Why should a new team not be able to continue the GT3 lagacy? It's not rockband where the leadsinger left and he was most influential artist and songwriter. Ok many members were going to SlightlyMad. Who does still play pCARS 1-2 on a daily basis without getting anoyed?
At what point did I say or imply that the new Simbin team weren't capable of continuing the GTR series, I didn't. All I stated is that it's a new Simbin and that staff are still being hired.

You insult our collective intelligence everytime you open your mouth, so it evens things out.
Also, Steam this, Steam that. You're a sad broken disk. There's life beyond Steam and the games it was competing against wrecked it in sales on pretty much every platform.

So Forza and GT.....well that's not surprising is it, I don't think anyone thought PC2 could compare sales wise to those behemoths, but use it as a reason to bash all you want, doesn't say much for your intelligence. Regarding AC on console V PC2 anyone have the stats?

I hope that they will focus also on past WEC seasons.
The current 2018 WEC is a joke, with only Toyota in the LMP1, though the other classes are pretty competitive.
The 2014 - 2015 seasons were epic, particularly the 2015 Le Mans, with the tight Audi vs Porsche fight, and Toyota not far behind.

I hope that they will focus also on past WEC seasons.
The current 2018 WEC is a joke, with only Toyota in the LMP1, though the other classes are pretty competitive.
The 2014 - 2015 seasons were epic, particularly the 2015 Le Mans, with the tight Audi vs Porsche fight, and Toyota not far behind.
Did I miss something, are Ginetta, Rebellion, Dallara and Kolles now downranked to LMP2 or what? Don't want to pick on you, but that's exactly like saying there's only Merc and Ferrari in F1.

Edit: and as you've said, the other classes are pretty competitive indeed. WEC is a bit more then LMP1 after all, isn't it.

and wait for a day or so for a nice new image to use ;)

pyFY72V.gif

I think you can safely wait until Sector3 have released their TCR pack. I can only assume they were not impressed that GTR3s WEC license was leaked part way through their carefully choreographed publicity campaign with daily publicity shots intended to keep the pack's release at the top of the headlines. I'm sure Simbin won't allow any official news to further derail the TCR launch.

Did anyone mention it before, but why does the picture show a GT3 version of the porsche? if its an official WEC game the car should be an RSR because of GTE class?

Why is there a GT3 on the picture?:unsure:

Well, we still don't know why. We also don't know why neither Simbin or FIAWEC mentions GTR3 being an FIAWEC game.

We also don't know why not a single other site shows anything about this news, we have one tweet and that's it. Meanwhile ACC was all over the net the moment they said it was the official Blancpain game.

Strange, wouldn't you agree?

Last edited:
Well, we still don't know why. We also don't know why neither Simbin or FIAWEC mentions GTR3 being an FIAWEC game.

We also don't know why not a single other site shows anything about this news, we have one tweet and that's it. Meanwhile ACC was all over the net the moment they said it was the official Blancpain game.

Strange, wouldn't you agree?

Yes. The hypetrain was very intense. The talks about GTR3 go back a while ofcourse. And, a simple typo or a wrong choice of words can intensify it even more. Is it WEC? Is it more than only WEC?

And yeah, the cars are quite badly chosen. But hey, news should arrive any minute now. I'm looking forward to it!

(And by the way, the reply to Zoltan was a joke. I get why people ask it over and over again, instead of plowing through 300+ posts)

There are a couple of other websites and facebook groups having shared this same limited information. It is all regurgitation so far though. We have to wait until official news is available.

Did I miss something, are Ginetta, Rebellion, Dallara and Kolles now downranked to LMP2 or what? Don't want to pick on you, but that's exactly like saying there's only Merc and Ferrari in F1.

Edit: and as you've said, the other classes are pretty competitive indeed. WEC is a bit more then LMP1 after all, isn't it.
Apart Toyota, there are not other cars with hybrid technology.
The other cars in the LMP1 are basically privateers, there just to be the best of the rest, far off pace compared to Toyota work team.
I have big respect for those privateers, but the absence of competition makes the races of the LMP1 class quite dull.

Latest News

Back