Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, I tried the overlay thing for rfactor2 yesterday. Is it possible to have the overlays in a separate window in a separate monitor connected to the pc? Or do I need to install a virtual machine emulating some supported platform (android, pi etc) and use that instead?

Hi there,

I'd like to build a dashboard which measures the time my car needs to accelerate from 100km/h up to 200km/h. Sadly I haven't got a clue how to set up such a timer.
Can anyone help me? Or maybe is there already a dash with this functionality that I wasn't able to find?

So, I tried the overlay thing for rfactor2 yesterday. Is it possible to have the overlays in a separate window in a separate monitor connected to the pc? Or do I need to install a virtual machine emulating some supported platform (android, pi etc) and use that instead?
Hi ! Yes it's totally possible,as overlays are already small windows with transparency and no borders you can show it to any monitor plugged to your computer.

hi...i need to know if this oled work...tks
https://www.amazon.it/dp/B07BY2W1TQ/ref=twister_B078KBLB6M?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

or just to have sck and sda to work?
Hi ! None of those models will work, Only the 0.96" I2C LCD is supported, but the arduino micro does not have enough memory to store the picture, only nano/uno or mega will support it (see Restrictions : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Arduino-SSD1306-0.96''-Oled-I2C#restrictions)

can anyone tell me how to launch Forza 7 through simhub

Hi ! I'm affraid there is no easy ways to start a windows store app outside from the windows shortcuts

Hi there,

I'd like to build a dashboard which measures the time my car needs to accelerate from 100km/h up to 200km/h. Sadly I haven't got a clue how to set up such a timer.
Can anyone help me? Or maybe is there already a dash with this functionality that I wasn't able to find?
Never did it or seen it, ncalc won't allow it for sure with JS it could be possible with a bit of tinkering, as Js allows to store values accross calls : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Javascript-Formula-Engine

can anyone tell me how to launch Forza 7 through simhub
thanks i didnt think it would be easy with anything microsoft

i also have a lot of problems with "shake it" as well, i have renewed arduino uno and v2 motor board, changed cables and usb ports. I am running 2 x high speed fans (4 amps each) for wind and keeping me cool as well.
I have a v2 motor board which runs 2 x vibrating motors on the pedals and have disabled the second 2 outputs.
i am using a monster 30A board to run the 2 speed fans with a 12 volt 10 amp (12 amp max) power supply with a 5volt regulator supplying power to the v2 motor board.
I am constantly getting these two problems.
1. uno constantly disconnects thus no motor until i physically disconnect the usb lead and plug it back in.
2. simhub wont save my motor setup, each time i power up i have to change the number of motors from 2 to 6. then re-setup the effects i want to use and then re-assign each motors effects again and i am ready to throw it all in the bin

hope somebody can help I used to have a lot of hair.

thanks i didnt think it would be easy with anything microsoft

i also have a lot of problems with "shake it" as well, i have renewed arduino uno and v2 motor board, changed cables and usb ports. I am running 2 x high speed fans (4 amps each) for wind and keeping me cool as well.
I have a v2 motor board which runs 2 x vibrating motors on the pedals and have disabled the second 2 outputs.
i am using a monster 30A board to run the 2 speed fans with a 12 volt 10 amp (12 amp max) power supply with a 5volt regulator supplying power to the v2 motor board.
I am constantly getting these two problems.
1. uno constantly disconnects thus no motor until i physically disconnect the usb lead and plug it back in.
2. simhub wont save my motor setup, each time i power up i have to change the number of motors from 2 to 6. then re-setup the effects i want to use and then re-assign each motors effects again and i am ready to throw it all in the bin

hope somebody can help I used to have a lot of hair.

Hi ! Concerning the motor shielv v2, it could be a little weak power supply ? I used to recommend 2 amps on the documentation, but regularly people have some adapter which does not really deliver what they are showing. I've raised the suggested adapter to 4amps a few days ago due to that to avoid any risks. It could be also parasites in this case the board manual suggest to switch to the power plug on the shield (instead of the barrel jack) and remove the power jumper, so arduino and motors will have an isolated power source and reduce parasites going back to the arduino (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino?view=all#faq-13). They also suggest to use small capacitors (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino?view=all#faq-17) in case of too much parasites.

Concerning the settings could you send me the log files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs so I can check ? Settings are saved at exit, if somehow the unstable arduino + motor shield v2 lockup the exit process it could prevent proper settings save, but log files will show that.

Hi ! Concerning the motor shielv v2, it could be a little weak power supply ? I used to recommend 2 amps on the documentation, but regularly people have some adapter which does not really deliver what they are showing. I've raised the suggested adapter to 4amps a few days ago due to that to avoid any risks. It could be also parasites in this case the board manual suggest to switch to the power plug on the shield (instead of the barrel jack) and remove the power jumper, so arduino and motors will have an isolated power source and reduce parasites going back to the arduino (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino?view=all#faq-13). They also suggest to use small capacitors (https://learn.adafruit.com/adafruit-motor-shield-v2-for-arduino?view=all#faq-17) in case of too much parasites.

