Why would they have 2 Porsche 911 GT3 R's in the screenshot and yet this is supposed to be a game replicating the WEC... Makes no sense to me.

Why were SimBin not the first ones to do the reveal? J-F's tweet pretty much summed up my reaction.

https://twitter.com/chardon_jf/status/1028350949239209984

tenor.gif

Simracing drama at its best !

Other than that, looks like in a few years you'll only have GTE/GT3 to drive in modern sims. On Spa and Monza exclusively of course! And in a Ferrari...And in UE4. Nothing is going to look samey, I promise !

Jaw is on the floor. I was hoping for the best but, if I'm honest, I was realistically expecting...nothing.

I've said it before, but I'm going to say it again - sim racing is getting better and better and better...

I'm so excited for ACC that I don't Google it without relieving myself first for fear of wetting my pants. My opinion just a few moments ago was that it was very possible that ACC may be that long awaited "killer app" - i.e. the sim that makes all other sims "not ACC" to such a large swathe of the sim racing market, that all competition is forced to either give up or completely reboot. I'm much less confident in that opinion now, which is a good thing - when sim devs compete, sim consumers win.

Nice news but is there already enough games with ”same” cars and tracks? I will only buy one GT game and it’s ACC.

Why there is not any good rally simulators available since RBR? Of course there are few rally games, but they are not simulators.
If any serious racing simulator developer reads this message, please make rally simulator. There is many rally fans and players who are already waiting too long for new modern rally simulator.

Great news! Would be cool if they have a career mode where you can start off in a GT3 customer team and impress then get a factory driver role in GTE before making the move to prototypes or just jump straight into the prototypes if you don't want to wait. Guessing for the prototypes they are going with only the toyota hybrid and the current crop of LMP1 privateers. Wonder if they will add the 2015/2016 LMP1 hybrids in the future. So many questions and ideas, can't wait for the games showcase to have a first look.

To sum up, it's just very weird to say you're making a FIAWEC game when you show nothing of that series but do show cars from other series, while at the same time neither your site or FIAWEC makes any comment towards this being true. To the contrary as the Simbin site actually mentions endurance series from around the world, which for someone who gets easily hyped or just isn't so good in english can easily be misunderstood as World Endurance Championship, which isn't the case.

So it's either vapour or it's a really strange way to promote a new project. Either way, as far as marketing is concerned I don't see this as a good thing.

I haven't read all 130 some comments, but it doesn't look like someone has pointed out at a hiding risk in here, despite being good news in many ways:

If small developers surrender to licenses and checkbooks of SRO, FIA, etc., and move, or move back, to only developing "officially sanctioned series" games, we the people could lose everything else, particularly alternate tracks and cars not used by that particular series, those simulations would likely be closed to modding and skin painting because of licensing restrictions.

Make sure your simracing spending budget still includes money to support independent development, and hang on to your copy of rf2... please...

What!?!? Seriously? I'm not going to get into an argument with you here so this is my last post on the subject... but serious sometimes people make me sad...

This has never been tabloid news... its a bloody fact, from an official source!
Sorry that I made you sad Paul. I had (and still have) best intentions. If you read my message again in a more quiet ambiance and see the whole context you'll understand what I was trying to say. I never wrote RD it is tabloid news! I understand the eagerness of bringing news/scoops first. Bummer Catalystos sent out that message. Assumption: They used the wrong pic cause they are 'just' a VaaS company and do not know the difference between the race classes which sound reasonable. Also their timing is not that clever and probably not communicated internally with e.g. Simbin?

But responding too soon, without sources you can mention today, to a tweet from Catalystos they published -probably- also too soon I don't know.

[/QUOTE]
Ideally I'd have liked to wrap up an interview and some more screens with it, but news is news only when its news, anything afterwards is just writing about things that happened in the past.. ![/QUOTE]
Fully agree!
Luckily we're human and can have different opinions. My preference is to read news 24/48hrs later with permission to mention sources. Again looking forward to your interview with CEO

But hey what are we talking about. Carpe diem and grab a cold one :thumbsup:

Well, as ACC brands itself as "The offical Blancpain GT series game", I think other series which are not related to Blancpain will be hard to include due to licensing. I think they will add the Lamborghini Supertrofeo as it was already in AC and races together with a couple of Blancpain races. But I don't see anything more coming there...

Of course I know nothing, but why brand it Assetto Corsa Competizione and not “Blancpain GT The Game”. Just gets me thinking there are more to come in the future.

Latest News

Back