Status
Not open for further replies.

Bram Hengeveld

Website Founder
OverTake
Premium
f1fun.jpg

Game: F1 2010 - The Game by Codemasters. Click here to buy it directly from Steam
Class: Formula 1
Track:
Various Tracks (Ralf Eiden Style = random selection)
Weather:
Dry
Opens: 19:00 GMT
Ends: Do we?
Password & Rules: click here

you were even wishing me bad luck here!!! lool

Quali

Got a penalty for causeing an accident going into rascasse i was backing up cause Lee was backing up also but hey these things happen, just look at GP2 quali this year lol, decided to stay out on primes and see if i could move up but was 9th or something so i started 11th.

Race

That was interesting still had my very pointy dry setup on, off the start was cautious ended up behing some carnage and cause there was yellow flags around the whole track i couldnt pass the damaged cars, they pitted and i was something like 15 seconds down, got lapped when serving a corner cutting penalty, had a couple of battles but then decided to let them through, was maybe the second one to pit for options and proceeded to take 3 seconds a lap out of the cars in front, got up to second with pitstops, then went with at the hairpin and romano drove underneath my car to pass loool got a message from darren to crash so decided to cruise to the finish for another podium.

that was the hardest race ive had in a championship thus far lol and hey in robs race i crash when leading in the dry, and in darrens i finish third in the wet lool

Just watched how I took myself out, I was looking back and as soon as I look forward BANG, so I couldn't do anytihng about that except not looked back.
Suprised how there are no complaints, just gotta know, HOW WAS OLI DQ'd
Mark Edwards/ak-47SKUNK sorry, because there was a full lobby so you couldn't get in

Very chuffed with that win, and I only had one pitstop. Great work from everyone moving out the way, I didn't have any contact at all from anyone. Quali I could only get a scruffy lap in because indreksans car was for some strange reason parked at turn 1 even tho he had crashed out so I kept hitting it, another strange thing I haven't noticed before is that I picked up some debre and it span me out lol. I ran on cruise at the start and had Romano all over me for the first few laps, I left cruise on until lap 13 then turned it to fast and was pretty much testing the limits all the way so Iam really glad to have survived. Also well done to the other 5 guys for finishing

Quali:
I did two runs, and ended up setting a reasonable time of 1:17.2s (I think) which was good enough for 5th place, so not bad. :)

Race:
Cringed when I saw it was heavy rain, but got a great start nonetheless. Was side-by-side with P3+P4 going into sainte devote, then outbraked them and managed to get upto 2nd with the Lotus going crazy and ghosting out and smashing the place up :s Then was running on fast for a few laps, but couldn't find a way past Lee so decided to shove cruise on and let Lee go after about 4 or 5 laps. Then I went and locked up going into Mirebeau i think and lost my whole front wing! :/ So I pitted and about 3 laps later lost my wing again and I think by lap 9 I had pitted twice for news wings!! Then had a quiet 20 laps or so, but was running with orange damage to my wing so was slightly compromised. Saw the drying like appear around lap 29, so decided I would pit quite soon and took the plunge on lap 32 - just enough time for me to get full life out of my new options! Came out the pits just behind Jamie I think and on lap 34 I accidently spun him going into the chicane (oops). I let him back past tho and eventually re-caught up to him on lap 38 after he made a mistake throught rascasse and i cut under him to take 2nd place and coast to my maiden podium!

Great racing guys, and well done to those who finished! :p

Holy crap, I managed to get to the end without totally wrecking my car, and it only took 4 pitstops (meaning 4 frontwings) :rolleyes: to do it. Frapsed the whole thing, will check it tomorrow and see if there is anything interesting to edit and upload.

Good job to you all, I don't think I got in anyones way, but if I did I'm sorry, tried to do the race as safely as possible...:)

Good race everybody, I hope you all had fun! It looks like there was a lot of typical Monaco messiness, but that being said it seemed to be a very fair and clean race, as far as I saw, although unfortunately Dan wrecked his car halfway through, and something must have happened to Christian near the end of the race to put him out.

I'm very relieved... qualy was nervous, but once again I found times better than in GP mode, and I managed pole. For once I had no trouble off the start of the race, I got around the first corner clean in the lead! And then tipsy-toed around the next few corners. I really didn't want to stuff it into the barriers right away. All seemed well, until a few laps in I spun suddenly and nosed into the wall of Rascasse. Just had enough time to get on track before Scott descended on my gearbox. Kept him behind until the hairpin, where I made another unusual mistake, just oversteering into the wall, causing the Renault to run into me, but I held the line into the next corner. I hope it didn't damage his wing, because it wasn't his fault; he seemed to fall back after that.

The rest of the race was trying not to make any serious mistakes. I passed a few cars, and I have to complement each of them for doing an excellent job of moving off the racing line. Great clean driving, guys!

