Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to make a dash display but cant find and diagrams or how to's for what Im wanting.
What I have are:
1 Tm1638
2 Nano's
2 Max7219 8 seg display
1 WS2812 RGB LED Board Module with Full Color Drive

Wanting to throw these into a box., any links for this?
Ive seen a few vids using the exact parts I listed but cant find anything showing how to wire it up together.

Ive seen the vids by AMStudio and such but what I couldnt find anywhere is how much of my parts can connect to 1 Nano or will I need several of the Nano's?
And if I can connect all to 1 nano, how exactly?
Any wiring diagrams?

Hi ! Yes you can connect everything on a single nano,
Obviously it would be impossible to give specific instructions for every single combinations possible as simbub supports many components
You will find the general arduino setup tool documentation and specific modules instructions in the documentation : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki#arduino-support

The setup tool makes configuring everything together quite easy :
upload_2019-1-16_21-56-52.png

About the WS2812 matrix, support is still experimental in simhub (but result is not satisfying, mostly about readability) so feature is still really basic (gear indicator only for experimentation purposes) and it may change or be removed at any time, that's why you won't find it in the documentation.

Last edited:
Hi,
I wanted to make my own dashbard with a nextion.
Is it possible to transfer a simhub dashboard to the nextion software ?
Thanks you
Hi ! Sadly no, i fighted hard with itead (the manufacturer) to open some doors to do it but they refused it. So now the only way to create a dash is to use the nextion editor.
I've made a guide for template creations : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Template-creation-using-mapping-editor, i've also put some videos inside it for the key steps.

Many thanks for excellent support!!
Well i think i will try 4,3" Nextion again, really want to avoid the hdmi connection.
But i have one more last question:) (similar to Rabidscoobie but different).
I got Nextions working via usb ttl modules, but now i would love to add ws2812 leds, it it possible to connect both LEDs and Nextion via one Arduino? (Got Nano V3 which i´ve been sucesfully testing with ws2812).
Been looking to Sketch Setup, but can not find Nextion there..
Thank you one more time:)

Excellent that´s very similar to what i´m planning:)
Just confused about wiring a little - can i just "split" the "shared" acc and gnd wires between nextion and leds?:)

hi......i use a arduino nano.......but the software see like leonardo.....but when i load a scketch there is a error...tks again for help

Attachments

• com.jpg
    com.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 159
  • error.jpg
    error.jpg
    219.9 KB · Views: 174
Last edited:
hi......i use a arduino nano.......but the software see like leonardo.....but when i load a scketch there is a error...tks again for help
Hi ! are you sure it's a nano ? If it's really a nano , try to delete the serial port in the device manager then unplug it and plug it back to let windows reinstall the correct drivers, sometimes windows mess up strangely with serial port when you play a lot with it , a little computer reboot may help too.
Be cautious the error you are showing shows me you are trying to upload as an arduino micro (not a nano)

Hi ! are you sure it's a nano ? If it's really a nano , try to delete the serial port in the device manager then unplug it and plug it back to let windows reinstall the correct drivers, sometimes windows mess up strangely with serial port when you play a lot with it , a little computer reboot may help too.
Be cautious the error you are showing shows me you are trying to upload as an arduino micro (not a nano)

sorry is pro micro

hi again :)

ok I got the new ch340g usb TTL and it picked up the nextion straight away..i smashed the old one with a hammer..but im still not getting any info to it ingame,i can at least swap the screens now tho lol

sorry is pro micro
Ah ok it was a little confusing :D

Actually I never had reports of similar issues and never had it myself, but the error looks really legit as when programming it the serial port will disapear and a port dedicated to upload will appear instead, so error is not a no-sense at all.

I've tried to do a workaround : https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3sonytxd4hs5kn/SimhubArduinoSetup.rar?dl=0
You need to copy the exe into C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino instead of the existing one and try programming it again. If somehow it fails could you try the regular arduino ide like you did a few days ago ?

hi again :)

ok I got the new ch340g usb TTL and it picked up the nextion straight away..i smashed the old one with a hammer..but im still not getting any info to it ingame,i can at least swap the screens now tho lol
Did you change the nextion settings to let it go the the new serial port ? I guess it's a new number as windows increments it for each new device.

yes
but I noticed something in simhub im going to try now

when I use the 'edit map' button and say click on the gear profile in nextion binding editor,on the pre defined role nothing is highlighted,i changed that to 'gear' and saved the file,im going to load ac up to see if that changes anything.

yes
but I noticed something in simhub im going to try now

when I use the 'edit map' button and say click on the gear profile in nextion binding editor,on the pre defined role nothing is highlighted,i changed that to 'gear' and saved the file,im going to load ac up to see if that changes anything.
What template are you using ? If you are using some of the buttonz template pack you need to uncheck the "use editor" button and pick the correct mapping : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-a-legacy-template

yes I did use the buttonz template but that workaround I just did fixed it :)

if I uncheck editor then I have no control to change screens (in windows) using my bound button,if I check use editor I have control.

Last edited:
yes I did use the buttonz template but that workaround I just did fixed it :)

if I uncheck editor then I have no control to change screens (in windows) using my bound button,if I check use editor I have control.
It's normal, simhub has roles assigned to each pages, when you are out of game simhub will take control and keep you on the "idle" page (as defined in the template by the author).

ok soo.
if I install exactly as you say in https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-a-legacy-template
it works ingame all ok but what was throwing me was that my bound key to change screens (left ctrl) does not work on the desktop with the editor unticked so I was thinking it was borked,i uninstalled simhub and reinstalled it and did exactly as the wiki and it works all fine now in game :)

the new TTL is working perfect.

now I need a new desktop usb hub with a lot more ports on it lol

many thanks for helping this idiot out :)

Ah ok it was a little confusing :D

Actually I never had reports of similar issues and never had it myself, but the error looks really legit as when programming it the serial port will disapear and a port dedicated to upload will appear instead, so error is not a no-sense at all.

I've tried to do a workaround : https://www.dropbox.com/s/t3sonytxd4hs5kn/SimhubArduinoSetup.rar?dl=0
You need to copy the exe into C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino instead of the existing one and try programming it again. If somehow it fails could you try the regular arduino ide like you did a few days ago ?

GREAT MEN !!! WORK !!...TKS AGAIN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back