Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

Yeah I heard what happened to yours.
Look, if anyone is about to close this, can you hear me out.
A: A club, is not one race, a club is a group of guys who meet, now our meeting is F1, this is where we set it up, it may be a championship, but it's a club championship, same with Rob Butler's.
B: This was setup long before Race Department had Leagues for PS3.
C: This and Rob Butlers championship determins, the top 8 in group 1 of the PS3 RDF1C

Btw, will the ps3 league be held on F1 2010 or F1 2011? Cos this champ finishes just before F1 2011 comes out...

I dunno, look Oli setting up the league,
I just did all the negotiations to get it started, no offence Oli if you read this, if it wasn't for me the league would still be a dream, because I did the messaging, I know you did but I got the right guys.
Oli is the man with plan

I made a 3rd party website just to hold details on it, simply a free guild website, its not like its a website which is in any competition to RD and i made the website before posting the thread, also i made sure to direct players to the website if they wished to check up on the latest standings and race results, instead of having to do it all on RD and create tons of posts, i figured it would be more convenient to hold it all on there, Jack Evans did the same thing with his racing league.

It seems after 14 weeks of doing my championship, which a lot of drivers have praised, moderators only just realized it was breaching rules and suddenly closed the thread, there was no discussion with me and other drivers it was just suddenly stopped, which to me is greatly upsetting to the F1 Racing club community, Xbox players specially, as before i arrived here there was no xbox races going on at all for F1 2010, with my championship kicking off like it did, other racers decided to make their own, but instead of getting praised for my efforts to bring more racers to Race Department, i get this... :(

Also may i note that not every single player who races in my Championship is able to go online to check Race Department or my website, some of them can get online but simply choose not to become apart of Race Department, therefore my rules for my championship was set in place to cater not just to the racers from here, but other racers i had met online and befriended, it would not be fair to use the vague rules set by Race Department for F1 2010 as too many could essentially cheat and use exploits in the game, something which could kill the balance of races and nothing could be done about it.

I know, and to be honest, Bram or whoever made the racing club page, don't wanna get banned or anything but, if someone told that there would be a club for F1, I would think championships, and lets be honest your championship was a club really, so is mine and Rob Butler, whoever else started one, they are the proper clubs, because Clubs is a group of guys who meet often (on f1 and RD) and race, and ours is a championship club

The racing club forums are not for championships Kyle. Its for casual fun without the pressure of scoring points.

Here is perfectly described how club events should be run; http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-racing-club/43044-how-setup-your-own-custom-club-races.html

Its mainly because of the lack of RD rules that we have decided to close it down for now (feel free to adjust it though) as it was causing a lot of controversy amoungst the members (got too many pm's about the subject lately)

Feel free to drop me a pm

If this is the case, then i am sorry but i will be having to host my championship on my own website, i feel sorry for the drivers of these championships as it was very convenient for all of us here to use Race Department as a gathering place to discuss races and essentially have our own clubs within the racing club.

If and when Race Department ever decides to solve the issues which have been brought up and allow championships to be held here.. on what is supposed to be a Racing Club, then i may bring my championship back here, however it seems that this racing club will not head in that direction, as players simply cannot read and realize they need to talk to the person who arranges the races every week about any problems and not the RD staff.

From how i see it, there are two different kinds of drivers, you have one kind who want casual races every now and then when they feel like it, then you have the competitive drivers like myself who like clean racing every week in a championship, which eliminates the option of doing races online against drivers who just like to smash and bash and have no care for rules.

This is a sad day for me and my championship, we almost had 10000 views on my thread, we had a lot of fun times and if you actually read through it all, you could see just how much joy it brought to the racing club.

For my drivers who are a part of F1 Reality, we will be keeping it real, we will carry this on until the end, it will all be arranged on my website from this point forward, i will make a thread exclusively for talking about the Championship and setting up races, i am sorry if this has become an inconvenience to you, i know it is a big inconvenience to me, but i have your xbox gamertags and if you need to know the website address, please send me a message on xbox live and ill send you it.

I guess i have no good reason to visit Race Department every day now, goodbye :(

I dont really understand the confusion guys. The rules are pretty easy and straight forward.

The club section at RD is for members to setup casual events to race for fun without the pressure of being in a league with points, tables and tight regulations.

As you can see we already have a league section here: http://www.racedepartment.com/f1-2010-leagues/

If we can assist leagues with a forum there then please drop me a pm.

Back to the clubs and the decision to lock a few championship threads:
- championship involve points and therefore are not suited for the club
- some leagues allowed non-licensed members and as this is the core of our whole clean driving policy
- conflicting rules. We have a simple basic set of rules that we have used for years with success and can be easily adopted by other leagues that wnat to run their show at RD.

Once again please drop me a pm if we can assist you with supporting your league!

lol Justin, wow i can't believe company's do bandwidth limit, i consider myself lucky, 50Meg download unlimited Bandwidth 4Meg upload speed :p.

you need to limit them m8, you're the boss you pay the bills haha.

does this race start at 18:30GMT or 19:30 BST? i remember last time he said this time and it was infact 19:30 BST.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back