Of course I know nothing, but why brand it Assetto Corsa Competizione and not “Blancpain GT The Game”. Just gets me thinking there are more to come in the future.

If ACC is truly an ACO license. We could be lucky and get a Continental Tyre Challenge expansion down the line. I believe that championship is SRO owned. It would be nice having all those North American tracks.

Also, nothing to do with the above quote. But if GTR3 is WEC only, I will still buy and play it even if it could end up with less expansion opportunities. Maybe more car classes, but less tracks.

Of course I know nothing, but why brand it Assetto Corsa Competizione and not “Blancpain GT The Game”. Just gets me thinking there are more to come in the future.
I think Montie is right. I'm sure an eye is being kept on whatever this DTM/Super GT "merger" (or whatever it is being labeled) is by ALL development teams, not just Kunos.

I'll believe it when i see a pure, unfiltered gameplay video. I don't give a flying baboon's a** about proof of concepts, still images, cgi videos etc. etc.

Until then, this project is still an absolute vaporware in my eyes.

What!?!? Seriously? I'm not going to get into an argument with you here so this is my last post on the subject... but serious sometimes people make me sad...

This has never been tabloid news... its a bloody fact, from an official source!

Ideally I'd have liked to wrap up an interview and some more screens with it, but news is news only when its news, anything afterwards is just writing about things that happened in the past.. !
Well, I for one am over the moon. I'm making the trip to Gamescom just to try it.

Where did this idea that licensing restrictions stop modding come from? Crammonds Grand Prix series, EA's F1 series, Simbin's GTR, GTL GTR2 RACE 07 were all officially sanctioned series and all had amazing mod communities.

For those who prefer a mix and match approach to sim racing, into the future I'm sure iRacing, Raceroom, rF2, AMS2, and presumably PC3 will offer a wide range of cars and tracks for those not wanting to be restricted to real life championships.

You're listing precisely the old games, I believe ACC will not allow modding or skins, will see about this one...

yeah on that note what can we expect from this team? what is there track record? I hear references to Sector 3 but aren't they a different team? where did this Simbin UK really come from?

They are indeed a totally different Team, hence why I'm gob smacked, at some of the comments here on RD, the praise for SimBin Studios AB, which does not exist today, being mentioned along side SimBin Studios UK, just does not go, and some of the comments are setting themselves up for disappointment.

This game is going to be released on Console & PC simultaneously.
It's not going to be released on PC first, like ACC, where simracers will be able to test it, then the dev ports it to console.

LinkedIn:

Andy Webster, Game Designer, SimBin Studios UK Limited.
Was a Designer for Evolution Studios, and QA Tester for Codemasters.
January 2017 – Present (1 year 8 months)Manchester, United Kingdom

Seriously, you asking me that?
Yeah whip is asking you that since you reply "Another GT3 / Blancplain series oh really why doesn't anybody take the bold step and go brave and do something, out of the norm?" to the supposed inclusion of WEC in GTR 3, which has nothing to do with either. FIA/ACO aren't SRO, WEC isn't Blancpain GT and LMP/GTE aren't GT3.

Also, if you want something else than GT cars then look no further than RaceRoom's new WTCR licence, in case you missed it...

Yeah whip is asking you that since you reply "Another GT3 / Blancplain series" to the supposed inclusion of WEC in GTR 3, which has nothing to do with either. FIA/ACO isn't SRO, WEC isn't Blancpain GT and LMP/GTE isn't GT3.
Its still a super / hyper series, call it GT2 / GT3 / Blancplain call it what you like, its still the same cars doing the same thing around the same tracks, same old, same old

Latest News

Back