Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Don't think I did anything else that cost me time, but I took my drivethrough penalty for pitlane speeding right about that time... lap 16 I think it was.[/QUOTE
...maybe that was it...i went lawn mowing in front of you. i can't believe the canadians didn't mow the lawn there!! well, i decided to do it for them.

Hey Bill who knows maybe those canadians, like a little grass with there beer....lol.....

Steve Stoop's High Spirits before Canada

For the first few races of the season Steve Stoop was not able to race, he was missed by his team for whom he was their league one drive. Sadley the only driving Steve was doing was to the booze shop. In recent races though he has been back on the track but can he stay on the wagon while in Canada.

We guess only time will tell along with the sales of 40oz beers around Steve's hotel in Montreal.

Andrew Bortz Fastest bus driver in the world?

The well known fast boy of formula one time trials has on occassion put his speed down to the HRT testing budget bus. This got us to thinking that other drivers may drive other vehicles apart from F1 cars. Recently returned Justin Webley is known not to even hold a drivers license and rides a bike everywhere, though ths does not show in his performance on the track (I write this stuff so I can say what I want!).

Scott Webber, will he and Louise Goodman ellope?

In a recent forum post Scott Webber has hinted that he may not be around for the next season. This has only added fuel to the rumurs the he and Louise may ellope after the final race. No doubt the pictures will be in Hello or OK magazines just in time for the holiday season, sucuring there position with ITV2 for the proposed 'Scott & Louise:The next chapter' T.V. show.

G4 Remoulded

This week sees a whole set of changes, all of which have been detailed by our race officials. We've been looking at the new faces in G4 and think that this could be a tough group.

The new G4 drivers:-

Richard Alexander Richardflea Group 4 Lotus-Cosworth
Craig Whitmore ExarDuffman Group 4 Virgin-Cosworth
Richard Grant FMFirefly Group 4 Ferrari
Justin Webley Kaos909 Group 4 Renault
David Palavandishvili MuFaS1983 Group 4 Williams-Cosworth
Simon Rizzo Rzzzzzz Group 4 Toro Rosso

As well as some changes/new faces to other groups:-

Derek Kind arathornIII Group 1 Virgin-Cosworth
Paul Wijnen Grimmie187 Group 2 Renault
Dion de Martines DionCaesar Group 2 Mercedes
Paul Lock devilsixpence Group 3 McLaren-Mercedes
Bill Devery Kangaroo02 Group 3 HRT-Cosworth
Matthieu Voets insidemattie Group 3 Ferrari

All of this brings on a massive battle for points both for the Constructors and Drivers Championships. The rest of the season should be interesting as new faces battle to get every point possible.

Bahrain

Is it on or is it off, we're all still awaiting news on what will happen for this race. Currently we think the organisers of RDF1 will run the race despite old man Bernie saying they won't. So until Scott finishes planning his end of season honeymoon we will be non the wiser.

Now its time for our pre-race questionaire, there are some long and hard questions in this edition...

So now that we're a fair way into the season how do you feel about your performances so far, are you happy with your place in the championship?

This weeks race is at a very fast track, do you honestly think you have a chance against the Red Bull team? (Red Bull Drivers - Do you think your team can carry on the momentum for this race?)

This track has numourus ways of throwing cars off, which part of the curcuit, if any, gives you trouble?

And finaly our in depth question of the week:

eXhaust Fumes photographers are very busy fellows (although we've never printed any of the pictures so far). This weekend will no doubt see you in an 'embarassing' situation of some kind, it happens to us all, a slip of the tongue, a trip or worse... So we wanted you to descibe what would a picture of you at that moment show. Example:- Steve Stoops photo may show an empty 40oz beer bottle.

As a final word I like to say thank-you to James for producing the amazing art work for this edition of eXhuast Fumes. Have a great race everyone, good luck, keep it clean and it will be fun!

Nice race mates, but I was unlucky, I qualified 5th, and after good start I was at 3rd position, behind me was joempie (Stefan Woudenberg), he was faster than me :) and attaked me at all corners, I make mistake and spined out, lossed front wing :( after, crash my temp wasn't exilent and finished 8th :(

David, you were too aggresive with the start. You bumped me twice. The first time was in the first corner and next in the third corner (I was on the racing line and already turning into the corner). This not a clean way of racing. Watch the my video above. Lucklly for me my car wasn't damaged.
You can't win a race in the first corner. Stay close behind some one and put pressure, soon or later they crack and you can pass ....

How is everyone getting on with preparation for Turkey.
The Virgin Team have been there since Tuesday doing testing. (If I have to eat another falafel I'll feel ill).
I found that if you tell the locals that you think Saladin was great General and the Crusades were imperialist folly they will do anything for you.

We spent Tuesday on setup and after 3 hours found that the first one I had was the best! Was able to improve one thing ever so slightly (rear spring setting one click) to make me feel the time was well spent. Got down to 1.27.2 on options.
Wednesday night was practice and quali simulation. Got 1.26.150 on options and 1.27.4 on primes. Rythm of this track is starting to come to me.
The Virgin team will be having a falafel and Turkish coffee promotion event after qualifying to showcase our local sponsors. All invited, ladies to please wear headwear and long sleeves.

PS FigjamRACER and Team Virgin and our sponsors have just announced that we will be competing in F1 2011.
This is code for the fact I have just ordered the game (£35.00 Amazon).

It was my little joke about when you are in Montreal at the Canadian GP (well done- bit jealous) I was thinking you might want to go to the pits and share your setups with the race engineers. I was saying hold back, resist the urge.
Have a great trip.

So now that we're a fair way into the season how do you feel about your performances so far, are you happy with your place in the championship?

Well I cant say im totally pleased with myself, although every race ive had battle my way through the pack the majority of my races have been 2nd places I cant help but feel I should of been right at the top already and pulling away.

This weeks race is at a very fast track, do you honestly think you have a chance against the Red Bull team? (Red Bull Drivers - Do you think your team can carry on the momentum for this race?)

Damn right i do, ive spent hundreds of hours in the simulator just to show everyone up here.

This track has numourus ways of throwing cars off, which part of the curcuit, if any, gives you trouble?

Theres only 2 ways im gonna go off track here, 1. Another car collides with me and 2. We end up driving on snow and ice.

eXhaust Fumes photographers are very busy fellows (although we've never printed any of the pictures so far). This weekend will no doubt see you in an 'embarassing' situation of some kind, it happens to us all, a slip of the tongue, a trip or worse... So we wanted you to descibe what would a picture of you at that moment show. Example:- Steve Stoops photo may show an empty 40oz beer bottle.

Mine would probably be of a coach pulling up to the circuit (or the parade) with all the drivers and me at the wheel.

Ask me another......... :)

Preps have gone ok not done too much this week as I already have a nice set up for this track, pushed for low 1.26 high 1.25 really want too master the wheel around this circuit as I feel the pad is costing me time, feeling preitty confident the track is a favorite so aslong as I dont end up in a 1st corner disaster like in monaco things should pan out well for the rest of the race,

Seen a couple of regulars cannot compete for the season anymore will this mean some reserves will get a full time drive in the groups?

Ok guys your all in :). And Darren i was not sure where you posted it, if it does get closed i will ask for it to be opened in the correct section.

Oli if you mean there is 3 championship's already and this is to many i did'nt think their was a championship that was held during the week as i only no of Darren's and Rob's which are Sat/Sun i think. So i go the impression a weeknight would b ebetter for some people

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back