They are indeed a totally different Team, hence why I'm gob smacked, at some of the comments here on RD, the praise for SimBin Studios AB, which does not exist today, being mentioned along side SimBin Studios UK, just does not go, and some of the comments are setting themselves up for disappointment.

This game is going to be released on Console & PC simultaneously.
It's not going to be released on PC first, like ACC, where simracers will be able to test it, then the dev ports it to console.

LinkedIn:

Andy Webster, Game Designer, SimBin Studios UK Limited.
Was a Designer for Evolution Studios, and QA Tester for Codemasters.
January 2017 – Present (1 year 8 months)Manchester, United Kingdom
OMG it's going to be a .....simcade?:confused:

They have mentioned that it will be compatible with consoles if I’m not mistaken.
However if if this comes true and if they support VR I will certainly drop ACC in favor of GTR3 without thinking twice.:inlove:

It's funny how childish simracers can be sometimes.
"I'm still buying ACC", "If GTR3 has this and that I'll not get ACC and just get GTR3".

Meanwhile I'm hoping it just feels awesome to drive, so I can get both ACC and GTR3, play both the Blancpain GT series and the WEC which are two of my favourite series at the moment, and forget everything else.

Of course I know nothing, but why brand it Assetto Corsa Competizione and not “Blancpain GT The Game”. Just gets me thinking there are more to come in the future.
Because Assetto Corsa is a famous brand with reputation for realism and high quality. Brand they built for 5 years. "Blancpain GT The Game" is not.

If it was a platform for much more, why not call it just ACC. The sub-headline "The official Blancpain GT series game" is not an accident, and can't be erased from there later.

Stephane Ratel Organization (SRO) related DLC content, maybe yes. But something totally different.. wouldn't make sense in ACC. Probably not even possible from legal standpoint since they have a deal with SRO for this game.

Oh btw, if they indeed do get the full blown wec season, I'M SO IN. Day freaking one baby!

But i need to see a pure gameplay video to believe that it exists. That GT3 picture took away any confidence i had in this project.

It's funny how childish simracers can be sometimes.
"I'm still buying ACC", "If GTR3 has this and that I'll not get ACC and just get GTR3".

Meanwhile I'm hoping it just feels awesome to drive, so I can get both ACC and GTR3, play both the Blancpain GT series and the WEC which are two of my favourite series at the moment, and forget everything else.
Same, looking forward to both. Just not trusting any reveals that don't come from the source.

Well hopefully Paul's visit with Mr CEO goes well and ceo guy lets Paul have a few pics/videos to put up because he trusts Paul like we do and with this site it gets to the masses quickly I think:geek:

None of what you said leads inevitably to a bad result though.
Yes GTR2 was done by a team of guys who later moved to create what now is SMS, but according to many people inside here the games that they did after GTR2 weren't so great. Some complain abouth the ffb, others about the physics, others about the licenses, etc. What happended? They lost ther magic touch? I remember Ian Bell saying "we are making GTR3, guys", speaking of pCars 2 (was some interview or the video where he said that EA tried to kill his company, can't remember). So, what is pCars 2, what GTR3 should be according to the SMS? Would you guys be happy if GTR3 was exactly like pCars 2 but with official licenses?
I'm not bashing pCars or its devs here, eh, have this clear. I like both (I don't like some aspects of the games though).
Reiza was nobody, only Neils was a known figure in their team, but they did a great job modding RF1. Studio 397 was almost nobody, but they are doing a great job with RF2. And what about Sector 3 studio?
As for the second part of your argument, the fact that the game could be released on the three platforms in the same day can mean that it is actually very well optimized (meaning that the devs are sure that they did a great job).
AC was released first on pc and then ported to console, but it seems that the devs didn't hear the requests of the pc community back then, because the console version was missing some important feature for simracers.

See what I mean? According to your way of thinking a young engineer shouldn't have space inside the motorsport, just like a new developer in simracing land. Fortunally Enzo Ferrari and Ferruccio Lamborghini back then were brave enough to ask to some young engineers to design their cars and lead the racing teams.
You're trying to shovel reason into someone that is the running joke of the simracing community. Just ignore and move on. That mindset is not going to change, so you can only waste *that* much time in trying.

So Simbim was replaced by Sector3, but the label was kept alive and will now develop a GTR3 title, based on the Raceroom engine?

I like the Raceroom engine, although I am not a great fan of the way it is sold - dlc based, but that did not stop me from getting most of the content - some of which has been pulled, like the DTM Experience stuff - which I bought as a full game.

Hoping that GTR3 will bring back the integrated package of Simbin’s greatest years, not a dlc fest with always online bs.

So Simbim was replaced by Sector3, but the label was kept alive and will now develop a GTR3 title, based on the Raceroom engine?

I like the Raceroom engine, although I am not a great fan of the way it is sold - dlc based, but that did not stop me from getting most of the content - some of which has been pulled, like the DTM Experience stuff - which I bought as a full game.

Hoping that GTR3 will bring back the integrated package of Simbin’s greatest years, not a dlc fest with always online bs.
I think Simbin UK are separate from Simbin Studios AB /Sector 3.

SimBin went bankrupt and was reformed in 2014 [ 4 ] under the new name Sector3 Studios AB . In 2016 the name was picked up by a new studio from Britain; SimBin Studios UK [ 5 ] . With that, all bands seem to be the original company being cut.

"SimBin Studios UK is a newly formed English game developer [...] Established in 2016 by veteran developers from the UK"

I hope this guy makes it in as well as the Acura and Mazda.

cadillac-racing-prototype-cars-mustang-sampling.jpg

Nah it'll be based on the Unreal 4 engine, just as ACC.

Latest News

Back