F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Yeah I also figured out that the color codes from f1 2021 dont seem to work. I will try out your idea. Thank you!
funny is that codies using "old" color codes for cars and helmets in 22. atleast seems to me. drivers with matte helmets are to glossy and ferrari and rb doesnt look matte at all.. :D ... when i try to copy leclerc helmet tint colors whitch supposed to be full matte (_s.dds) i ended with glossy tint.

In terms of specular maps, has anyone had success in getting anything other than a glossy finish on the default_01 "Calibrate" livery?

I've tried both F1 '21 color codes and new color codes taken from the '22 Merc, Alpine, Aston Martin, etc., but I can't seem to find a color code for a satin or a metallic finish.

If no such color code is found, then I fear that liveries that use more than 4 colors that want a metallic/matte/satin finish are not possible currently, because the liveries that use masking maps only support up to 4 colors.

In addition, the "New Era" livery that comes with the deluxe version of the game seems to have this weird holographic finish to it that persists beyond a diffuse, specular, or masking map. I don't think it's suitable to mod.

Last edited:
In terms of specular maps, has anyone had success in getting anything other than a glossy finish on the default_01 "Calibrate" livery?

I've tried both F1 '21 color codes and new color codes taken from the '22 Merc, Alpine, Aston Martin, etc., but I can't seem to find a color code for a satin or a metallic finish.

If no such color code is found, then I fear that liveries that use more than 4 colors that want a metallic/matte/satin finish are not possible currently, because the liveries that use masking maps only support up to 4 colors.

In addition, the "New Era" livery that comes with the deluxe version of the game seems to have this weird holographic finish to it that persists beyond a diffuse, specular, or masking map. I don't think it's suitable to mod.
So what colors do work currently? I’ve been try to get a chrome effect for my livery to no avail…

funny is that codies using "old" color codes for cars and helmets in 22. atleast seems to me. drivers with matte helmets are to glossy and ferrari and rb doesnt look matte at all.. :D ... when i try to copy leclerc helmet tint colors whitch supposed to be full matte (_s.dds) i ended with glossy tint.
Yeah that's strange. I just can't get a satin finish in my skin

So what colors do work currently? I’ve been try to get a chrome effect for my livery to no avail…
That's my issue as well; all the colors I've tried have only yielded glossy or slightly off-glossy finishes, but nothing close to satin or metallic.

Like I said above, even copying the colors from the Alpine or Aston Martin (which are as metallic as you can get, really) yielded no change.

I'm not sure if this is an issue exclusive to the "Calibrate" livery, but there are no other liveries suitable for testing at the moment that aren't customizable liveries that depend on a masking map. I'll continue to do some digging and color testing, but I don't have a firm lead on anything right now.

If anyone else has any ideas for specular map colors, please let us know.

Last edited:
****SOLVED****

I am currently using my Williams Winfield Full Team mod (V2.0)for driver career.

The mod driversuit is displayed correctly in HQ and in the menus.
However, on race day, the original Williams suit will be displayed (in-car, podium).
But only with my own driver.
My teammate is wearing the mod driversuite.

I changed the driversuit in the following files:
2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\2022-williams_alex_albon
2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\2022-williams_nicholas_latifi
2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\2022-williams

Did I forget one?

I have already tested a complete clean manual reinstallation

EDIT:
In the career main HQ menus everything is fine.
At race day (session select) the driver suit is the original. (The cap is the mod cap)

I think there is one more file for race days. But i can't find it...

Update:
Issue solved... i did (again) a complete reinstallation and now everything is finde

Last edited:
Yeah that's strange. I just can't get a satin finish in my skin
After some testing, I think the best way to go about getting satin/metallic finishes on liveries is to simply use the in-game finish selector.

Of course, this means that you can't only use a diffuse and specular map. You will have to adapt your livery for use with the customizable liveries and make an appropriate mask map (the files that end with '_m') so that you can choose the areas of your livery to have a choice of finish. Specular maps are not needed, as the game will handle the finish for you.

The livery "Calibrate" (default_01) is not compatible with this method.

It is possible to have a diffuse map work alongside a mask map; the livery "Mystic" (uncommon_03) is one of the default liveries that allows for this. Others are "Constellation" (rare_02) and "Koi" (legendary_01), but these require progression in the VIP Podium Pass and are not ideal for use.

