F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

I believe it also works on driver wear yes
This is a nice change for modding compared to the last F1 game. Find this a good innovation for modding.
I hope that in addition to the mod livery, the customizable colors will also come for the helmets.
I'm surprised no one has released it yet.

Hi guys, I replaced my team’s uniform file, and in the file ( _m) I put an empty file created by me in (Color + Alpha BC3 / 8ppp / DX10+), but I find the gray team uniforms, how can I fix?

Hi guys, I replaced my team’s uniform file, and in the file ( _m) I put an empty file created by me in (Color + Alpha BC3 / 8ppp / DX10+), but I find the gray team uniforms, how can I fix?
Without going into great detail, the quickest way to sort your problem is to download one of my My Team packages, extract the files that you need and import them into the game

Without going into great detail, the quickest way to sort your problem is to download one of my My Team packages, extract the files that you need and import them into the game
Thank you, I managed to fix it. Do you also know where to find files to create team and pilot helmets on photoshop?

Last edited:
Thank you, I managed to fix it. Do you also know where to find files to create team and pilot helmets on photo

Thank you, I managed to fix it. Do you also know where to find files to create team and pilot helmets on photoshop?
You can find everything you need here:

You can find everything you need here:
Thank you, very kind, now I have everything, I just need the box files to change the team logo and the one of when you do the pitstop. You know their names?

Hi, I would like to ask for help, when you are in the race, Alex says: we are experiencing anomalous behavior and afterwards the car has a breakdown in the engine. Where is the command string I think is in XML format which causally causes this engine breakdown?

bye

Has anyone figured out how to work with/edit the engine sound files?

Assetto Corsa mods are putting this thing to shame on the audio front. Amazing how random people can do a better job than an entire paid audio team....

Problem Solved!

There was a bug with the alpha channel
Hi m8, i got the same problem, would u tell me how u solved it, or what was wrong with the alpha ?

my problem :
1.jpg

everything looks fine after editing the paint files.
but after editing the decal files it always looks like that:
2.jpg

im not a pro, so theres a good chance that i do something wrong.
i saved the file as DDS from photoshop "Color + Alpha"
4096x4096 Mips:13 FormatDXT5_SRGB,BC3_SRGB
4.jpg

thanks a lot
lg Sip

Attachments

• 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    64.2 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Can anyone tell me where the default suits & cars are, (I'm talking about the ones Codies supplies you with), apart from the FOM car & suit I am fecked if I can find the others anywhere

Can anyone tell me where the default suits & cars are, (I'm talking about the ones Codies supplies you with), apart from the FOM car & suit I am fecked if I can find the others anywhere
Suits: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\character_package\team_livery\...

Cars: ...\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\F1 22\2022_asset_groups\f1_2022_vehicle_package\teams\common_fom.erp

Hi m8, i got the same problem, would u tell me how u solved it, or what was wrong with the alpha ?

my problem :
View attachment 599541
everything looks fine after editing the paint files.
but after editing the decal files it always looks like that:
View attachment 599542
im not a pro, so theres a good chance that i do something wrong.
i saved the file as DDS from photoshop "Color + Alpha"
4096x4096 Mips:13 FormatDXT5_SRGB,BC3_SRGB
View attachment 599546

thanks a lot
lg Sip
Simple decals files need an alpha layer, isnt just saving it in dds with alpha like your screenshot, you should add it. You have a ''RGB'' tab below your layer window bottom right, click on it, then add a layer with the button again almost same place you found RGB layer tab. Its should a black texture appear, return to your normal layer tab, press Ctrl and left click on your sponsor layer, return RGB tab and paint the selected area in white, then save it in DDD sRGB with alpha

Latest News

Back