Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

well considering the fact im in 3 at this point another one might not be possible, plus id much rather just work on the league system, whether we have the other guys help or not. its not that hard to run. if we dont have their backing i say we just run it anyway lol

Ollie I didn't stall lol, I got lag start again. Getting sick of it now as it only seems to happen in my league races.

Race;
Ended up last from the lag, took quite a few places in the 1st lap but had to do a lot of weaving and avoiding. Running about 11 secs down on Ollie I was gaining time back for a few laps then the times started getting more equal. Pitted onto primes around lap 9. Started raining lap 12/13 but grip still felt ok So I stayed out and my position on the leaderboard changes to 1st but I didn't overtake Ollie (dunno if he pitted) I pitted in around lap 18/19 for inters but I accidentally changed the car view and lost around 30/40 secs trying to find the right button lol. I was in showing up in 3rd after i got started again and the inters were dreadful for the first 3 laps and I had a couple of spins. my position changed again on the leaderboard from 3rd to 5th when I finished but no 1 else overtook me. Really glitch up race for me ( cnt wait for f1 2011 )

My race engineer told me "Dan is faster then you" ;)

Haha, well like I said that was very nice of you, but you prob should have claimed you had a radio fault! :) Actually I really wouldn't have minded if you hadn't let me past because like I said I'm here to have fun and race against other likeminded drivers rather than any ambition of being the "best" in a virtual race. My head was going into overdrive thinking "right I'm faster than him, but where the heck am I going to overtake??". But once again thanks for letting me past - was a class act.

Actually Derek, what happened to you in the early part of the race? Due to my crap driving I got a bit behind. If I remember this right just before I pitted you were 17s ahead and Scott was 12s ahead. Then a lap later you were both 12s ahead. So I figured you'd had a little mistake and Scott was right up on you. Then I had my pit first onto hard tyres, and the car came alive (something about my driving style or skill at monaco makes me very slow on yellow options). A lap later Scott came out and I think he was just 4s ahead of me at this point with you still in the lead. Then a couple laps later you were 30s behind me. That meant you must have lost a minute - basically a whole lap. What happened?

Kyle has put his version of the incident at turn 2 lap one.
In the interest of balance I will now post my protest which I did PM Kyle with.
Kyle
With respect I have to protest at the incident at turn 2 lap 1. I will give you some details to consider.
Background
OK it is a club race and I am only a reserve driver.
But:
-it is held within the Race Department rules
-it is being run as a championship series.
-I have begun to earn significant points and have put significant effort into bringing my performances up a notch. On Saturday I spent 90 minutes on setup alone and saved a dry and wet setup for this race.

Due to my good wet setup and practice I managed P2 in quali. This dictated my race strategy. Deciding to go for a two stop: Options-Primes-Options. I needed to use the options in stint one to get best possible track position for stop 2 to allow me to race the last third of the race for a realistic P3 and my first podium in your series.

As we sat on the grid my famous last words were “guys remember the fuel load”.
I passed the pole sitter in turn 1 with a clean pass as he ran wide on full fuel and saw clear air ahead.

The event
At lap 1 turn 2 I was hit hard from behind by neild1963, was spun onto the grass from the lead and rejoined in I think P5 and +10sec or so.

The impact on my race
My strategy was blown. I was forced to consume my options simply regaining contact with the leaders and was on the back foot strategically from then. I was too far from the lead to two stop and pitted for primes at about lap 18.
I had enough pace and a good enough line to cause the first two place getters neild1963 and Dutch FLC to spend several laps trying to find a way through. Had I been in P1 doing this and then had options for the last 20 laps the race would have had a different outcome for me. Some other cars may not have managed to pass me at all. As it was Dutch FLC did not pass me until about lap 33 when I was on primes. In the closing laps on worn primes I was also passed by 3rd My3Leggedcat and 4TH MONSTER GEE. The three of us were within around 15 sec or so at the finish.
Kyle with a clean race I believe that yourself would have passed me in within the first 10 laps. DutchFLC would have certainly not have caught me until later than lap 33 and I would have then pitted for options from 3rd place.

I feel aggrieved due to this.

The relevant rule is Rule 1 under Basic Racing Rules.
If you hit another driver during a club race and disadvantage him, we expect you to stop and let the other driver regain his position on you. This shows respect to your fellow drivers and will encourage drivers to be more careful. Please use some care when letting the other driver regain position, do not immediately stop your car on the driving line where it can cause further accidents.”

This was not adhered to. I know that you served a drive through that the game generated. This disadvantage was overcome by you for the race win. It did not help me at all. It does not overcome the impact of the carelessness. If Rule 1 was followed/enforced it would mean that people will be more careful as their own race would be more significantly adversely affected. I guess that's why its there.
I did make mention at the moment of the incident and your response at that moment was
“I'm not used to having people in front of me like that”. Not much of an apology really.

Decision Time
I appreciate the opportunity to be a reserve driver and demonstrate this by driving cleanly, showing respect to all and by treating your championship with the respect of thorough preparation.
This is one of those challenging moments when a man is asked to wear two different hats.
You have shown yourself to be a good organiser and a fast racer. This challenge is to see if you can show the impartiality and character of a good leader. I am asking you to take an impartial view of the events and deal with it as though you were not one of the parties involved. The other option open to you is to appoint an impartial adjudicator who will take a look at both our versions of the incident.

Again with respect.

David O'Reilly
FigjamRACER.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back