F1 22 Modding Questions Thread

Guys, if I use a modular version of a MyTeam livery and I wanna add another livery for variety so I can switch between them ingame, and since most mods changes the default livery so I wanna replace for eg. The Miami skin(Epic_03) with another dds livery skin through EGO ERP, do I have to edit the erp file in the ACTIVE modular folder or go to assets/2022vehiclepackage/teams/commonfom.erp and edit it from there. I'm still new to this modular process of modding since I've been using manual installation with Ego since F12020. Thanks in advance.
The latter would make it non-modular. The whole purpose of modular is that you can copy and paste to \ACTIVE, so you probably want to make a copy of your current livery, located in the Modular folder, and then edit it so you can switch them on and off through moving folders in "_MODULAR_MODS". Changing common_fom.erp will make it 'permanently'.

Guys, if I use a modular version of a MyTeam livery and I wanna add another livery for variety so I can switch between them ingame, and since most mods changes the default livery so I wanna replace for eg. The Miami skin(Epic_03) with another dds livery skin through EGO ERP, do I have to edit the erp file in the ACTIVE modular folder or go to assets/2022vehiclepackage/teams/commonfom.erp and edit it from there. I'm still new to this modular process of modding since I've been using manual installation with Ego since F12020. Thanks in advance.
The three slots I use are, livery_default_01, livery_fom_01, and livery_uncommon_03. If you use the older MM MyTeam package you can have three different cars to choose from, there's no need to touch the MM package, just manually install your cars via EGO. In the older version of MM MyTeam package, it will take the common form slot, however in the newer version it also takes up the uncommon_03 slot, but you still have the default slot you can use.
By the way, how can you use the Epic_03 slot, I can't find a .d file in it to use?

Last edited:
Looking for modders or anyone who can help me with a custom livery, I’m pretty technically advanced but for the life of me I am poor at designing things When I setup my team in F1 I do it and I name the team after my late grandad who passed in October last year ❤️ he loved F1 and I want to have a slightly more personal car livery for him if someone can dm me to help me achieve this it would be great!!

I've noticed that when the front wing breaks, if you have a custom livery installed over the "Calibrate" livery, the broken pieces of the wing do not match that of the custom livery. Is there any place in the files where this can be fixed?

Last edited:
Hi all! Any clue how to edit decals properly? I've tried do use bc3 srgb color+alpha but I keep get an incorrect display of alpha channel. So I can see my texture with white stripes on it

Hi all! Any clue how to edit decals properly? I've tried do use bc3 srgb color+alpha but I keep get an incorrect display of alpha channel. So I can see my texture with white stripes on it
BC3 = no
BC1 sRGB + Alpha, but its not about to just do the texture and save it, you have to create the alpha on your texture, to do so, its simply on the RGB tab where you have your layer, and add a new layer, will auto create an alpha and paint in white the area of the sponsor in the alpha layer

BC3 = no
BC1 sRGB + Alpha, but its not about to just do the texture and save it, you have to create the alpha on your texture, to do so, its simply on the RGB tab where you have your layer, and add a new layer, will auto create an alpha and paint in white the area of the sponsor in the alpha layer
Yes I did the alpha channel. So BC1? I have BC1 in the options but only with alpha not supported. It works anyway?

Last edited:
I've see quite a bit of stuff about adding a new helmet in place of one of the existing ones, but is it possible to export one of the existing ones as the .dds or whatever and edit it?
if so, how? I've got the ego archiver etc.

I've see quite a bit of stuff about adding a new helmet in place of one of the existing ones, but is it possible to export one of the existing ones as the .dds or whatever and edit it?
if so, how? I've got the ego archiver etc.
Just locate the helmet that you wish to edit using EGO, (I am using Carlos Sainz as an example), here:
F1 22 / 2022_asset_groups / character_package / drivers / male / 2022-ferrari_carlos_sainz-jr
Open either of the .erp files, highlight all the helmet files one by one, click on textures at the top of EGO and in the drop down box click on export & save the files to your PC.

Apologies if this info is already known, but what are these helmets called? I know the one I've blanked out is "2022-custom-common00"

Untitled-1.jpg

Anyone know how I can properly edit the decal files of the alfa romeo car for example? I seem to struggle with the transparancy channel. When I edit my decals to the file, the paint shows up all white

Attachments

• Schermafbeelding 2022-08-17 121837.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2022-08-17 121837.jpg
    297.9 KB · Views: 103
  • Schermafbeelding 2022-08-17 121903.jpg
    Schermafbeelding 2022-08-17 121903.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 91
Anyone know how I can properly edit the decal files of the alfa romeo car for example? I seem to struggle with the transparancy channel. When I edit my decals to the file, the paint shows up all white
Merge down all the decals to one layer, create a new layer with a black layer. Then select the decals with ctrl click on the box, head over to channels and hit the white box with an hole in it. Now you need to save as color + alpha and BC3 sRGB DTX10 if I'm correct

Merge down all the decals to one layer, create a new layer with a black layer. Then select the decals with ctrl click on the box, head over to channels and hit the white box with an hole in it. Now you need to save as color + alpha and BC3 sRGB DTX10 if I'm correct
Do you mean to hit the ''mask''- button? should I add a color to the mask?

Latest News

Back