F1 2012 F1 2012 Demo

F1 2012 The Game (Codemasters)
It seems that Ryans CTF editor can change the car ctf files and saves ok. Game boots but not tried to race it yet. I thought this was going to be blocked so that players cant go online with boosted car stats like lowered mass and increased engine power :(

EDIT: It seems that the default CTF file can be modded but the editor doesnt like the actual track ctf file. The one that will effect the car on the Monza track playable in the demo. Thats a relief.
Well until Ryan updates his editor then i guess online play will be hampered with leader board cheaters if that happens.
Whilst i love the facility for modding like new seasons and better AI it is a shame that flies can be modded that will affect online play. I refused to play 2011 online due to the cheaters i experienced with 2010 and hearing that nothing was being done with GFWL cheat checking. I hope Codies do more to recognise the need for file checking for online play.

Someone playing with XBOX 360 controller? I need some settings tips, because I think the handling with xbox controller is a little bit difficult, or am I wrong? :confused:
Maybe I'm alone here but apart from the very sensitive feel particularly in a straight line and the understeering feel to the cars, I'm happy with the handling on the controller. I haven't done anything different apart from change the buttons for the gear shift to make it more to what I've used before but that's it. It even feels more forgiving with no assists which for me is nice since I just work off a standard controller

I just did some laps at Abu Dhabi and I can only say - WAW!

Oh and I know it's just a demo but 50-60 FPS on 1920x1080, 8AA and Ultra details o_O WAW! Over 40 with recording o_O WAW! I had 40 on F1 2011 with 2AA! It really looks like the game is PC optimized!

Same for me Victor.

The 'automatic' graphics selection placed everything on high, so I thought 'I wonder what I'll get on Ultra?', and like you I am up in the 70 - 80 area with little drop off when recording.

Shame they rid of the benchmark function, unless it is just because it's a demo

My f1 2012 demo is only portuguese too. I was using steam in Turkish language, now i select English and downloading again. I hope it will be English this time. I am going to write the result in here.

edit: the game is again portuguese. bulls***

Worst wheel support I have ever seen. Have G27, have read all suggestions about settings and still have horrible FFB. Can't feel the road the wheel looses all FFB at corners then spikes all over the place, not to mentioned that it feels so arcadish. Could go on but will stop here. Maybe feels better on XBox with MC wheel? If you enjoy it, hey! fantastic have fun. Just my opinion ok. Going back to GSC.

I have had one or two of those spikes, and I used to get them quite regularly in F1 2011. (G27)

There were a few tracks where I would be screaming down a long straight, then the wheel starts jolting for no apparent reason. You might get one severe jolt, or a few in succession, almost like you've hit a rock.

I really don't know what it is, a FFB over-reaction to a small bump on the track, who knows? I have never had in GSC, so I guess that rules out the wheel itself, not that I have played much GSC lately ..... I keep meaning to

Yeah I get the wheel problems too, especially in the Young Driver bullcrap. 2011 was a let down for me because of the wheel ffb problem, and now on the demo it's creeping up again. What's up with CM? I would expect it to be bulletproof this time around. I mean how much money does Reiza have compared to CM and they don't have this problem. I'll be waiting some time before buying this game.

Latest News

What is your next sim related purchase

• DLC

Votes: 167 25.5%
  • Full game

Votes: 164 25.1%
  • CPU

Votes: 80 12.2%
  • Graphics card

Votes: 121 18.5%
  • Other PC related hardware

Votes: 73 11.2%