Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Bill, like I said it was a misunderstanding. I was too much concentrating on Tracy's back, thinking he would let me pass on the straight, but decided to do that in the chicane(?). My only option was to avoid him going left (had too much speed). I was never able to see him coming from the right. It was avoidable? Well I paid for it..... Now the team needs to build a whole new car... Hopefully they have it done before next league race :D

Edit:
Nice first vid, with the start it seems you gave room to me and Nick and there was no contact. What I always say: in every cockpit it looks and feels different. :D

I can't seem to load the seconds vid?? Will try it later again.

Stefan, thanks for looking at my vid and the 1st corner incident from my cockpit. You can see why i knew nothing about it. I was positive i kept a clean sraight line, turned in and hit the apex. You guys had to turn in a second before me because you were on the outside and i guess there was a (very) slight touch somewhere amongst the 3 of us, enough to send you to the kitty litter at 300kmh. It's unbelievable that Nick was there too! I'd love to see some footage of it from just behind. lol. Anyone got that ??

check out my blogpage "mysticviibrosis.blogspot.com" i've got race preview and reviews and sometimes i'll throw setups on there to help peeps out if they need them. like all things you dnt have to look it just sumthin im playin about with atm. cheers

Kyle and other interested parties.
Race Department is all about clean racing. I am a driver who has personally been frustrated and inconvenienced by the rules and administration thereof within your series.
Kyle I understand that you have put a lot of work into running your series. I hope it can be reinstated somehow but there are in my view currently two main problems with your series being on Race Department.
1) The Rules are not compatible. Particularly you do not endorse or apply Rule #3
If you hit another driver during a casual club race and disadvantage him, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. If this costs you many places (eg first few laps) then consider this a penalty for your driving infringement. Doing this shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.

You make this very clear in your post of 31/5/2011. The impact of this decision is that drivers including yourself are not incentivised to drive safely and cleanly. This can and has impacted on the enjoyment of other racers. You need to carefully read this rule and understand it before saying “I write my own rules”.
2) The administration and dealing with protests is not objective nor does it follow a fair process. In the case of the German GP protest you gave your version and then asked other drivers for their decisions before allowing the protesting driver (who had out of courtesy PM’d you) to give their version. You subsequently made autocratic interpretations and decisions that suit yourself rather than being based on the appropriate rules and facts. Your power to interpret rules as you wish such as “slightly late braking” that causes an accident and punts someone off from P1 does not count if its unintentional, is bizarre and unenforceable. You need a process that is fair and based on the right rules if you are to run a championship series. Individual club races are another matter.

In closing: We are all accountable, if you treat this series as if it’s being run in your own living room and choose not to offer drivers who put in hours each week into the races with a fair set of rules and fair process it does not belong as a Race Department series. It would then be Kyles Race series and promoted and administered elsewhere. RD are not asking you to do anything unreasonable to fall into line with their requirements. Kyle you need to be reasonable. If you do adopt the tried and proven rules of RD and provide an effective and fair procedure for dealing with “stewards enquiries” then I would support your series. If not I would not.
David O'Reilly
FigjamRACER

Bill, like I said it was a misunderstanding. I was too much concentrating on Tracy's back, thinking he would let me pass on the straight, but decided to do that in the chicane(?). My only option was to avoid him going left (had too much speed). I was never able to see him coming from the right. It was avoidable? Well I paid for it..... Now the team needs to build a whole new car... Hopefully they have it done before next league race :D

Edit:
Nice first vid, with the start it seems you gave room to me and Nick and there was no contact. What I always say: in every cockpit it looks and feels different. :D

I can't seem to load the seconds vid?? Will try it later again.

Hey Stefan, are you suggesting that anything I did caused this " misunderstanding " ? I know from my view there was no problem understanding what happened.

Hey Stefan, are you suggesting that anything I did caused this " misunderstanding " ? I know from my view there was no problem understanding what happened.

No Tracy, that is not what I mean, as I said I thought you would let me pass on the staright as I was about to lap you, I came with too much speed into the chicane and the only way to avoid you was going left, as you had a lower speed than I exspected. I thought that this was the point you wanted me to pass. That was the misunderstanding ofcourse from my point of view. Iam not mad at anyone only at myself. And I am really sorry if I messed up your race.
As I can't look to the right I never saw you coming and I am sure you could see me coming on track again looking at the angle of impact.
I am sorry if I can't explain it in proper english as I am native dutch.....

How are people getting on at Monaco?
I was feeling like my car was taking its Virgin team too literally and we were getting v/slow lap times.
Had a quick practice/setup session last night and got down from 1.21.5 to 1.18.2.
How far off the a league guys are we?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back