F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Suits: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\...

Cars: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\common_fom.erp

Suits: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\...

Cars: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\common_fom.erp
Yeah, I know these folders in the directory I have checked in there and can see no sign of any in the list below. I would like to use them with some other cars & suits I have instead

The Cars:
Thin Stroke
Stinger
Thick Stroke
Streaks
Forwards
Combed
Loyalty

And the following race suits:
Feathered
Loyalty
History
Angular
Riviera
Stinger

Last edited:
Yeah, I know these folders in the directory I have checked in there and can see no sign of any in the list below. I would like to use them with some other cars & suits I have instead

The Cars:
Thin Stroke
Stinger
Thick Stroke
Streaks
Forwards
Combed
Loyalty

And the following race suits:
Feathered
Loyalty
History
Angular
Riviera
Stinger
All of the liveries you listed are in that location.

I don't think you understand exactly what you are looking for. These liveries do no have `diffuse` textures and instead have their colours controlled by a `mask` file. You will have to extrapolate the livery texture from the `specular` and `mask` .dds files.

All of the liveries you listed are in that location.

I don't think you understand exactly what you are looking for. These liveries do no have `diffuse` textures and instead have their colours controlled by a `mask` file. You will have to extrapolate the livery texture from the `specular` and `mask` .dds files.
Thanks for your reply, yeah I get it now, it just makes it difficult to know what livery is which because there is no .d file, I will have another look at it tomorrow :)

Simple decals files need an alpha layer, isnt just saving it in dds with alpha like your screenshot, you should add it. You have a ''RGB'' tab below your layer window bottom right, click on it, then add a layer with the button again almost same place you found RGB layer tab. Its should a black texture appear, return to your normal layer tab, press Ctrl and left click on your sponsor layer, return RGB tab and paint the selected area in white, then save it in DDD sRGB with alpha
Hi, thx , i did not add a black background its solved. But thanks m8

Can Gimp 2.1 save/export files as DDS ?
Until now I always saved in png and then converted to DDS. Which is time consuming.
I've attached two pictures. These are options I get when exporting to DDS from Gimp. So far I've always picked the wrong ones. With the result that the colors were distorted, pink instead of blue. What would be the correct setting? If Gimp can save DDS. Thanks for the help.
Screenshot (12).png
Screenshot (13).png

just to know as im trying to make a preseason williams livery...is there any way to do it?
1664229191218.png

i edited this (williams_paint_d.tif & williams_paint_c.tif & williams_decal_da.tif) but in game nothing change
thx

in the driver's career mode, is the name of the chinese driver also displayed at your game is only CAPITAL LETTERS ? or is it a bug in the my game?

Last edited:
is modding difficult?

if it's not that difficult i want to change dirty air and slipstream effect for more overtaking, but i don't know how to and what tools do i need to mod them?

a little guide will be appreciated ☺️

Last edited:
Im' pretty sure this is a common error but everytime i install a livery, the color of the car changes when i am a few meters away.
Up close the livery loks great but when i'm about 1 second away, the whole livery just turns to a solid color.
Can you help me?
Thanks in advance
Does anyone has an explanation for this? I have the same problem with my custom f1 teams liveries.
It could really help us!
Thanks!

Thomas

Sorry for my double post but i will explain a little more of what happen to make it clear.

Recently i decided to start modding the original f1 teams' cars. Unfortunaltly, it didn't work as expected. I dowloaded all the f1 22 original teams mod for Modular Mods. I changed some cars to match with my career.

Everytime others modded cars are 10-15 meters away, decals are missing from the car. Even the paint is unicolor for some. The non-modded (but modular mods .erp file) cars don't suffer of this problem. When i'm closer it looks normal for all cars.
I've tried every intel graphic saving format for the .dds, checked the alpha layer.. I have no clue.

Do someone have an idea of what i'm doing wrong?

Thanks,
Thomas.

Maybe a newbee question :
Today I got the Steam Update 10.012 (1,37 GB), And found on the ea forum that the new McLaren Livery (Singapore), will be removed in 10 days.
My question : How can I save, and what files ,to keep them out of the game, then re-applied those files in order to see this kind livery in the future.?
Can someone show me the directions ?
Thanks.

Maybe a newbee question :
Today I got the Steam Update 10.012 (1,37 GB), And found on the ea forum that the new McLaren Livery (Singapore), will be removed in 10 days.
My question : How can I save, and what files ,to keep them out of the game, then re-applied those files in order to see this kind livery in the future.?
Can someone show me the directions ?
Thanks.
First download EGO archiver 9, next open it and navigate to F1 22...f1 22...2022_asset_groups...f1_2022_vehicle_package...teams...mclaren...wep. Open the mclaren.erp and find the following files mclaren_decal_da.tif, mclaren_paint_c.tif, mclaren_paint_d.tif, mclaren_paint_s.tif and export each of them to a folder on your PC. Then when the livery reverts back to the default one just do the same as above but in reverse ie. import the livery you have on your PC back into the game

I am pretty sure a modder on here will make it available in a copy & paste version but it is always good to know how to move files around manually

Last edited:
First download EGO archiver 9, next open it and navigate to F1 22...f1 22...2022_asset_groups...f1_2022_vehicle_package...teams...mclaren...wep. Open the mclaren.erp and find the following files mclaren_decal_da.tif, mclaren_paint_c.tif, mclaren_paint_d.tif, mclaren_paint_s.tif and export each of them to a folder on your PC. Then when the livery reverts back to the default one just do the same as above but in reverse ie. import the livery you have on your PC back into the game

I am pretty sure a modder on here will make it available in a copy & paste version but it is always good to know how to move files around manually
Thanks you Alkie38,
I will start by saving the files on a safe place. I already have Ego archiver 9 installed and will follow your help.
- Better late than never, I am retired and my speedmeter show 82 Years :)

Thanks you Alkie38,
I will start by saving the files on a safe place. I already have Ego archiver 9 installed and will follow your help.
- Better late than never, I am retired and my speedmeter show 82 Years :)
If you get into trouble, you can always use this mod:
Or even better, if you don't want to over ride your base files, install modular mods and move their McLaren .erp into the active folder:
Happy motoring ;)

Last edited:
Does anyone know how to convert the new McLaren model to use for MyTeam? I tried using the Singapore livery on the old model but it doesn't come out right, so seems like its an entirely new model.
Wondering if I can somehow convert the new model from the game files to use as the MyTeam car.
If anyone can point me to any resources or guides on how to do this it would be greatly appreciated!

Has anyone edited the tyrecompounds.erp file of the F1 2022 cars? I'm struggling to understand which tyre is which in the XML file. I've noted which I believe to be Softs, Medium, Hards, Inters and Wets but unsure of the rest. There are:

2022_SUPF
2022_SUPR
2022_SOFF - Soft Front??
2022_SOFR - Soft Rear??
2022_MEDF - Medium Front
2022_MEDR - Medium Rear
2022_HARF - Hard Front??
2022_HARR - Hard Rear??
2022_INTF - Inters Front
2022_INTR - Inters Rear
2022_WETF - Wet Front
2022_WETR - Wet Rear