Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

dirtydave, I have to say that it was very nasty what you did on exit from the harpin on lap 29
until that moment I thought we gonna have nice and CLEAN battle,
you smashed me like a tank, my car jumped and spined..
after that I was driving 3-5sec behind you for about 3 laps and when I realised that you are not going to give the position back to me I was just hoping for you to have a close meeting whit the wall

Well i did send you a message Bartek apologising for that incident at the hairpin, for about 3 laps before that when i was right behind you, your car was jumping about and ghosting constantly, it was hard to know where on track you were going to be. your car disappeared completely off my screen and as i was exiting the hairpin it reappeared right in front of me.

As far as defending at the start i never changed direction excessively.

As i've already apologised privately to you on GFWL I'll apologise publicly as well, I'm sorry that i ran into you at the hairpin but it's hard not to when you don't even know where the other car is.

Thanks for the invite too Tracy

You are welcome for the hosting....Wow I was in total shock only two no shows, everyone was there before start time...ended with 11 cars using one reserve.....and the big one....."Nobody was booted".....this was by far the smoothest race that I have hosted...then I had to go drive.....that's when all the "smoothness stopped"....disaster from the start....part of the problem.....or should I say most of the problem was I tried one of Andrew Bortz's setups.......yea like that was a good idea.......not !........so I just stopped at the beer tent and cruised around stopped at the beer tent again and was watching and wondering just how hot and thirsty all you guys were...lol........and thanks to all who showed up.....:)

You are welcome for the hosting....Wow I was in total shock only two no shows, everyone was there before start time...ended with 11 cars using one reserve.....and the big one....."Nobody was booted".....this was by far the smoothest race that I have hosted...then I had to go drive.....that's when all the "smoothness stopped"....disaster from the start....part of the problem.....or should I say most of the problem was I tried one of Andrew Bortz's setups.......yea like that was a good idea.......not !........so I just stopped at the beer tent and cruised around stopped at the beer tent again and was watching and wondering just how hot and thirsty all you guys were...lol........and thanks to all who showed up.....:)

Thanks very much for hosting Tracy and i was shocked that nobody was booted as well. I wish i had gone to the beer tent with you now :)

I was also trying one of Andrew Bortz's setups but with a few small changes but i'm not telling you what the changes are until after the race on Saturday :tongue:.

Qualyfying
Choose not to do a lap and just start last

Race
Had a great start 8th to 3rd but then a Renault got forced wide and knocked me onto the grass. Then Mousa had the speed then pulled of a clean overtake into turn 3.
A lap later i got Mousa back up the inside of turn 4 (think i caught him by surprise). We had a got clean battle. (I would like to apolgise for knocking you wide 12 i took the inside line but the Ferrari who i was lapping moved over into my line and i had to take avoiding action.)
Lap 16 my Options where still going strong but i clipped the curb at turn 4 and went into the wall and lost my front wing.
Lap 19 i lost my car on the exit of turn 11 and spun it round into the wall :(

f1flyer.png

GAMING PLATFORM

PlayStation 3

START TIME
  • Race 1 Abu Dhabi 15th June 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 2 Hungary 22nd June 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 3 Canada 29nd June 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 4 Brazil 6th July 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 5 Melbourne 13th July 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 6 China 20th July 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 7 Belgium 27th July 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 8 Spain 3rd August 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 9 Monza 10th August 1900GMT/2000BST​
  • Race 10 Monaco 17th August 1900GMT/2000BST​
RACE SETTINGS

Participation: Qualification and Race
Race Distance: 50%
Car Assignment: Player's choice
Weather Setting: Dynamic

SIMULATIONS SETTINGS

Rules and Flags: Realistic
Tyre Wear: On
Fuel Load Simulation: On
Car Damage: On
Car Performance:Equal
Collisions: Full

ASSIST RESTRICTIONS

Braking Assist: Banned
ABS: Allowed
Traction Control: Allowed
Dynamic Racing Line: Allowed
Gearbox: Allowed
Pit Limiter: Restrict to Manual
Pit Box Control: Restrict to Manual

Forum name:
Gamer tag:
Car

1. Ryan Mckeown/MaccaaF1/Mercedes
  2. Thomas Helmar/TH_2310/Lotus
  3. Karim Aissaoui/ccakarim/mclaren
  4. Indrek Maeots/Inreksan/Ferrari
  5. Ryan Bakken/OpusX_SRT/Renault
  6. Marcus Lindblom/lindblom98/Toro Rosso
  7. Nikola Andric/andric94/Red Bull
  8. Matt Bryan/TheModestMatt/Sauber
  9. Sean Olley/HypeSean/Williams
  10. Marvin Ramin/DrTest/HRT
  11. Andrew Gibson/Goonie11/Virgin
Reserve drivers
1.Daibhog McKee/DaibhogMcKee_11
2. Driver
3. Driver

Hi Guys,
very frustrating this evening, i was given some ****ty news just before the race so wasn't in that good a mood.
Quali went bad as i seemed to make simple mistakes which cost me dear. i definitely got the wrong set up for the track.
The race, started great, got up to second as the usual turn 1 destruction went ahead, then i seemed to just follow someone off the track and ended up with a damaged front wing, on lap 2 i was passed by Thomas Holman who went off into T3, i ran wide also and ended up with a flat front right, i managed to pit only to spin out coming out of turn 2 smashing into the wall and losing my wing completely, then was lapped by the leaders, while trying to get out of the way i inadvertently ended up in nearly every gravel trap going, also giving me a flat rear right, another trip to the pits and i was in trouble. as everyone started lapping me for a second time i struggled to get onto the racing line for most of the lap. Then coming up to turn 15 i lost focus and with someone in front i missed my breaking point, in order to avoid a total smash into someone, i instead chose to miss them and use the run off area and gravel trap, however i didn't realise that it is concrete all the way to the barrier which i hit hard, and wrecked the car.

