F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Yesterday October 17th I accepted the emails in the game that Mika Hakkinen and an American livery will be added to the game. But from then on my game keeps crashing when I want to continue myteam career.
I've already verified the game for integrity three times, but to no avail.
EA is also reporting it on the forum, but they haven't come up with a solution yet.
Any solutions here?

Yesterday October 17th I accepted the emails in the game that Mika Hakkinen and an American livery will be added to the game. But from then on my game keeps crashing when I want to continue myteam career.
I've already verified the game for integrity three times, but to no avail.
EA is also reporting it on the forum, but they haven't come up with a solution yet.
Any solutions here?
There's a mod to enable it but you have to use cheat engine

Answer EA:
Hey drivers,

We're aware of some players unable to access My Team in F1® 22 after redeeming Mika Hakkinen. We're working on a fix and will update you when everything is up and running.

The Griddy podium celebration and Mika Hakkinen will be available to all F1® 22 players through in-game messages once this fix is available.

Last edited:
Has anyone edited the tyrecompounds.erp file of the F1 2022 cars? I'm struggling to understand which tyre is which in the XML file. I've noted which I believe to be Softs, Medium, Hards, Inters and Wets but unsure of the rest. There are:

2022_SUPF
2022_SUPR
2022_SOFF - Soft Front??
2022_SOFR - Soft Rear??
2022_MEDF - Medium Front
2022_MEDR - Medium Rear
2022_HARF - Hard Front??
2022_HARR - Hard Rear??
2022_INTF - Inters Front
2022_INTR - Inters Rear
2022_WETF - Wet Front
2022_WETR - Wet Rear
2022_USOF
2022_USOR
2022_HSOF
2022_HSOR
2022_SHAF
2022_SHAR
I think the game is more complex than just Soft / Medium / Hard.
It looks like it uses the old tires system (like in 2018).
USO = Ultra Soft (Old Purple One)
HSO = Hyper Soft (Old Pink One)
SHA = Super Hard (Old Orange One)
I don't have any clue for the SUP one. Maybe it's just a vestige of the old tyre system and it isn't used anymore.

I don't have any clue for the SUP one. Maybe it's just a vestige of the old tyre system and it isn't used anymore.
the sup can be super soft? for the F2 cars?

guys just asking is there a way to save the car chassis in case codies decide to upgrade them so i can have both aston?
First download EGO archiver 9, next open it and navigate to F1 22...f1 22...2022_asset_groups...f1_2022_vehicle_package...teams...mclaren...wep (or whatever car you require). Open the car, (for example), mclaren.erp and find the following files mclaren_decal_da.tif, mclaren_paint_c.tif, mclaren_paint_d.tif, mclaren_paint_s.tif and export each of them to a folder on your PC. Then if a livery reverts back to the default one just do the same as above but in reverse ie. import the livery you have on your PC back into the game

Last edited:

the sup can be super soft? for the F2 cars?
Didn't think of the old tyres. It's likely to be old code left over from previous games I guess but the Ultra, Hyper and Super Hard make sense along with the Super Soft for F2.

Last edited:
Answer EA:
Hey drivers,

We're aware of some players unable to access My Team in F1® 22 after redeeming Mika Hakkinen. We're working on a fix and will update you when everything is up and running.

The Griddy podium celebration and Mika Hakkinen will be available to all F1® 22 players through in-game messages once this fix is available.
Patch 1.14 out today

Hey all! After quite some time playing around with Modular Mods and scouring the game files and Google, I'm hoping I might find some answers here.

Is it possible to replace/update the actual car 3D models (as opposed to just the livery), and if so, how would one go about doing that? Specifically, I am interested in replacing the MyTeam FOM model with an edited version I have created using jburon72's 3D PSD model (so the nose looks like something you might actually find on a Formula 1 car and less like something you might find on a duck-billed platypus). I've added the pictures below for reference. I'm also happy to share the model if anyone would be interested and if I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so. If this isn't feasible with the current modding capabilities however, I shall return to swapping in another team's chassis and looking at creating a custom livery outside the game, but I'm hoping it is!

