F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Hello!
Can someone help me? I have the game on origin (in case if it matters), and I'm trying to do a custom emblem for my team, but everytime I change any in game emblem to mine, the game will either crash at the start or after i open the emblem menu in the game. The last F1 game I was playing with was the 2020 game, but there was't any problem so I don't know what to do now.
We need some more Information...

Do you use the current Ego ERP version? (9.0)
How do you save your custom Emblem? format?

Is there a way to mod the visor colors for MyTeam (for example: is there a way to copy the texture from one of the other driver visors and add it to ours) or are we stuck with the black visor?

Hello!
Can someone help me? I have the game on origin (in case if it matters), and I'm trying to do a custom emblem for my team, but everytime I change any in game emblem to mine, the game will either crash at the start or after i open the emblem menu in the game. The last F1 game I was playing with was the 2020 game, but there was't any problem so I don't know what to do now.
the newest version of Ego ERP fixed this issue so you're likely not on the newest version of the program.

CAR
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\[Team-name]\wep\[Team-name].erp

Driver
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name].erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name]_helmet.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\[Team name]\[Team-name].erp

Team / Pit / HQ / Misc
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\f1_feeder\2022_driver_career_intro.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\race_day_r_n_d_area\career_hub.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2022\garagecrew.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\pitstops\f1\pitstop_22\pitstop_22.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\showroom_formula_one\wep\showroom_formula_one.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_agents_office_common.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\raceday_r_n_d_common.erp

Umbrella
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2022\incardriver_f1.erp

Pitlane (If you change any garage textures, you must do so in each track file.)
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\tracks\*
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_interview_pitlane\wep\race_day_interview_pitlane_short.erp

This should be all files in which team textures are stored.

MyTeam Car/Driver (gloves, boots, helmet, etc.) textures are here, I don't know where the teamwear/raceday stuff is just yet:

Helmet, Suit, Gloves, Boots and Cap:

F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\2022-custom-fom\2022-custom-fom_gloves.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\2022-custom-fom\2022-custom-fom_helmet.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\2022-custom-fom\2022-custom-fom_suit.erp

Car Livery:

F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\common_fom.erp

Emblem:

F1 22\2022_asset_groups\ui_package\texture_arrays\customisation\cstm_badge_large\emblem\emblem_[name].erp

Quick question
I have recently installed the new version of Ego Archiver, problem is even after deleting the older version if I click directly on an .erp file it still opens in the older version (8.01), the only way to open files in the new version (9.00), is to open it first and then search for the file I want.
Anyway to correct this? ...It's doing my head in.

Quick question
I have recently installed the new version of Ego Archiver, problem is even after deleting the older version if I click directly on an .erp file it still opens in the older version (8.01), the only way to open files in the new version (9.00), is to open it first and then search for the file I want.
Anyway to correct this? ...It's doing my head in.
Try to right click the .erp and select open with. Then select the new Ego version (scroll down and press search on computer) and check the Checkbox to open files always with this software.

Im' pretty sure this is a common error but everytime i install a livery, the color of the car changes when i am a few meters away.
Up close the livery loks great but when i'm about 1 second away, the whole livery just turns to a solid color.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance

Try to right click the .erp and select open with. Then select the new Ego version (scroll down and press search on computer) and check the Checkbox to open files always with this software.
Thanks for the reply but I've tried that but it still wants to open with Ego 8.01.
It must still be on my system somewhere but I fail to see where.

I have a question, we now have the team name changer, but is there anyway to alter the engine supplier names mentioned by your staff in e-mails from the Career/MyTeam mode? I mean from those emails you received when a new engine related upgrade is available by the manufacturer.

Last edited:
I know this is a long shot, but is there any way to make drivers not retire after the first season of MyTeam? I know I can disable driver transfers but that affects everything, not just retirements. I don't want to have to see Seb retire after just one year of career mode...

Last edited:
Does anyone know why the colors I put on my custom helmet aren’t coming through accurately in game? They’re coming through much lighter.

To test, I downloaded someone else’s work, added a little dot to it in PS, saved it, imported it, and checked the colors. They had gotten lighter even though I didn’t change anything.

Is it the way I’m saving the file?

Does anyone know why the colors I put on my custom helmet aren’t coming through accurately in game? They’re coming through much lighter.

To test, I downloaded someone else’s work, added a little dot to it in PS, saved it, imported it, and checked the colors. They had gotten lighter even though I didn’t change anything.

Is it the way I’m saving the file?
yes it the way you saved it, if you use NvDivia dds plugin, you will never get it right, you need Intel dds plugin. After that you need to saved it in sRGB BC1 not Linear BC1. Nvidia does only linear

@Steven Poirier I do have Intel. I just needed to change a drop down when I saved and it fixed the color. The only issue is now my designs come through very pixelated and blurry. Any suggestion for that?

Last edited:

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware