Apps Download removed [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I use simhub dashboard now but use my phone(Iphone 7 Plus) as the display. I want to add a dedicated display but the hardest part of my new projects is buying the wrong items or taking unnecessary steps. I'm hoping for a 5.0"ish display that's easyish to setup because I don't have much electronic experience. My buddy said I just need a display and a usb - ttl adapter. I would like a touchscreen and I'm not really sure where to start. Thanks in advance and yes, i searched the forums but my lack of experience has brought great confusion.
I'm using a 5" Touch LCD for a Raspberry pi via HDMI cable.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HPV620I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

If you have a spare port on your GPU it's a low-cost solution.

Yep this totally solved it! I must have activated it to solve some other issue on another game.

Thanks!
Nice ! Actually I found a final fix for this feature, but i've made lot of small optimizations on the road, so it requires lot of testing before releasing it.

ok I got a display up on the nextion screen but nothing changes ingame,i will have another play.
You need to follow the template installation guide :
Depending of the format of the file coming with the hmi you may use one or another:
- .ini file (legacy format) https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-a-legacy-template
- .hmijmap: https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki/Nextion-Display---Installing-an-'editor'-template

Do not hesitate to go through the wiki home page where all the guides are listed in logical order : https://github.com/zegreatclan/SimHub/wiki#nextion-support

hi ..i have a problem whit my arduino pro micro......in simhub and in my device management on pc...is detected like auduino leonardo....and dont work(.....in simbhus is continuous connecting..hello....unrecognised.) ..Possible solution?...tks

hi ..i have a problem whit my arduino pro micro......in simhub and in my device management on pc...is detected like auduino leonardo....and dont work(.....in simbhus is continuous connecting..hello....unrecognised.) ..Possible solution?...tks
When you say don't work, what do you mean exactly ? You are not able to upload the sketch ? I know that some arduino micro appears as a leonardo before any upload, then after upload appears as a micro (I had a couple of micro doing that strange thing).

When you say don't work, what do you mean exactly ? You are not able to upload the sketch ? I know that some arduino micro appears as a leonardo before any upload, then after upload appears as a micro (I had a couple of micro doing that strange thing).

in praticte,its not possible tio upload the scketch,because is continous connect and disconnet in loops

Last edited:
in praticte,its not possible tio upload the scketch,because is continous connect and disconnet

Sketch upload is a separate process,automatic arduino detection is suspended during the upload and will only recognize arduinos with simhub sketch already installed,

If you can't upload the sketch it problably means something is wrong with the arduino itself.

Could you do a quick test using the arduino IDE to ensure everything is fine with the arduino ? (make sure to close simhub before)

Open the arduino ide : C:\Program Files (x86)\SimHub\_Addons\Arduino\ArduinoIDE\arduino-1.6.13\arduino.exe
- Select file menu/new, it will open a new blank sketck window :
upload_2019-1-10_14-48-24.png

- Select the "arduino micro" board :
upload_2019-1-10_14-47-19.png

- Select your arduino serial port :
upload_2019-1-10_14-48-44.png

- And finally try to upload that blank sketch :
upload_2019-1-10_14-49-11.png

If upload fails the editor will take a couple of minutes in "uploading" state, then it will stop with an error message, it will say if there is an issue with the board :
upload_2019-1-10_14-52-29.png

Hi! This is an amazing tool! I'm very impressed!

I've tested with an TM1638 module and it works very well, but i dont like wires, so I changed the arduino sketch to use a bluetooth module (HC-05) instead of Usb Serial.

SimHub search and finds the module, and are able to comunicate and update the module, but it disconnects all the time. From what I understand, reading de logs, what is happening is TimeoutExceptions. Probally the tool was made to use usual serial port, which is much faster then a bluetooth COM... there is any way to change the default timeout?

Thanks in advance!
Thank you very much for providing the software of simhub for everyone. I am also interested in wireless transmission. Could you tell me what module you use and how to connect it? Thank you very much!

Hi ! I was thinking to do it but never bought the required module :D,

My sketch use a kind of light flow control, every 16 bytes the arduino have to send an acknowledgement byte, SimHub tolerate 3 packet late before waiting for them explicitly, if one of the acknowledgment packet is not received within 0.5 second, I trigger a timeout disconnect and reconnect to the arduino. This behavior has to be maintained to avoid overfilling arduino buffer and losing data (simhub tries to go as fast as possible :D and losing data without this occurs really really fast) .

So if the timeout occurs it looks like the "ack" packets are not sent back or at least received, could you check that you did not lost this part of "FlowSerialRead" function ?
Thank you very much for providing the software of simhub for everyone. I am also interested in wireless transmission. Could you tell me what module you use and how to connect it? Thank you very much!

One more question:) any change about 5,0" Nextion units? Last time (about year ago) i tried to use it there was no template available, so i quickly made my own but there was noticable lagging:(
any update there?:)

One more question:) any change about 5,0" Nextion units? Last time (about year ago) i tried to use it there was no template available, so i quickly made my own but there was noticable lagging:(
any update there?:)
Sadly itead did not released any firmware updates for their screens for a long time, so I guess 5" will still run the same. From 4.3" to 5" the resolution is double, while MCU of this screen has the same power which explains this big performance difference for a less than one inch more. And sadly Itead is pretty closed to customers feedback, and barely accept any feature/enhancements suggestions/requests. This company is really wasting some potential for their products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back