I did not have a perfect race myself... I touched the barriers many times unnecessarily, but as far as I recall the only other mistake that really cost me was when I knocked my wing off and had to take a second pit stop to fix it. It had started to rain a little, so I thought to put options back on (I was on primes) in anticipation of having to pit again soon for inters. But the team didn't listen, they chose to put primes on, and it turned out to be the right choice because the rain stopped. Good strategy, team!

Then I spun out on the final straight swerving side to side in celebration... I'd rather forget about that. :p

Do you really need complete race footage? Can I edit out the last lap? :(

Congratz on the podium finishers! Very well done Dario and also a first win for Andrew ;) Awesome quali lap by you Romain!

My race was just a total mess. Quali didn't go too well...should have been able to plant my car in between Romain and Andrew, judging my practice laps. But third wasn't too bad either I guess. Start was a bit quicker off the line then Andrew and went a bit side by side through the first corner with Andrew, riding the curbs, but then Andrew spun into me, and I figured I would ease off and he would straighten his car out, but unfortunately it seemed he did crash into the wall a little and that lost me part of my front wing and back in last place. Then another spin in the first corner of sector two but was quickly back behind the others. I think some of them were battling it out and got penalties or something, as two went in quite early, giving me clear space. Eventually I moved up into third and was lapping quite a bit behind Romain and Andrew. But then Andrew made a big mistake somewhere and the gap went smaller, but still over 6sec. Gap gradually increased to about 9sec and the gap to Romain stayed around 21sec. Then on my last option tire lap I locked up into the first corner and took off whole my wing. Lost me a huge amount of time doing a whole lap with no wing and to make things worse, braking while coming out of the tunnel the car just locked up and I went straight...cutting the chicane which gave me a bloody penalty. Came into the pits for a new wing and tires. Next lap came in for my drive through. I don't know exactly when, but later on I also seemed to be going to crash into the barrier of turn 1 again so I went left onto the escape route and managed to avoid any damage (James had front row seats on that show I believe :p). Did cost me another load of time though. Also remember being behind Rob for a while and he spun in the first corner of sector 2 which made me spin too. Then a few corners later it seemed he let me past. Don't really know why, but I will take gifts when I get them. Then I remember fighting it out with Dario for a long time...but couldn't find a way past. Also clipped part of my left wing in sector 3 while chasing him (lack of concentration on my part). Even spun one time in the supertight lefthander after it seemed he suddenly slowed down right in front of me after that corner. Just bad luck for me. Then I lost the connection with him and was being hunted by Rob again on his option tires I presume. Had to let Romain past but not soon after went past him again as he damaged his wing I believe. Even damaged more of my front wing in the last couple of laps (went orange) and had to let Andrew past. Wasn't a very good spot to let him past...luckily he got past without any incident as I wanted to close the door again to Rob, who was just behind him. Rob must have been very frustrated not being able to get past me...as I was when I was stuck behind Dario. It's just so hard to pass here with a clean move. Even one time almost lost it while Rob was right behind and he probably had to lift off or something as he lost time too. Sorry mate! In the end came very close to Dario again but the race was over. Thank god for that! Awful performance and one to forget real quick. I guess I could have fought with Romain a bit as he was also on options if all had gone well, but Andrew was on the primes and very quick...so wouldn't have been able to beat him under normal circumstances anyway. Would have been kind of satisfied with third, but ended up fourth. Not happy.

..... what can I say..... this was really not my night.....

First the qualy, had soem traffic, made mistakes myself and trashed my car, screen pop up where you normally can select quit or standings. I couldn't select standings, so choose quit as that was the only available option....bang!!!! I am out of the race....... My blood started boiling: Why does this happen to me??.... Had some massages from a couple of guys. Hadadi askes what happened and I explained it to him, he askes: Restart? I told him I wanted to race, but didn't ask for a restart as others might have other plans. So hopefully there is no misunderstanding that I asked for it. :( Feel kinda bad about it. Anyway, before I was on my way to shut down my PC A pop up came up "Zomacher wan't to play!" I took the change.

Was this time more carefull during my qualifying run on primes. Came in 5th.
Race start was clean and no contact with anyone. Passed a few drivers as they span. After a couple of laps I was in 3rd behind HawkEar, On my primes I could keep up his pace nicely. In lap13 or so he went in for primes, and I was 2nd behind Italian and I was closing the gap to him till 3 seconds on lap 26 where I made my only mistake. which I span into the same spot Perez crashed today. Lost 8 seconds and had to go to the pit a lap earlier than planned, which mend that I had to drive a lap longer on options. But after my crash I couldn't return to my old pace. After the pitstop, I came back on track 5 seconds behind Hawkear in 3rd. Could close the gap till about 1,8 second on the last lap, but almost spun again which I gave up, no way I could catch him the last few corners.

I am on the podium, but not really happy about it as the restart caused anyone to get on trouble... Sorry again guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

What do you wear when racing?

• Barefoot

Votes: 5 7.8%
  • Socks

Votes: 36 56.3%
  • Flip flops

Votes: 2 3.1%
  • Shoes

Votes: 11 17.2%