F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

but what colors are used for the mask map?
There are no color codes for glossy/satin/matte/metallic finishes in mask maps. Mask maps are what allow liveries to have customizable colors. If you export a mask map using EEA, you can see that the RGB colors of the map correspond to areas of the livery that can change color. You can choose the finish you want for these colors in-game, so there is no need for specular color codes.

There are no color codes for glossy/satin/matte/metallic finishes in mask maps. Mask maps are what allow liveries to have customizable colors. If you export a mask map using EEA, you can see that the RGB colors of the map correspond to areas of the livery that can change color. You can choose the finish you want for these colors in-game, so there is no need for specular color codes.
So I can say, copy my diffuse map into the mask map for a corresponding skin and it should work? Or how exactly would I set a custom skin up for this?

Last edited:
So I can say, copy my diffuse map into the mask map for a corresponding skin and it should work? Or how exactly would I set a custom skin up for this?
Just copying the diffuse map into the mask map will not work. I'll try to explain what the process looks like with reference images.

test.png

This is a diffuse map. It's almost entirely black, but that won't have an effect on the livery's colors.
I've also put a little WALL-E here.

Untitled-1.png

This is a corresponding mask map.
Note that there's a little cutout in black where WALL-E is on the diffuse map, as I don't want him to be affected by the custom colors.

20220710164107_1.jpg

This is the resulting livery in-game. I can adjust the colors of the livery (and, importantly, their finishes) based on the colors on the mask map, and WALL-E shows up as he does on the diffuse map.
Hopefully, this provides a general idea of what I described earlier. There was no specular map involved.

This test livery is a very simple design, but you can still pull off more complicated designs by working on the mask map.

Last edited:
Just copying the diffuse map into the mask map will not work. I'll try to explain what the process looks like with reference images.

View attachment 581281
This is a diffuse map. It's almost entirely black, but that won't have an effect on the livery's colors.
I've also put a little WALL-E here.

View attachment 581283
This is a corresponding mask map.
Note that there's a little cutout in black where WALL-E is on the diffuse map, as I don't want him to be affected by the custom colors.

View attachment 581279
This is the resulting livery in-game. I can adjust the colors of the livery (and, importantly, their finishes) based on the colors on the mask map, and WALL-E shows up as he does on the diffuse map.
Hopefully, this provides a general idea of what I described earlier. There was no specular map involved.

This test livery is a very simple design, but you can still pull off more complicated designs by working on the mask map.
ah, so I just assign the mask map 255 red, 255 green, or 255 blue? Seems simple enough, thank you.

Last edited:
ah, so I just assign the mask map 255 red, 255 green, or 255 blue? Seems simple enough, thank you.
Yeah, just color the areas of your livery where you want custom finishes as 255 R/G/B on the mask map. If you have any decals or sponsors within those areas that you want to be left as-is, cut them out in black on the mask map, and save a blank alpha channel.

Yeah, just color the areas of your livery where you want custom finishes as 255 R/G/B on the mask map. If you have any decals or sponsors within those areas that you want to be left as-is, cut them out in black on the mask map, and save a blank alpha channel.
...no dice with the mystic livery, nor constellations...

Attachments

• Screenshot_90.png
    Screenshot_90.png
    309.4 KB · Views: 171
  • Screenshot_92.png
    Screenshot_92.png
    743.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:
...no dice with the mystic livery, nor constellations...
Did you make sure you had a blank alpha channel when you saved the mask map? I had the same issue when I forgot to do that.

If you use Photoshop, go into the Channels tab and then create a new alpha channel; it should default to black (blank). You can confirm whether you saved the blank alpha channel correctly when you import the mask map in EEA and in the texture preview it looks like there's nothing there.

Also, double-check that you're saving the mask map with Linear color space and not sRGB.

Last edited:
Did you make sure you had a blank alpha channel when you saved the mask map? I had the same issue when I forgot to do that.

