Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Good race tonight guys i enjoyed the fair play and clean racing,, there was a few bumps here and there!!!!
@Indreksan sorry i didnt reply in the chat,, but no worries thats racing man,, those things happen.
What a pitty most guys destroyed there cars,, i hope it wasnt because ye gave up lads and just wanted out.

Really did hope for a good race whit a 3rd place in Q... But came in 4th in the race... Got spun of by someone at T1 and T2 on the very first lap of the race, and that put me at the back of the field(8th place), got spun of again on lap 2 after making a clean pass on LouieABF(Hope you think so to Louie). Pretty much a lonesome race after that, except for a single pass on opus:)
Could not really focus today so i made some stupid mistakes, but luckily my 4th place lasted to the finish...

Hope to take a peek at top 3 next race;) Nice driving up front guys:cool:

well, I was pretty happy with my qualifying lap. 1.13,6-- just 0,050 behind Dr Darcon. But I guessed he did that lap on the options and I did mine on the primes.

than the race start. My start was a bit better than Darcons' but just not enough to pass him. Than I don't know what happened behind me but, there was a big gap between Joempie and me so I guessed there was an Accident. The first lap went perfect for me, I managed to stay within half a second of Dr Darcon, but no changes to overtake. After the first lap Dr Darcon slowly got away from me.

The gap was 8,4 seconds in lap 12 so I knew Darcon should be pitting soon, but then I saw Darcon strugling at the hairpin. I overtook him at the straight and then I was first. After the race I asked what happened to Darcon, he said to me that he had a puncture. Meanwhile the gap between Joempie and me was consistently 5/6 seconds.

lap 23 I made my pitstop, when I got out the gap between Darcon and me was 2 seconds. the following lap I put my enging map to standard. and sit out the race. I made a little misstake and Darcon came close to me again. In the end I won the race:)

Btw I want to thank the benchmakers for letting me pass without any problems:)

Good race guys, hard but fair. I got a random drive through on lap 6 lapping a ferrari (no idea why), gave me road rage for the next 23 laps as I had a 15 second lead before that. Ill be having words with the Stewards for sure :) 3rd wasnt bad though, just lonely.

Wow, I'm in the top flight! :D

Thanks for the welcome, it's a bit weird to come in leading the driver's championship, but I'll do my best to defend the position. I won't be here for the Montreal GP on Saturday (ironically I may be able to watch the real P1 live in Montreal). It will be a few days before I can catch up on the forum.

Good luck in Montreal, I look forward to racing you guys!

It was an ok race for me, no major misstakes other then that I got a drivethrough for pitlane speeding....hm... there was something going on at the first turn, got a little bump from Joempie but that was because he got bumped by Mufas. I lost one place due to that but no biggie.

It can't be said to many times, please watch your breaking points on the first turn after start and be careful to avoid unneccesary pile ups :)

Thanks to Tracy for hosting, was good practise for saturdays race :)

It was fun and frustrating for my first club race...got pushed off in turn 1, but creeped my way back to 2nd, and held it for a little while until my "spins" started happening, haha. I must've spun 8 times that race...grrr, bad setup for me. Sorry to ModestMAtt (I think it was him), he was lapping me and I lost traction in corner 5, so I just moved to the right side and let off the gas so he could go by, well I guess he was already going by on the right and ran into me....Apologies for that.

Look forward to the next race and hopefully I can do better than 5th!

i got pole with a late 1:26 on primes!! :banana:

Matt I was actually wondering what the hell happened??? because i rem you also started on primes if my memory serves me right,,, i always have a quick look behind before the start. Then i passed you while you were in the pits i thought "" jeees he is pitting very early his setup must have destroyed his tyres" sorry to hear ya got a drive through, i would also like too see what happened there:confused:. Most likely ruined a good race for sure as it seemed a little bit stale after maybe 4 laps.

Its a pity guys destroy there cars to just pack it in,,, as i think albert park is a hard place to destroy your car unless you realy want too of course... but of course im just speculating here anyways thanks for the racing guys. Melbourne is one of my favourite tracks so i was delighted with the win.:D

I hope we can race together again,, the outcome will surely be different,, But thats racing,,, bring it on :thumbup:

Qualy was okay, did a 1:14.2xx on primes (as allways), probably if the track temp would have been higher I coulh have done a 1:13.7xx, but in 3rd on the grid is not bad.

Race start was good, could easily maintain my position till Musaf came bumping in. could hardly keep my car on track and into the second corner. To be save cut the grass in the 3/4 chicane, stayed behind musaf to keep my car in one piece, but the gap to the front runners was already growing. Braking into the hairpin, musaf forgot that the car was heavy and went into the distance, I took my 3rd place back. Than I had a fun fight with Jan, which was fun. Were you on primes too? After some time the gap became bigger to him and the lonely race started. The gap to me and maddy stayed pretty much the same. On lap 23 or so, went in for options, but somehow I cannot drive on those, seems like they have less grip than the primes. Could close the gap till Draco till 2.7 seconds, but made many small mistakes and the gap grew till around 6 seconds. It was a lonely race, besides the first couple of laps. From lap 2 it was clean too.

Thanx guys! Will post my vids l8r! :)

To Bill: come to the Williams pit, the bubble bottles are in my car. :D

You put in a 1:24 in qually before youre ps3 hung up,,, i was thinking WTF this dude is fast as hell. Pitty you werent in the race mate, Hopefully the next time for sure. By the way where the heck did ya pull that laptime from???

And why thank you for the congrats:D Hope to race soon,, Nikola
kola

dirtydave, I have to say that it was very nasty what you did on exit from the harpin on lap 29
until that moment I thought we gonna have nice and CLEAN battle,
you smashed me like a tank, my car jumped and spined..
after that I was driving 3-5sec behind you for about 3 laps and when I realised that you are not going to give the position back to me I was just hoping for you to have a close meeting whit the wall

and yes :tongue: 32nd lap last chicane I can see dirtydave kissing the pit wall - very nice
I got my position back :cool:

I have to add that in the first stint of the race you weren't defending clean
after one of your mistakes I was going to pass you but you started to change your racing line
which you can only do once when defending position, I lifted then because I wanted to finish the race not hit you

Anyway, congratulations to the winner and podium finishers
and thanks for nice'n'clean racing to the rest of the pack

@ Stefan: No, I almost always start on primes but this race I did qualy on options, I have a modified setup so I wanted to try starting the race with options for once :)
But I can agree with you that for some strange reason I did better lap times after my pitstop for primes, of course the car is lighter by then but not so much, pitted on lap 14, actually did my best laps midrace...

Yes, nice racing, was doing my best to stay with you and I did for a while but I could not quite keep up with your pace...but it was fun racing anyway :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back