My thanks for any assistance or insight, and happy racing!

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-10-24 015821 (2).jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 015821 (2).jpg
    132 KB · Views: 55
  • Screenshot 2022-10-24 015849 (2).jpg
    Screenshot 2022-10-24 015849 (2).jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 55
Hey all! After quite some time playing around with Modular Mods and scouring the game files and Google, I'm hoping I might find some answers here.

Is it possible to replace/update the actual car 3D models (as opposed to just the livery), and if so, how would one go about doing that? Specifically, I am interested in replacing the MyTeam FOM model with an edited version I have created using jburon72's 3D PSD model (so the nose looks like something you might actually find on a Formula 1 car and less like something you might find on a duck-billed platypus). I've added the pictures below for reference. I'm also happy to share the model if anyone would be interested and if I'm not stepping on any toes by doing so. If this isn't feasible with the current modding capabilities however, I shall return to swapping in another team's chassis and looking at creating a custom livery outside the game, but I'm hoping it is!

My thanks for any assistance or insight, and happy racing!
AFAIK, Not possible. Sorry.

Has anyone edited the tyrecompounds.erp file of the F1 2022 cars? I'm struggling to understand which tyre is which in the XML file. I've noted which I believe to be Softs, Medium, Hards, Inters and Wets but unsure of the rest. There are:

2022_SUPF
2022_SUPR
2022_SOFF - Soft Front??
2022_SOFR - Soft Rear??
2022_MEDF - Medium Front
2022_MEDR - Medium Rear
2022_HARF - Hard Front??
2022_HARR - Hard Rear??
2022_INTF - Inters Front
2022_INTR - Inters Rear
2022_WETF - Wet Front
2022_WETR - Wet Rear
2022_USOF
2022_USOR
2022_HSOF
2022_HSOR
2022_SHAF
2022_SHAR
I've been trying to figure this out too, it makes no sense to me but your idea seems to make sense

2022_SUPF
2022_SUPR
2022_SOFF - Soft Front??
2022_SOFR - Soft Rear??
2022_MEDF - Medium Front
2022_MEDR - Medium Rear
2022_HARF - Hard Front??
2022_HARR - Hard Rear??
2022_INTF - Inters Front
2022_INTR - Inters Rear
2022_WETF - Wet Front
2022_WETR - Wet Rear
2022_USOF
2022_USOR
2022_HSOF
2022_HSOR
2022_SHAF
2022_SHAR
I try to find that to change Tyres durability..

The USOF are from F2?? Ultra Soft?

SHAR have no ideia.

These one's that you writting in front is 100% that are correctly? The medium and soft? U change to test?

Hey all,
Sorry if this is treading old ground, but I just can't find the solution for this problem. I've been trying to edit the decals on jburon72's Mercedes model in order to create textures for a MyTeam with swapped chassis, any idea why the refuse to display properly, or at all? I've tried experimenting with alpha channels, but to no avail.

1666698308784.png

1666698367970.png

Hey all,
Sorry if this is treading old ground, but I just can't find the solution for this problem. I've been trying to edit the decals on jburon72's Mercedes model in order to create textures for a MyTeam with swapped chassis, any idea why the refuse to display properly, or at all? I've tried experimenting with alpha channels, but to no avail.

View attachment 611607
View attachment 611608
Make sure you are using a version of `Photoshop` prior to 2020. Photoshop CC 2019, aka version 20.x.x, was the last version with working supported 3D code. All versions after that the 3D is deprecated i.e. broken.

That said the 3D performance will greatly depend on your GPU, and Photoshop's ability to identify and use it. ( Check in `Preferences>Performance`) The inability to see the decals is largely and overlay plane issue.

1666870887918.png

There are essentially 2 pieces of geomerty sharing the same space, and you are trying to show both of them. If you don't have the GPU hardware to handle this then you can do the following:

1. Turn off the black background and wireframe on the decal layer
2. Lower the opacity of the paint layer until the decal becomes visible.

1666871274617.png

( p.s I added a matte to the decal shader to get rid of the gray /black background )
Hope that helps.

Latest News

Back