If you use Photoshop, go into the Channels tab and then create a new alpha channel; it should default to black (blank). You can confirm whether you saved the blank alpha channel correctly when you import the mask map in EEA and in the texture preview it looks like there's nothing there.

Also, double-check that you're saving the mask map with Linear color space and not sRGB.
This did the trick! Will make sure to credit you for the next release of my livery.

Sorry if I missed chatter about this, but JamieG18 just released a livery where you can use the in-game color editor to edit the colors of the livery? Can someone link me to that process if you have it handy? Is it possible to have the logos react to those changes so the only thing that doesn't change is the sponsors?

Sorry if I missed chatter about this, but JamieG18 just released a livery where you can use the in-game color editor to edit the colors of the livery? Can someone link me to that process if you have it handy? Is it possible to have the logos react to those changes so the only thing that doesn't change is the sponsors?
My posts here and here should provide a general overview of the process; while I was mainly talking about specular finishes, I did discuss mask maps, which are the crux of customizable colors. Feel free to ask other questions if you need more specific advice.

Last edited:
  • Deleted member 408599

Hi. I was looking at the weight of the vehicles... and an F2 in reality, and together with the pilot (but without fuel) has a weight of 755 kilos. The fuel tank has a capacity of 125 liters. If we add 755+125 gives a total of 850 kilos. The XML data are these:

<Chassis>
<Mass value="755" />

The next mass I find, is the following:

<Tyre name="Rear">
<TyreLoadMax value="20000" />
<Mass value="27.4" />

<Tyre name="Front">
<TyreLoadMax value="20000" />
<Mass value="27.4" />

Didn't they add up the fuel weight? I can't find its mass... If the mass of the wheels counts, the mass of the car should be 700. 755-27.4-27.4=700.2. It would be wrong 755...
<FuelCapacity value="94" />(should be 125 I think, as in reality) . I can't find its weight mass... What do you think?

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Last edited by a moderator:
Can someone tell where to find the race crew shirts for myteam in the erb files?
CAR
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\[Team-name]\wep\[Team-name].erp

Driver
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name].erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name]_helmet.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\[Team name]\[Team-name].erp

Team / Pit / HQ / Misc
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\f1_feeder\2022_driver_career_intro.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\race_day_r_n_d_area\career_hub.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\garagecrew\2022\garagecrew.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\pitstops\f1\pitstop_22\pitstop_22.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\showroom_formula_one\wep\showroom_formula_one.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_agents_office_common.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\raceday_r_n_d_common.erp

Umbrella
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2022\incardriver_f1.erp

Pitlane (If you change any garage textures, you must do so in each track file.)
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\tracks\*
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_interview_pitlane\wep\race_day_interview_pitlane_short.erp

This should be all files in which team textures are stored.

Last edited:
CAR
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\[Team-name]\wep\[Team-name].erp

Driver
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name].erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\drivers\male\[Team name+Driver name]\[driver-name]_helmet.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\[Team name]\[Team-name].erp

Team / Pit / HQ / Misc
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\f1_feeder\2022_driver_career_intro.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\careerhub\race_day_r_n_d_area\career_hub.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\pitstops\f1\pitstop_22\pitstop_22.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\showroom_formula_one\wep\showroom_formula_one.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_agents_office_common.erp
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\raceday_r_n_d_common.erp

Umbrella
F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\incardriver\2022\incardriver_f1.erp

F1 22\2022_asset_groups\environment_package\second_world\race_day_interview_pitlane\wep\race_day_interview_pitlane_short.erp

Sorry, I skipped MyTeam.

I have no idea where the MyTeam textures are.

CAR

Driver

Team / Pit / HQ / Misc

Umbrella

Nice .... thanks very much. :cool::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hello!
Can someone help me? I have the game on origin (in case if it matters), and I'm trying to do a custom emblem for my team, but everytime I change any in game emblem to mine, the game will either crash at the start or after i open the emblem menu in the game. The last F1 game I was playing with was the 2020 game, but there was't any problem so I don't know what to do now.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%