Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm trying to get a LED to light up when I turn the traction control on/off in Iracing. I'm using WS2812 LEDs. Any ideas? Thanks!
Hi ! you can do it quite similarly to the flag example available here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...s-configurations-examples#yellow-flag-example
You will just need a formula adapted to the situation, this one will return 1 when TC level is not 0 otherwise 1 ;
Code:
if([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.TCLevel] > 0 , 1, 0)

Hi ! you can do it quite similarly to the flag example available here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimH...s-configurations-examples#yellow-flag-example
You will just need a formula adapted to the situation, this one will return 1 when TC level is not 0 otherwise 1 ;
Code:
if([DataCorePlugin.GameData.NewData.TCLevel] > 0 , 1, 0)
If this dash will only be used for iRacing you can also directly access the TC switch flag via the "RawData" section of the DataCorePlugin.

Thank you for your answers! I've tried both of them but the LED stays lit all the time when I toggle the TC. I probably have done something wrong here:
Namnlös.png

Thank you for your answers! I've tried both of them but the LED stays lit all the time when I toggle the TC. I probably have done something wrong here: View attachment 286393
When you toggle TC in iRacing it doesn't change the TC Level, so that won't work for what you're trying to do. I would suggest using the RawData property instead; if you want this function to work with another sim, you can always wrap it in a nested IF statement to only use the raw data if iRacing is the active sim.

hi all
im struggling with a nextion getting it to recognise any input.

so I got the enhanced 3.5 nextion and an arduino micro
I have wired it correct
rx-tx tx-rx

i can upload and get the 5999xx dash to display,i can use touchscreen to change the screens but it will not change screen with any button bound for it.
it also wont respond ingame,it just sits at idle,no gear,rpm speed changes etc.

it may well and most likely be the loose nut behind the wheel :)

so,my micro
DSC_0516.JPG
is detected on com 16 in simhub,do I need to set the nextion to com 16 also in simhub?
if I set it to com 2 the fps display goes up to about 50 fps,if I set it to com 16 the fps counter sorta freezes.

when I opened the Arduino setup tool page I didn't see anything mentioned for the nextion,am I missing something?

hi all
im struggling with a nextion getting it to recognise any input.

so I got the enhanced 3.5 nextion and an arduino micro
I have wired it correct
rx-tx tx-rx

i can upload and get the 5999xx dash to display,i can use touchscreen to change the screens but it will not change screen with any button bound for it.
it also wont respond ingame,it just sits at idle,no gear,rpm speed changes etc.

it may well and most likely be the loose nut behind the wheel :)

so,my microView attachment 286469 is detected on com 16 in simhub,do I need to set the nextion to com 16 also in simhub?
if I set it to com 2 the fps display goes up to about 50 fps,if I set it to com 16 the fps counter sorta freezes.

when I opened the Arduino setup tool page I didn't see anything mentioned for the nextion,am I missing something?

Hi ! Actually nextion must only be configured on nextion configuration page, only led layouts settings are "stolen" from the arduino configuration.

The sketch is the one specified on the wiki page, not from the arduino setup tool. Since you can upload, I understand that you got the sketch part right otherwise it would not be possible to do it which is definitely a good point (screen, arduino and sketch are correctly working together so) ,
Could you show a screenshot of your nextion settings ?

It should look like this :
upload_2019-1-15_21-34-40.png

In a first step make sure to set leds to 0, if somehow you haven't enabled leds in the sketch data would be sent to the screen which would not like it :D

hi

I used the template from inside simhub as per the installation on the wiki (the butonz one)
I set com 16 for my ardiuno
the set com 16 for my nextion and still the same..maybe I have a broken nextion?

simhub1.png
simhub2.png

hi

I used the template from inside simhub as per the installation on the wiki (the butonz one)
I set com 16 for my ardiuno
the set com 16 for my nextion and still the same..maybe I have a broken nextion?