Thomas ref our spin i don't think i touched you before you went off but i definately made some contact when we were both in the gravel trap.
Matt i can't seem to remember any reason you should have received a drive through. i don't think i did much wrong eiher as i was always quick to get out of the way.

i got pole with a late 1:26 on primes!! :banana:

Matt I was actually wondering what the hell happened??? because i rem you also started on primes if my memory serves me right,,, i always have a quick look behind before the start. Then i passed you while you were in the pits i thought "" jeees he is pitting very early his setup must have destroyed his tyres" sorry to hear ya got a drive through, i would also like too see what happened there:confused:. Most likely ruined a good race for sure as it seemed a little bit stale after maybe 4 laps.

Its a pity guys destroy there cars to just pack it in,,, as i think albert park is a hard place to destroy your car unless you realy want too of course... but of course im just speculating here anyways thanks for the racing guys. Melbourne is one of my favourite tracks so i was delighted with the win.:D

I hope we can race together again,, the outcome will surely be different,, But thats racing,,, bring it on :thumbup:
Yeah it was weird, I lapped the ferrari without contact and I get a penalty lol. Once you overtook me in the pits your pace was identical to mine so me full of rage from the penalty started pushing beyond the limit on old options trying to catch up, my bad. Congrats on the victory, ill look forward to the next one hopefully some wheel to wheel action.

Ryan Bakken - No worries mate, I was miles behind p2 at that stage.

Thanks again guys, im off to sleep now

Well, a meeting to put soundly behind me! terrible qualy on options...was cautious on first run and tyres must have been cold cause then i spin on my hotlap in a place ive never spun at before...then 2nd hotlap ruined by running wide at first corner, mainly due to the ferrari going very slow ON the racing line at that corner? Mr ferrari, i appreciate you slowing and letting me by but PLEASE move off the racing line, you had plenty of time!

RAce: 1st corner mayhem AGAIN (see my video). i spin (tagged from behind?) and then have to pick my way through the field. some mistakes in front of me made it a little easier. then i caught up to marine and we had a nice little tussle for just a few laps...i spin and he skips away...then i put in some really good laps, i pit then he pits and when marine rejoins i am in front by a couple of car lengths but then i run wide at the pit exit/2nd corner and he passes. both of us making small mistakes and i catch up, he brushed the 'wall of champions' lost a bit of wing and then that lap i passed him at the hairpin...after that he dropped back suddenly...must have made a mistake??
After that a very lonely race on my own. i agree, the primes on this track are quicker!! ive never seen that before, usually for me options are a second quicker but it is the opposite here?? whats up with that CM??
the last half of the race cruised home for 4th. on my timer i could see the battle for the lead must have been intense with joempie 6-7 secs behind always the lead, trying to catch. would love to see vid of that.

a couple of points (6 actually)...

1. thx tracy for host :)
2. please guys, i joined RD to AVOID bumper cars! the first laps lately have been HORRIBLE RACING! brake earlier and give plenty of room - your car has less grip and much more weight than qualy.
3. it would be very rare for dirty dave to be "dirty dave" on the track. when cars start lagging and jumping, it's impossible NOT to hit them from my experience.
4. congrats to mattie, darco and joempie for the podium.
5. stefan: you bring the champers, ill bring the beer and cheese..
6. thx everyone. here's the first 2 laps in fullhd:

... then i caught up to marine and we had a nice little tussle for just a few laps...i spin and he skips away...then i put in some really good laps, i pit then he pits and when marine rejoins i am in front by a couple of car lengths but then i run wide at the pit exit/2nd corner and he passes. both of us making small mistakes and i catch up, he brushed the 'wall of champions' lost a bit of wing and then that lap i passed him at the hairpin...after that he dropped back suddenly...must have made a mistake??

Don't think I did anything else that cost me time, but I took my drivethrough penalty for pitlane speeding right about that time... lap 16 I think it was.

There are no club races going at the moment for the Xbox, it is something that players do not tend to do on the platform, as it is pretty easy just to set up a race online and race against random players, it is difficult to get a bunch of racers together just for one race.

I have noticed how little activity there is now for Xbox racers in this Racing Club, it saddens me.

Nice race ,sad for Andric94,as always,did not practics at all,,wasent ready,
Q ... just did training laps,and got lucky,3in a row,i could go default setup maximum 1.25.1 i think,ok
but andric94 i think you are top 3 man on ps3.....and willliamas ...hu drove...sry,just my brakes ,could not control enymore,my fault

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back