F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
I'm at a loss. I can't pick my 1440x900 resolution (highest the demo goes to is 1280x1024), and the steering is super slow on my DFGT no matter which lock I put on the profiler (I have Vsync on already, or so the game says).

To top it off, I seem to have some kind of input lag, as I can't take the Ascari corners properly, the game seems to react late. So, yeah, physics look great, this year driving without assists actually seems driveable without doing weird things, but I just can't seem to get anything useful out of the demo :/

Well, I was finally able to play the demo.
It all looks great, the only terrible thing is the steering :mad:
I have a Logitech DFGT@PC, tried my 2011 settings & several 2012 settings I found here and at the CM forums, but the problem is always the same:
On high speed straights it's nearly impossible to apply small corrections, the car sweeps over the whole track at the slightest wheel touch.
As for the corners, it's either complete understeer or cutting the corner because the turn-in is very strong and direct.
Yes, I am driving without any aids.
I played around with saturation & linearity settings but I wasn't able to get rid of this behavior :(

Another thing: Is it possible to spin because you hit the throttle too early? The only spins I was able to produce were due to hitting the curbs...

Well, i've been waiting for the demo for quite a time in the past couple of days, and i've been fairly excited. Now, from my point of view, its a very good looking, and very good driving style upgrade since '11. I also like the new features driving tests for young (or whatever it was called),BUT, yes a big BUT, whats with the steering ? i have some shitty racing wheel - SpeedLink, wich i bought 8 years ago for playing nfs when i was a kid, and recently i found it in some corner of my room and i've made quite a modifications to it to bring it to driveable state. And its been perfect on 2011, so far i drove 3 seasons on it and i like it. However, on 2012, its completely out of control, even though i set Steering Linearity to 0, its still way too sensitive on straight lines , im just very disapointed about this, and hopefully in the final release ,something will be changed about this(even though i doubt it). Any suggestions about fixing this issue are highly appreciated.

Can anyone tell me, how to change to full screen? I downloaded the demo and at the beginning it was in full screen, since i clicked on Esc button it changed to window mode and now i can't return to full screen...Any suggestions?

I have had a crack at the demo on Xbox with a controller and whilst a lot of people are complaining about the sensitivity of the steering, I don't mind it too much however it took a few laps to get a feel for it. Also I'm not sure if it is a setup thing or not but driving with no traction with a controller seems a lot more manageable now this time around.

Graphically the game looks a lot better than last year which is nice to see. I'm temporarily working off a 14" SD TV and it still looked rather impressive on it. I also like the Young Driver Test feature, it's a great thing to help you get up to speed with the game.

Overall I'm very excited for this and will get this hopefully around release day :thumbsup:

Good looking with very nice sounds, interesting car behaviour with live tail under braking (should be better in the full game) but messed up steering.Had to fight for 30 min to make the car 50% drivable.. (logitech game pad, tested on PC).I hated the behaviour of KERS also..press the button and its like you have 1500 bhp:roflmao:

Hello, i don´t have much time to read many articles, so don´t hate me if it is there. Do you think that understeer is a bug and will be fixed? or I can not drive?

thank you and sorry for my english. If you don´t understand me write it down and i try to re-write

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 208 24.9%
  • Full game

Votes: 206 24.6%
  • CPU

Votes: 94 11.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 147 17.6%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 93 11.1%