upload_2018-8-12_22-59-18.gif

I wouldn't call that confirmed really. Also it's a WEC game, but they are showing off a IMSA and SGT 911 GT3 R, and not a RSR? Oh, and neither SimBin or Catalyst are even listed as a exhibitor on the Gamescom website. All of this seems sus to me.

Last edited:
I can't imagine a racing game with a pure simulation physics/elements that it'll be controllable with a gamepad easily.
I think GTR3 will be something between Pcars and R3E, not more (in term of physics).
Thats not bad ofcourse.

• Mikko Lashay

That's great news. Maybe it is a little irelevant to the title but I would really like it to include a high tech open wheeler like the FRR2 or the Lola F3000 from Race07 and an offline hotlap save option.

What a good read. Haha seems one of the two camps (doubters Vs believer's) is gonna have to eat the humble pie come Paul's interview dropping here. I wonder

Though I do chuckle to Myself whatching you all slowly wind your self's up into a frenzy

patience people. You must learn patience

Beside of "some" issues :D But tbh the tires still felt like wood ^^ I really hope that Kunos can improve the physics and tires a lot..
Wood? Not really, the difference to other sims isn't that big (I own and play basically every PC sim racing title, except iRacing). But whatever mate.

Metacritic score is 85, from the time it was barely more than shell of a game (Metacritic score is based on 1.0 release). On consoles (which are much larger market than PC, and ACC will be most likely released there eventually) nobody cares about iRacing or rFactor, Assetto Corsa is the synonym for top realism for console gamers and critics.

Most popular racing game on Steam, by far. Would be majorly dumb not to use the name. Hell of a lot more people know what is Assetto Corsa, than what is Kunos Simulazioni.

E: Can see you're a beta tester for Sector3, well RaceRoom definitely doesn't challenge AC in pretty much anything but sound. If you're looking for challengers, see AMS and rFactor2.

Last edited:
ooooh and I hope mr Baystead is doing the soundtrack, still have on my playlist:)
If that's your thing, cool. I'd rather them concentrate on engine and atmosphere sounds instead of music. Every game I buy, the first thing I do is turn off the music. I don't care about menu or in-game music, it ruins the immersion for me.

I think we are all excited since the GTR brand reminds ourselves the great memories of simracing we had more than ten years ago, but also worried as so many things can go wrong.

What if the game lacks content ? What if it is too expensive for what it offers ? What if it uses outdated physics (as some suggested it could use an rFactor build as Raceroom does), ... and what worries me the most, what if it features 2016 WEC season ! Because let's be honest, against rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and iRacing, good luck to find someone buying that game if it doesn't bring something new to the table. Give me that 2018 Vantage GTE and I'd buy it.

On the other hand, the only screenshot seems to be a Porsche GT3. And from the description on the Simbin website (basically saying we're an endurance racing driver), it could feature a bunch of other series such as IMSA. Yet, again, it has to bring something new to the table. I wouldn't try to play in the ACC field, especially when it comes to Kunos belivers that will defend the game to the core (yes I followed the PC vs. AC war) and proving the game is almost more realistic than real life. Oh, they would give GTR3 a bad rap !

If that's your thing, cool. I'd rather them concentrate on engine and atmosphere sounds instead of music. Every game I buy, the first thing I do is turn off the music. I don't care about menu or in-game music, it ruins the immersion for me.
I'll leave the menu music on but in-game hell no! But on my mp3 playlist on phone hell yeah!

Approx. half of "good old" SimBin is Slightly Mad Studio - Project CARS - you do realize that?

I don't expect at top sim here, since SimBin didn't manage it with Raceroom. But I will for sure try out before final judgment!
sure I know that .. that doesnt change that old simbin sims were/are good .. so taking what was good on simbin sims and bringing it to 2018 standard is what I wouldn`t mind to see ...

I think we are all excited since the GTR brand reminds ourselves the great memories of simracing we had more than ten years ago, but also worried as so many things can go wrong.

What if the game lacks content ? What if it is too expensive for what it offers ? What if it uses outdated physics (as some suggested it could use an rFactor build as Raceroom does), ... and what worries me the most, what if it features 2016 WEC season ! Because let's be honest, against rFactor 2, Assetto Corsa, Project Cars 2 and iRacing, good luck to find someone buying that game if it doesn't bring something new to the table. Give me that 2018 Vantage GTE and I'd buy it.

On the other hand, the only screenshot seems to be a Porsche GT3. And from the description on the Simbin website (basically saying we're an endurance racing driver), it could feature a bunch of other series such as IMSA. Yet, again, it has to bring something new to the table. I wouldn't try to play in the ACC field, especially when it comes to Kunos belivers that will defend the game to the core (yes I followed the PC vs. AC war) and proving the game is almost more realistic than real life. Oh, they would give GTR3 a bad rap !
I'm pretty sure ISI does license the rf2 engine just like they did with rf1, so maybe it runs on the rf2 engine, which to me would be amazing, there's nothing that comes close to it when driving for me.

Interesting. Where do you think they'll go next. IMSA maybe? Capture the American market?

Kunos (and their owners) seem blissfully unaware of the American market...as evidenced by the lack of American venues like Indianapolis, Daytona, Sebring and Watkins Glen, never mind the atrocious treatment of American WEC contenders like the Ford GT (the new one, not the Sixties versions...although they've been all but ignored too) and/or IndyCars. If they don't wise up soon, they'll be scrapping for leftovers among the lesser open-wheel formulae.

Ive learned over the years that not all things go to plan, so I will not speculate on what GTR3 will bring. Personally I think they (simbin) are relying on the history of their name to carry them, problem is they are a new simbin, not the old dev team from GTR2, and from all counts are still searching for key staff.

If SimBin can release their GTR3 title within a short period of ACC's release then they may take some of the market, but the longer it takes them to bring something playable to the pc screen the harder it will be to convince the die hard GT3 racer to migrate from ACC to GTR3.

I'm a fan of the WEC & endurance racing, love to watch it on the Teev, but where is the market for endurance sim racing?
There's very few endurance events held on a regular basis, like monthly, the Bathurst GT event run on the weekend is an example of how rare these awesome endurance events are held. I get the impression most sim racers prefer sprints over endurance racing, but I could be very wrong in this assumption:cautious:

I guess in the end we sim-racers will decide what we like & dislike, but we will be spoilt for choice:thumbsup:

Latest News

Back