F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

When I export textures with the EGO ERP, the MidMaps are always missing. Or are not saved at all. Is the problem with me? Am I doing something wrong? EGO ERP is version 9.0. And I have some modding experience myself. Modde F1 Games since F1 2020. Thanks for the help in advance.

Hello guys! I have one question. I am not sure if this will require any mod. Maybe changes like moving files to other folder will work but feel free to correct me here as I am the one with minimal knowledge here. I want the F1 intro that we see when we start the game to appear just before any race I take part like in Grand Prix mode or Career mode. So is there any way I can add the F1 intro just before the other videos that come like circuit information, Grid order etc.? That will be really helpful. Thanks! :)

Anyone know why everything that I import into the game has its colours lightened by the game? For instance I want something to be a really dark blue but when viewed in the game it's a much lighter shade.

I've also imported a livery and the game is refusing to make it glossy despite me changing its relevant .dds file. "livery_fom_22_s.dds" is just a bright red square which I believe should made it gloss. It worked with my helmet anyway. Why would that be?

Last edited:
Yea I tried updating both my graphic card and windows since the issue is happening, but it didn't work, still crashing the same way at the title screen.
Is the game working without the mods? Perhaps one of them is now conflicting with the new patch. I can only suggest one of two things, removing them all then installing them one by one until you find the offending mod, or bite the bullet and reverify your files and start from scratch

Is the game working without the mods? Perhaps one of them is now conflicting with the new patch. I can only suggest one of two things, removing them all then installing them one by one until you find the offending mod, or bite the bullet and reverify your files and start from scratch
I dunno...I've been hearing people having this issue on steam deck since 1.09 as well, I had so many different mods installed it would be a hell lot of work to get them all back...I guess I'll check if any drivers and such is not up to date.

I dunno...I've been hearing people having this issue on steam deck since 1.09 as well, I had so many different mods installed it would be a hell lot of work to get them all back...I guess I'll check if any drivers and such is not up to date.
I had a similar problem when I updated my driver to the latest version, but when I rolled it back the game worked no problem. I looked into it and it turns out, (in my case anyway), the driver that had been recommended was actually a beta driver!! I know this sounds weird but try rolling your driver back in the device manager, that might work.

I had a similar problem when I updated my driver to the latest version, but when I rolled it back the game worked no problem. I looked into it and it turns out, (in my case anyway), the driver that had been recommended was actually a beta driver!! I know this sounds weird but try rolling your driver back in the device manager, that might work.
atm the only thing I noticed is that my windows is having the 0x80073712 error and is unable to update to version 21H2 no matter what method I tried (spent hours yesterday figuring it out, still not working).

Drivers is up-to-date, though.

atm the only thing I noticed is that my windows is having the 0x80073712 error and is unable to update to version 21H2 no matter what method I tried (spent hours yesterday figuring it out, still not working).

Drivers is up-to-date, though.
I am running W10 & had that problem with Windows Update, the only way I recovered it was to update to W11 and then restore it back to W10 that sorted the problem

really why can't make my livery gloss in this game? I can make it metallic or matte, but when I try and make it gloss it just goes satin instead. very annoying now. I've tried pretty much every colour under the sun as my s.dds layer.

During Spa Francorchamps Ferrari will change engine with
improvements to the hybrid part should allow an increase in power of the order of ten horsepower, which is the line to change in erp file ? Thank U.

When I export textures with the EGO ERP, the MidMaps are always missing. Or are not saved at all. Is the problem with me? Am I doing something wrong? EGO ERP is version 9.0. And I have some modding experience myself. Modde F1 Games since F1 2020. Thanks for the help in advance.
Have you set your F1 22 directory as the default one in EGO?

It could be. I only installed the EGO Erp 9.0 and replaced the EGO Erp 8.0 with it.
How do I set the F1 22 directory as the default in the EGO?
If you are working with F1 22, don't use EGO 8, it just fecks things up. Open EGO 9 & at the top column click on settings, then in the drop-down box you'll see Game Directory, click on that and then browse to your F1 22 directory and set it.

Is there any way to export actual objects from F1 2022, like cars or maps?

Trying to create a blender scene with an f1 2022 car from the game, though there's no documentation of it.

If you are working with F1 22, don't use EGO 8, it just fecks things up. Open EGO 9 & at the top column click on settings, then in the drop-down box you'll see Game Directory, click on that and then browse to your F1 22 directory and set it.
Thanks. You have helped me a lot. Everything works again.

Question:
I have placed a MyTeam car in: livery_norris_01_d_tif. Everything is displayed properly and correctly in the game...but.....a car/drivers number is not displayed. Can someone tell me if this is normal or if I need to change something.

Thanks for thinking along and hope for a solution.

Franske:cool:

Question:
I have placed a MyTeam car in: livery_norris_01_d_tif. Everything is displayed properly and correctly in the game...but.....a car/drivers number is not displayed. Can someone tell me if this is normal or if I need to change something.

Thanks for thinking along and hope for a solution.

Franske:cool:
Problem solved ....... The original of this car has already number 4 ..... so the game is not displaying another number. Inserted the car in: livery_rare_02_d.tif. Works when you make the m file a blank.

Last edited:

Latest News

Back