This is getting weird.

Game is supposed to be an official WEC title but the preview uses liveries that don't run in WEC.

Game was announced as a SimBin project but is in fact by a random team called Catalyst Games.

SimBin social media still empty and hiring key personnel after 18 months in development.

It seems like a strange time to go for the WEC with it being in flux regarding P1. I mean, will they model the 2016 and 2017 seasons and you can race Toyota to victory? Because to come out with the balance of the Super Season, or in the last year of the current regs seems like it will be a short-lived game. GTE cars are fun to race, but there are no shortage of games with GTE cars, and there's only 5 of them. I guess the new Aston and the M8 are not in any games yet - (that I am aware of). Let's wait and see, I guess, ACC is either going to show us how to cover a series the right way, in which case this will be a crappy waste of a license, or maybe it will blow us all away. I hope that they build in EoT and BoP to keep it realistic. Oh and a way to DQ cars after the race is over.

I can't see anyone releasing a title focussing on an earlier WEC season. By the time the game is released, it will already be several years out of date - which won't exactly make it easy to market to more casual sim/motorsport fans. WEC 2018/19, despite the flaws has some rather big names associated, so there's selling power there. Furthermore, the previous generation LMP and GTE cars and circuits are all available in one form or another in other sims. From a business perspective, the 18/19 superseason is the only sensible choice.

Now... if we were talking World Sportscar Championship, then that's another matter entirely... :D

It seems like a strange time to go for the WEC with it being in flux regarding P1. I mean, will they model the 2016 and 2017 seasons and you can race Toyota to victory? Because to come out with the balance of the Super Season, or in the last year of the current regs seems like it will be a short-lived game. GTE cars are fun to race, but there are no shortage of games with GTE cars, and there's only 5 of them. I guess the new Aston and the M8 are not in any games yet - (that I am aware of). Let's wait and see, I guess, ACC is either going to show us how to cover a series the right way, in which case this will be a crappy waste of a license, or maybe it will blow us all away. I hope that they build in EoT and BoP to keep it realistic. Oh and a way to DQ cars after the race is over.
M8 is in rf2 and aston will be sold by urd as a payware mod.
(and ford is already being sold by urd)

Would people stop to mention “WEC” ?

On the Simbin website it is described as:

“GTR3 is the latest installment in the critically acclaimed GTR FIA Racing series, coming to PC and next generation consoles. Enter the world of a professional GT racing driver, across the world in Endurance racing championships.”

Nowhere is any connection with the FIA or WEC made.
The language is marketing language (very similar to cleverly worded language politicians, insurance brokers and car sales men are using in order to deceive gullible people).

If Paul has no information to underline the official license connection (he may or may not for all we know) the whole story that led to the internet almost to explode is:

- some company (that HEAVILY relies on VAGUE marketing of OLD, non-related products critically acclaimed products) want to work on a future racing game title

That is it.

If it takes shape and be released as a product I am all in to try it and buy it. Until then it is just an internet story - no need to get worked up over it.
It is like someone shows some image of a supermodel somewhere on the internet and the whole supermodel-engagement-simulator-fan-community is scrambling to exchange wedding plans and cake recipes.

http://www.simbin.com/#games

https://mobile.twitter.com/chardon_jf/status/1028350949239209984

I can't see anyone releasing a title focussing on an earlier WEC season. By the time the game is released, it will already be several years out of date - which won't exactly make it easy to market to more casual sim/motorsport fans. WEC 2018/19, despite the flaws has some rather big names associated, so there's selling power there. Furthermore, the previous generation LMP and GTE cars and circuits are all available in one form or another in other sims. From a business perspective, the 18/19 superseason is the only sensible choice.

When GTR and GTR2 were released, the season they covered was 2 years old. SMS recently did a DLC for PC2 which included the 2016 cLMP1s and it proved very popular. Is the casual gamer really that worried about the latest season? Wouldn't the Porsche LMP1 and 50% more tracks be a bigger draw? The game was announced in Jan 2017. When you start development, the license agreement is almost the first thing they sort out, so Simbin presumably sorted out the license in 2016 and given they planned release this year, the 2017 season really isn't at all far fetched. ACC will release in 2019 and will cover the 2018 championship. The 2019 championship will be added later.

Last edited:
This is getting weird.

Game is supposed to be an official WEC title but the preview uses liveries that don't run in WEC.

Game was announced as a SimBin project but is in fact by a random team called Catalyst Games.

SimBin social media still empty and hiring key personnel after 18 months in development.
Ah well, Catalyst Games developed Nascar The game 2013 so everything will be fine:whistling:

This is getting weird.

Ah well, Catalyst Games developed Nascar The game 2013 so everything will be fine:whistling:

Catalyst is not a developer, it's still Simbin UK that is "working" on GTR3.

Let's see what happens on Gamescom.

Yeah it's new and we're at the beginning of the season but these results don't exactly instill confidence...

https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/result/4590
https://www.fiawec.com/en/race/result/4592

I know. If it would be engine/chassis wise, it would be a disaster indeed, an engineering failure. However, as much as I hate it to use it as an argument, it's more BoP related. Look how many times they changed it, even pre-race. The unrestricted new GT3 ran faster laptimes in the Aston race the morning before the 24H, than the GTE. And it sounded much better, much more like a V8.

Look at BMW in IMSA this year by the way. First race they were nowhere, second race they were fighting in the upper regions.

Latest News

Back