actual attention.

Latest News

Back