Of course I know nothing, but why brand it Assetto Corsa Competizione and not “Blancpain GT The Game”. Just gets me thinking there are more to come in the future.
Yep Marco even said in the SRO press conference announcing the game about all the other categories that they will be very busy and thank you for that etc...so we will see

I haven't read all 130 some comments, but it doesn't look like someone has pointed out at a hiding risk in here, despite being good news in many ways:

If small developers surrender to licenses and checkbooks of SRO, FIA, etc., and move, or move back, to only developing "officially sanctioned series" games, we the people could lose everything else, particularly alternate tracks and cars not used by that particular series, those simulations would likely be closed to modding and skin painting because of licensing restrictions.

Make sure your simracing spending budget still includes money to support independent development, and hang on to your copy of rf2... please...

Where did this idea that licensing restrictions stop modding come from? Crammonds Grand Prix series, EA's F1 series, Simbin's GTR, GTL GTR2 RACE 07 were all officially sanctioned series and all had amazing mod communities.

For those who prefer a mix and match approach to sim racing, into the future I'm sure iRacing, Raceroom, rF2, AMS2, and presumably PC3 will offer a wide range of cars and tracks for those not wanting to be restricted to real life championships.

I don't like GT cars too, especially modern ones. I like old CanAm, IMSA and Group 6 cars, the touring cars of the 90s, prototypes, rally and hill climbs.
I was hoping for a project Rally when the SMS introduced the terrain deformation, but I think that the length of the real rally stages will prevet them to make such a game. Also, in rally the multiplayer would see one car per time on the road and I don't think they like the idea. I suggested to make the Monza Rally stages inside the WMD (because the track was done and was just a matter of placing cones and plastic barriers to make the specials) and the idea was ditched because was a rally event for the most part, with only the last special being a 2 cars showdown. Rally cross instead allows them to have 5+ cars on track, it's definitely more appealing for a multiplayer point of view.
I was hoping for AC, at least for the tarmac roads, but we know how it ended up. Most of the conversions started are far from finished.
I'm at a point where I lost hope and I started to watching and reading tutorials myself, to see if I can manage to convert some route from RF1 and RBR to RF2. But I'm only few days in.
Now GTR3 opens some hope again, because (as said in another thread) some UE4 plugins allow to import terrain with elevation data from google, avoiding the use of programs like BTB and RTB. So to create routes from real data could be quicker and bug free possibly. We'll see. Hopefully the next interview with Simbin will clarify their position on modding.

I can easily write many pages about rally games and other things related to this subject but this is wrong thread for it... Atm we rally fans can only hope and wait. Maybe someday, maybe..

• Deleted member 113561

good old Simbin
Approx. half of "good old" SimBin is Slightly Mad Studio - Project CARS - you do realize that?

I don't expect at top sim here, since SimBin didn't manage it with Raceroom. But I will for sure try out before final judgment!

Why there is not any good rally simulators available since RBR?
Because games, especially as complex ones as sims, are expensive business and they kinda need to make money. RBR came in time when rally was a lot more popular and making games much cheaper, and it still didn't do all that great. The fact that Dirt Rally did pretty good was a bit of a miracle.

Still very skeptical. They said they would show a "virtual representation" at the event? What does that mean? More still pics? Will there be any actual game footage or is this still concept?

Another person who knows reading comprehension. If they would want to show game footage, they would say "we're going to show game footage". Virtual representation is the kind of vague term game designers/publishers use when they don't know yet - or very well know but don't want to tell - if they could show something tangible. Personally I think stills or some CGI movie might just be what we'll get. On display doesn't mean playable either.

The vaguer, the less tangible...that's basically the definition of those words but I feel like it doesn't do harm to repeat it.

Gamescom is in 2 weeks something? We'll see what happens no?

Approx. half of "good old" SimBin is Slightly Mad Studio - Project CARS - you do realize that?

I don't expect at top sim here, since SimBin didn't manage it with Raceroom. But I will for sure try out before final judgment!
yeah on that note what can we expect from this team? what is there track record? I hear references to Sector 3 but aren't they a different team? where did this Simbin UK really come from?

Was it mentioned that the screenshot shows a SuperGT Gulf car and the TRG car from IMSA?

If it's a WEC game show me some WEC stuff, or just don't say anything. This season would be an awful time for a WEC game, and with the LMP rules about to be thrown in a blender seems a very odd time to be trying to make a future one too.

Was it mentioned that the screenshot shows a SuperGT Gulf car and the TRG car from IMSA?

If it's a WEC game show me some WEC stuff, or just don't say anything. This season would be an awful time for a WEC game, and with the LMP rules about to be thrown in a blender seems a very odd time to be trying to make a future one too.

Yes, people noticed and it only strengthened the doubtful attitude some of us already had.

Latest News

Back