Concerning the settings could you send me the log files available in C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\Logs so I can check ? Settings are saved at exit, if somehow the unstable arduino + motor shield v2 lockup the exit process it could prevent proper settings save, but log files will show that.
Thanks wotever I found one of my problems and before I answer I use a 5 amp power supply and have changed it for a 10 amp (nominal) when i added the new fans as they draw 3-4 amps each at full speed.
I only used the v2 shield to run 2 x xbox 360 vibe motors and low current fans. I have changed the v2 motor shield 3 times and UNO twice as well as all of the other diagnostic steps. today i decided to run the moto monster board by itself and it has not missed a beat. Also since i have removed the v2 motor shield the settings have stayed put. i will try again in the morning, if they need to be updated i will send the log for you.

my only conclusion is the v2 motor boards i have been buying are rubbish. i had similar problems with the dk shield as well. looking at your arduino sketch i can only have one moto monster board at a time as i need to hook up the vibe motors on my pedals looks like i will need a l298n motor board.
I could add a third arduino to the system but would prefer one arduino to run the 2 fans and 2 rumble motor.
one final question i run a bmw e36 dash via a custom script (not my own), now you have added more devices do you have a tutorial to add the dash to the standard sketch setup tool and make the temp gauge work properly. the modified sketch only put the water needle half way and is for the sake of immersion and not real time water temp.

Thanks again for answering me - much appreciated.

Thanks wotever I found one of my problems and before I answer I use a 5 amp power supply and have changed it for a 10 amp (nominal) when i added the new fans as they draw 3-4 amps each at full speed.
I only used the v2 shield to run 2 x xbox 360 vibe motors and low current fans. I have changed the v2 motor shield 3 times and UNO twice as well as all of the other diagnostic steps. today i decided to run the moto monster board by itself and it has not missed a beat. Also since i have removed the v2 motor shield the settings have stayed put. i will try again in the morning, if they need to be updated i will send the log for you.

my only conclusion is the v2 motor boards i have been buying are rubbish. i had similar problems with the dk shield as well. looking at your arduino sketch i can only have one moto monster board at a time as i need to hook up the vibe motors on my pedals looks like i will need a l298n motor board.
I could add a third arduino to the system but would prefer one arduino to run the 2 fans and 2 rumble motor.
one final question i run a bmw e36 dash via a custom script (not my own), now you have added more devices do you have a tutorial to add the dash to the standard sketch setup tool and make the temp gauge work properly. the modified sketch only put the water needle half way and is for the sake of immersion and not real time water temp.

Thanks again for answering me - much appreciated.
I admit I see more and more defective boards (motors, leds), i've been running mine for years now without a single issue (I burned one Motor Shield V2 last year when playing with it,but definitely my fault, I made a short :D) And often batchs are from similar quality, and suffer the same issues (a few months ago, somebody had 5 defective monster moto in the same batch !). Finding quality hardware is getting harder months after months.

Concerning multiple boards at the same time on same arduino, in my mind stacking heterogeneous shields was not really an option, however It should be possible, I've not tested it specifically but I've just checked the code it "should" handle it.
Take care it requires PWM pins which are limited, PWM pins 3 / 10 / 11 should be free from the monster moto and could be used for ENA/ENB (other L298N pins can use any digital pins).

I admit i don't encourage much such combos as simhub users knowledge varies a lot from total beginner to confirmed, so I avoid to suggest risky things such as piggy backing the remaining shield pins for something else. Make sure to have solid and safe connections to avoid any shorts or malfunctions.Those monster moto shields can deliver a lot of amps, risks are not totally hypothetical.

Concerning the gauge, yes I migrated the Melly's code (the custom sketch author) to simhub, you have the doc here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/BMW-E36-Cluster-Setup) However it won't change a thing, except integrated calibration process. The "middle temp" is a fallback when the game does not gives any engine temperatures (such as AC/ACC, some RF2 GT3's ... and some other games) and simhub embedded feature will do the same when the game doesn't gives temperatures.

I am very glad to receive your reply. I have successfully connected the nextion to the bluetooth module and there is no delay in the wireless state. You have done a great job and hope to support other devices as soon as possible, because it is really exciting to have all the hardware in the steering wheel and transmit wirelessly. I have a proposal. First of all, all arduino devices are currently using usb interface to transmit data. If data is transmitted through serial port (tx, rx), I think it is easy to realize wireless connection. I have seen your bluetooth connected led video on youtube. Thanks again for the software. My email address is lizhongchao@iCloud.com. Hope to communicate with you more, in order to improve and optimize your software, looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much.

Hi,
I have a problem with AC Competizione. When game starts, the dash in the HDMI screen minimizes and never go up again. TM1638 works well, but I can't see the dash. I tried to close and run the app but the same, once the game go fullscreen, the dash minimizes to task bar

Hi ! Yes you can connect everything on a single nano,
Obviously it would be impossible to give specific instructions for every single combinations possible as simbub supports many components
You will find the general arduino setup tool documentation and specific modules instructions in the documentation : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki#arduino-support

The setup tool makes configuring everything together quite easy : View attachment 286594

About the WS2812 matrix, support is still experimental in simhub (but result is not satisfying, mostly about readability) so feature is still really basic (gear indicator only for experimentation purposes) and it may change or be removed at any time, that's why you won't find it in the documentation.

