F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Make sure you are using a version of `Photoshop` prior to 2020. Photoshop CC 2019, aka version 20.x.x, was the last version with working supported 3D code. All versions after that the 3D is deprecated i.e. broken.

That said the 3D performance will greatly depend on your GPU, and Photoshop's ability to identify and use it. ( Check in `Preferences>Performance`) The inability to see the decals is largely and overlay plane issue.

View attachment 611997
There are essentially 2 pieces of geomerty sharing the same space, and you are trying to show both of them. If you don't have the GPU hardware to handle this then you can do the following:

1. Turn off the black background and wireframe on the decal layer
2. Lower the opacity of the paint layer until the decal becomes visible.

View attachment 611999
( p.s I added a matte to the decal shader to get rid of the gray /black background )
Hope that helps.

Thanks for the tips, but I'm afraid the problem is still here. I did the following (tried both 2019 CC and 2018):
- experimented with opacity
- disabled every layer except for the decal one
- cranked up everything in the Performance options to the maximum
Still nothing. Even with only one layer visible, the decals appear only in select places. Any other workarounds or is it a lost cause for the time being?

Thanks for the tips, but I'm afraid the problem is still here. I did the following (tried both 2019 CC and 2018):
- experimented with opacity
- disabled every layer except for the decal one
- cranked up everything in the Performance options to the maximum
Still nothing. Even with only one layer visible, the decals appear only in select places. Any other workarounds or is it a lost cause for the time being?
I'll be honest... If you want to do 3D texturing... Photoshop is not the place. The functionaility is marginal at best. I have an RTX 3080Ti/4090 and it still has some display problems.

It works solidly for me with Photoshop CC 2019 with the `black` and `wireframe` layers disabled on the decal texture. But I don't actually ever mod in Photoshop.

So you may be out of luck. This is a very common complaint amount modders using Photoshop.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I'll be honest... If you want to do 3D texturing... Photoshop is not the place. The functionaility is marginal at best. I have an RTX 3080Ti/4090 and it still has some display problems.

It works solidly for me with Photoshop CC 2019 with the `black` and `wireframe` layers disabled on the decal texture. But I don't actually ever mod in Photoshop.

So you may be out of luck. This is a very common complaint amount modders using Photoshop.

Good luck.
Yeah, it's definitely a Photoshop issue - just had a quick look in Blender and the textures are a-okay. Also, after some finagling I've managed to get this scuffed half-opaque view, not perfect but good enough to get some edits in:
1666898507901.png

One last thing - how exactly did you add matte to the shader?

Yeah, it's definitely a Photoshop issue - just had a quick look in Blender and the textures are a-okay. Also, after some finagling I've managed to get this scuffed half-opaque view, not perfect but good enough to get some edits in:
View attachment 612098

One last thing - how exactly did you add matte to the shader?
Sure. :thumbsup:

1666901165595.png

I took the decal file and created an alpha channel by ctrl clicking on the imported transparent `.dds` layer, filling the selection with white, and the background with black. ( I convert it to grayscale as a habit, always redusing file sizes for texturing.. but it's not necessary. )

1666901225265.png

I load this texture map file to the `opacity` of the decal shader. This way only the actually decal textures will show up on the model, and not the surronding discolored geometry.

1666901611420.png

Sure. :thumbsup:

View attachment 612126
I took the decal file and created an alpha channel by ctrl clicking on the imported transparent `.dds` layer, filling the selection with white, and the background with black. ( I convert it to grayscale as a habit, always redusing file sizes for texturing.. but it's not necessary. )

View attachment 612127
I load this texture map file to the `opacity` of the decal shader. This way only the actually decal textures will show up on the model, and not the surronding discolored geometry.

View attachment 612131
Thank you so much for your help! I can certainly work with this now. Like I said, view's a bit scuffed, but I can't really be picky about it.

Hi! I've just downloaded EEA, but when I try to run the .exe, it says "to run this application, you must install the missing frameworks for .NET." I have installed the frameworks, but it's still giving me the error. Any ideas?

Hi! I've just downloaded EEA, but when I try to run the .exe, it says "to run this application, you must install the missing frameworks for .NET." I have installed the frameworks, but it's still giving me the error. Any ideas?
You've most likely downloaded the wrong .NET framework. Make sure you install the

.NET Desktop Runtime.​

Im trying to edit a texture to add my drive name and number to a helmet i found for my own use only. imported he texture to the modular mods file in the active folder.

but when i save it and load game the helmet is very smooth up close and far away its just black.

i have check the unedited version and thats fine, so can anyone helpo with what im missing here.

i have some truble to get a difrent intro video working i got it to the right format and gave it the corect name but it wont play dos anyone know whats happening? (its the file attract.bk2 in the map videos)

How can I edit engine sounds exactly? I know I can open the raw bundle files via Audacity, but there's some garbled data in-between the engine sounds, and I don't know what importance it has to the bundle file itself, and I'm scared that it may break the game if I touch it wrong or something.

Hello everyone. I may have a simple question, but I can't answer it myself.
The question is: where should I install the factory simulator livery.
Thanks for answering my question.
Franske :cool:
I tried here: F1 22\2022_asset_groups\animation_package\scenes\facilities\pd_simulator_t3 but with no result.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back