View attachment 286478 View attachment 286479
Ah ok ! I see :D So nextion screen configuration is ok, but you uploaded the arduino sketch instead of the nextion dedicated sketch, so the nextion plugin can't see it and can't talk to the screen. Make sure to upload the nextion dedicated sketch : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display#uploading-arduino-micro-sketch you can leave the arduino disabled (in my hardware) it won't use this feature.

im connecting the nextion thru the Arduino micro tho,wont I still need to have the Arduino enabled?

I also have one of the TTL usb dongles I could use that instead,which is better?

many thanks

im connecting the nextion thru the Arduino micro tho,wont I still need to have the Arduino enabled?

I also have one of the TTL usb dongles I could use that instead,which is better?

many thanks
Actually the sketch is made to emulate a usb ttl with a few bonus (leds + gamepad support) so you won't need to have the arduino plugin enabled .it it's really dedicated to the nextion and it's different from the arduino plugin. It's a classic confusion you are not the first :D, I really need to find a way to explain it a little better on the wiki :D

Ah that´s a shame:(
So is there any chance to use simhub with 5" or bigger displays without using the extra HDMI port?
If not what is the best hdmi display? That rapsberry?
Many thanks for feedback (and again for great software:)

ok im not sure if there is a bug or something.
unplugged Arduino micro
connected nextion 3.5 to TTL usb
followed the instructions on the left below as per the wiki
uploaded fine,i even managed to use my kb to change the screen pages altho it does seem very fussy,sometimes I have to change the port setting in simhub nextion scrren and apply many times before it shows the fps 50

in game still no response and what I also noticed is that if I start AC from the simhub app,it minimises simhub and changes the comport to com2 on the nextion screen..then I don't get any response from keyboard to change screen.

if I start AC from desktop and keep simhub alive I can still change the screen in game altho I still don't get any data.

simhub3.png

So is there any chance to use simhub with 5" or bigger displays without using the extra HDMI port?
I'm affraid above 4.3 the only viable solutions would be HDMI screens. Concerning good hdmi screens look for legit waveshare displays (there are lot of copies, which will work nicely with pi but not necessary with PC), it's a known chinese brand with good screens at various sizes including 5" ,make sure that compatibility for PC is displayed on product page : https://www.waveshare.com/5inch-hdmi-lcd-g.htm

ok im not sure if there is a bug or something.
unplugged Arduino micro
connected nextion 3.5 to TTL usb
followed the instructions on the left below as per the wiki
uploaded fine,i even managed to use my kb to change the screen pages altho it does seem very fussy,sometimes I have to change the port setting in simhub nextion scrren and apply many times before it shows the fps 50

in game still no response and what I also noticed is that if I start AC from the simhub app,it minimises simhub and changes the comport to com2 on the nextion screen..then I don't get any response from keyboard to change screen.

if I start AC from desktop and keep simhub alive I can still change the screen in game altho I still don't get any data.

View attachment 286548
I think "funky" is the word ,this serial port name followed by many garbage characters really shows that this adapter is not healthy. It seems that this usb to ttl adapter has some serious hardware issues (or maybe drivers ?)

I use the Waveshare as Wotever suggested. I'm attaching an image that shows it mounted to my TS-PC Racer, along with the virtual button box I built using SimHub:
dash_sm.jpg

I want to make a dash display but cant find and diagrams or how to's for what Im wanting.
What I have are:
1 Tm1638
2 Nano's
2 Max7219 8 seg display
1 WS2812 RGB LED Board Module with Full Color Drive

Wanting to throw these into a box., any links for this?
Ive seen a few vids using the exact parts I listed but cant find anything showing how to wire it up together.

Ive seen the vids by AMStudio and such but what I couldnt find anywhere is how much of my parts can connect to 1 Nano or will I need several of the Nano's?
And if I can connect all to 1 nano, how exactly?
Any wiring diagrams?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back