Thanks.
So far I have the Tm1638 module,2 Max7219's working.
The WS2812 module I have is just the LED strip. I havent messed with it yet,still waiting on another 8 led segment to come in for total of 16 LED's.

Thanks again for the info. This is my first time ever trying to use Simhub and well, its just really easy compared to the other things I build, button boxes,joystick rebuilds/rewire using the Pro Micros and MMJOY.

Hi,
I have a problem with AC Competizione. When game starts, the dash in the HDMI screen minimizes and never go up again. TM1638 works well, but I can't see the dash. I tried to close and run the app but the same, once the game go fullscreen, the dash minimizes to task bar
I guess you are not using the native resolution of your monitor, when this happens windows (the os :D) will move windows (the dash... :D) around when game goes full screen a quick tip top avoid these resolution changes to mess up is to put the secondary monitor on the top left corner of the main monitor, in this way relative coordinates of the secondary monitor will never change.
upload_2019-1-19_22-53-33.png

would it be possible to get a percentage slider or an rpm slider to choose when the redline flash happens? so we can tweak it to match in game

I am very glad to receive your reply. I have successfully connected the nextion to the bluetooth module and there is no delay in the wireless state. You have done a great job and hope to support other devices as soon as possible, because it is really exciting to have all the hardware in the steering wheel and transmit wirelessly. I have a proposal. First of all, all arduino devices are currently using usb interface to transmit data. If data is transmitted through serial port (tx, rx), I think it is easy to realize wireless connection. I have seen your bluetooth connected led video on youtube. Thanks again for the software. My email address is lizhongchao@iCloud.com. Hope to communicate with you more, in order to improve and optimize your software, looking forward to your reply! Thank you very much.
Nextion is quite different as it's a "send and forget" device and it has a big command receive buffer,so it's easy to convert it to wireless, my sketch is really different as it's intended to reach error free high bandwidth by using flow control, ARQ protocol, CRC checking and other small tricks to ensure error free communication. But all of these relies on acknowledgment packets which requires not only to send data but to get acknowledgement back, and it's exactly where latency is a bottleneck.
The video you have seen was reaching hardly 20FPS, it's acceptable but speed was falling with the number of components plugged, a 32leds setup would fall as low as 10fps. Moreover with some components , such as leds, timing is critical to avoid lost data.
With a big data buffer is would be possible to do it but it requires a major rework of the sketch and the arduino memory is really tight for big buffering.(particularly on atmega 328p of the nano which is my "reference" hardware)
Basically It's not impossible to achieve it, but it would require a complete rethink and rewrite of the current sketch.

would it be possible to get a percentage slider or an rpm slider to choose when the redline flash happens? so we can tweak it to match in game
Hi ! you have all the redline settings available here, it's even possible to map a control to change it on the fly : You don't need necessary to map both controls (increment and decrement) as simhub will loop when reaching the max rpm, so mapping the "increment" control is enough.
upload_2019-1-19_23-30-53.png

I admit I see more and more defective boards (motors, leds), i've been running mine for years now without a single issue (I burned one Motor Shield V2 last year when playing with it,but definitely my fault, I made a short :D) And often batchs are from similar quality, and suffer the same issues (a few months ago, somebody had 5 defective monster moto in the same batch !). Finding quality hardware is getting harder months after months.

Concerning multiple boards at the same time on same arduino, in my mind stacking heterogeneous shields was not really an option, however It should be possible, I've not tested it specifically but I've just checked the code it "should" handle it.
Take care it requires PWM pins which are limited, PWM pins 3 / 10 / 11 should be free from the monster moto and could be used for ENA/ENB (other L298N pins can use any digital pins).

I admit i don't encourage much such combos as simhub users knowledge varies a lot from total beginner to confirmed, so I avoid to suggest risky things such as piggy backing the remaining shield pins for something else. Make sure to have solid and safe connections to avoid any shorts or malfunctions.Those monster moto shields can deliver a lot of amps, risks are not totally hypothetical.

Concerning the gauge, yes I migrated the Melly's code (the custom sketch author) to simhub, you have the doc here : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/BMW-E36-Cluster-Setup) However it won't change a thing, except integrated calibration process. The "middle temp" is a fallback when the game does not gives any engine temperatures (such as AC/ACC, some RF2 GT3's ... and some other games) and simhub embedded feature will do the same when the game doesn't gives temperatures.
Thanks again Wotever,
I think I will buy L298N and a third UNO and run the vibrating motors as a stand alone device. I just don't trust the v2 shield and will tap off the 12 Volts from the fan setup and run it through a 5 volt regulator to run the vibrator motors. If I use Melly's code will I still need to run a custom protocol?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back