I wasn't able to find color codes for satin/metallic finishes despite testing several different colors, but please feel free to correct me if they do exist. I did find a color code for what I think is a matte finish (FFDF73), but unless the color codes for the others are found, I think the method above is currently the best.

Last edited:
Anyone has made/has any intention to release a 3d model for skins in a .psd file, like we had in the last other games?

Attachments

• SharedScreenshot.jpg
    SharedScreenshot.jpg
    553.1 KB · Views: 112
Hello, is there anyway for me to use default driver's helmet?

Let's say I want to use George Russell's helmet in career mode, can it be done? Or do I have to wait until someone post a Mercedes AMG helmet mod?

Sorry newbie here.

Hello, is there anyway for me to use default driver's helmet?

Let's say I want to use George Russell's helmet in career mode, can it be done? Or do I have to wait until someone post a Mercedes AMG helmet mod?

Sorry newbie here.
It's a little work, but should work.
I haven't done that in a long time. That's why I don't know where the custom helmet textures are stored

You need Ego ERP 9.0.
Then you open George Russel's helmet file (.erp), export the texture and import it in the custom helmet file.

It's a little work, but should work.
I haven't done that in a long time. That's why I don't know where the custom helmet textures are stored

You need Ego ERP 9.0.
Then you open George Russel's helmet file (.erp), export the texture and import it in the custom

Yeah I have tried it but I am getting blurry textures. I know this has to do with mipmaps but I don't know how to fix it. Even the texture names are different between Russell's helmet erp and custom helmet erp.

Welp reverted everything back to default now but thanks

How do you actually insert F1 2021 helmet to F122? I have tried with ERP to make it work with "2022-custom-common00" and not having ANY luck.

When i tried to import the textures, it shows in Ego ok but in came none of the helmets actually show up... What i'm doing wrong here?

Yeah I have tried it but I am getting blurry textures. I know this has to do with mipmaps but I don't know how to fix it. Even the texture names are different between Russell's helmet erp and custom helmet erp.

Welp reverted everything back to default now but thanks
Names shouldn't be a problem.

Did you set the Game Directory in Ego?
(Settings->Game Directory->Set Directory)
Choose your root f1 22 folder. (Where F1_22.exe is located)

How do you actually insert F1 2021 helmet to F122? I have tried with ERP to make it work with "2022-custom-common00" and not having ANY luck.

When i tried to import the textures, it shows in Ego ok but in came none of the helmets actually show up... What i'm doing wrong here?
Did you save your .erp file in Ego ERP? (File -> Save)
Do you have the newest Version of Ego? (9.0)

Did you save your .erp file in Ego ERP? (File -> Save)
Do you have the newest Version of Ego? (9.0)
Yes did save it.
Also tried the 2022-custom-fom_helmet.erp.

And yes, running the EEA 9.0

E: tried several helmets. Red is the ones i changed. (C- with the F1_22 custom helmet tutorial files, tried if that makes any difference but no)

The FOM helmet (i cannot remember what is called in game) but it look little blurry so it has done something to the files. But still doesn't look like what i shoud look like. In game looks same as default, just blurrier.

Also replaced the correct mipmap files.

Any help?

Attachments

• Näyttökuva 2022-07-11 005704.jpg
    Näyttökuva 2022-07-11 005704.jpg
    173 KB · Views: 72
Last edited:
After some testing, I think the best way to go about getting satin/metallic finishes on liveries is to simply use the in-game finish selector.

Of course, this means that you can't only use a diffuse and specular map. You will have to adapt your livery for use with the customizable liveries and make an appropriate mask map (the files that end with '_m') so that you can choose the areas of your livery to have a choice of finish. Specular maps are not needed, as the game will handle the finish for you.

The livery "Calibrate" (default_01) is not compatible with this method.

It is possible to have a diffuse map work alongside a mask map; the livery "Mystic" (uncommon_03) is one of the default liveries that allows for this. Others are "Constellation" (rare_02) and "Koi" (legendary_01), but these require progression in the VIP Podium Pass and are not ideal for use.

I wasn't able to find color codes for satin/metallic finishes despite testing several different colors, but please feel free to correct me if they do exist. I did find a color code for what I think is a matte finish (FFDF73), but unless the color codes for the others are found, I think the method above is currently the best.
but what colors are used for the mask map?

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 176 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 179 25.4%
  • CPU

Votes: 83 11.8%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 124 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 79 11.2%