2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
In my view the admins have enough work creating and managing this fantastic event for us. Just imagine how much time they put into to viewing all the pre-qualy laps let alone the time put in setting up each race, broadcasting, reviewing reports, etc etc.

I am not a fan boy I just think a little realism needs injecting into this discussion. If you don't like something and the race / league is important to you then make the time to file a report. Yes it takes some time but then hey... this is important to you isn't it???

Otherwise posting on the forum only serves as a way for you to release your annoyance. Fair enough, I am happy for people to do that but if you can't be bothered to file a report then I don't understand why you get so annoyed. Surely the annoyance comes from actually caring about the race and the enjoyment you want to get from competing in the league. Being annoyed AND not caring seem to be at odds (at least to me).

Me... I had a great race. Made a few mistakes but as before I enjoyed the event and on the whole the racing was fair (from my position on the track at least!). I have watched back my replays and learned from my mistakes and other peoples.

Im not filling any report if I have to anex a video. I can guarantee that.
And in Round 1 I was blatantly pushed off track by a driver that went to finish ahead of me, so I have all reasons, but I wont do it.

I can point the race, the lap and the drivers involved, but thats it. My replay may be different from their and the official replay should aways be the server one.

Anyway, the suggestion to RD staff is made for adjust some things, for possible next series.

I dont know of any serious Series in the world that involves a full reverse grid for their races. Certainly not for sprint races.
Those cars are made for door to door and contact, but with that in mind, a reverse grid turns into a mad scrap where people bang their cars left and right hanging for dear life in order to mantain a 19th position...and to me this is more video game than anything.

Reverse the top 10 or as the real series do, the top 8. And thats it. Leave the others to race where they belong.

I have to say Im really, really dissapointed with the drive standards I witnessed this race, specially race 2, and If I experience this again, I will not come back.

I hope not, as I want to have good, tight and reasonable clean races...not a UFC on wheels. :thumbsup:

Really it isn't a discussion for now. The grids, the way protests are made, standards etc... Make suggestions in the thread discussing season 10 so as to make changes or suggest them BEFORE you agree to the rules.

You know. The rules that talk about reverse grids and replays in protests that EVERYONE who signed up to race in this league agreed to upon signing up.

If you have an issue with rules in this league at this stage TOUGH. There has been an actual productive discussion in the Season 10 thread regarding stuff like this as opposed to the rampant, salty shouting matches we're seeing from the butt-hurt few after a non-perfect evening. Things could improve further for sure but in regards to the running of the event this was a marked step forward from round 1. As someone who really bashed the running of the first round I found this round to be totally better. If you don't like the rules for season 9 it is too late to have the discussion. If it all bothers you enough then leave. There is nothing forcing those who don't like it to stay.

Either way. Toughen up, take your lot and take the discussion to somewhere that it's useful.

Also. Drafting in qualifying is wonderful @Tume if you don't like it tough. Learn, it is a damn sensible idea if you can't do it now as opposed to constantly complaining about complete non-issues.

I'll write this here, in case the person in question might be reading...
I'll file a report all right, and not because I care about this league - in fact I'm on the way out myself. The driving in both rounds was way too aggressive, the cars are FWD and not fun to drive, so I get no fun out of it. And it also wasn't this way in the previous V8 league. I really wonder why.
The reason I will file a report is because I'm really pissed.
And unless I get at least a PM from the person in question to discuss what has happened, I won't change my mind either.
And I'll do all that after I've had a chance to calm down of course... as per the rules...

mod-edit: absent reports for round 3 below this line

=========================================

I wish to withdraw from the series as well - it just isn't for me. I however learned a lot from only two rounds.

However, getting Premium didn't go to waste - for both sides. You get the money, I get to have another shot at league racing, with the V8 league. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Welp, it was a good run, for just two rounds. Championship hopes already ruined and due to a retirement not caused by me (DC) dropped me out of top 30. (Also the unlucky retirement from race 2 in Cascavel, which was my fault of course).

I didn't like the car or the league in general anyway, but it was worth a try. Looking forward to the V8s, they're RWD anyway and shouldn't have as many issues as the Marcas have...

And also the season 10 post is somewhat irrelevant seeing as they are completely cars so the racing will have a different dynamic. I would imagine reverse grids would work better in V8 cars for example.

Rules can be changed mid season as well (not saying we should scrap reverse grids) for the better of the league, especially ones that aren't directly effecting the races. There would be no harm employing a new review team that have the game and mod mid season so we get more protests and cleaner racing for example. At least with the current format watching the evidence videos is amusing!

Welp, it was a good run, for just two rounds. Championship hopes already ruined and due to a retirement not caused by me (DC) dropped me out of top 30. (Also the unlucky retirement from race 2 in Cascavel, which was my fault of course).

I didn't like the car or the league in general anyway, but it was worth a try. Looking forward to the V8s, they're RWD anyway and shouldn't have as many issues as the Marcas have...

So, can we expect you to retire from the V8 series is you fall out of Server 1, and/or loose you championship hopes there as well?

So, can we expect you to retire from the V8 series is you fall out of Server 1, and/or loose you championship hopes there as well?
Pff.

Sure, it was pure bad luck that I got a disconnection, it really really frustrated me, make no mistake. But being forced to drive in division 2 AS WELL as the fact that the league's no fun, why bother. I can't force myself to do it.

I never get disconnections so it happened at the worst time possible >-<

And let me tell you a secret - I never planned to take part in this league. I just happened to see the notification in Steam and hopped in out of curiosity. It was worth a try, anyway, like I said. Late and rushed join on my part but what can you do. It happened. I really wanted to try.

This was another rushed join to withdraw but still, it's my choice.

I guess you can agree you're only glad to lose someone who complains. Right? :p Yeah, thought so. As Oscar said, if you don't like it, just leave. That's what I shall do, I won't force myself to run it if I don't get any fun from it.

Pff.

Sure, it was pure bad luck that I got a disconnection, it really really frustrated me, make no mistake. But being forced to drive in division 2 AS WELL as the fact that the league's no fun, why bother. I can't force myself to do it.

I never get disconnections so it happened at the worst time possible >-<

And let me tell you a secret - I never planned to take part in this league. I just happened to see the notification in Steam and hopped in out of curiosity. It was worth a try, anyway.

Just pointing it out. For me, I don't care, I have nothing to do with circuit racing here at RD as a staff anyway. I keep my staff-duties to the mud, snow and dirt.
But you should remember that everyone in the staff team devotes lots of their free time to make this possible for all the drivers. Of course, with essential, and very nice help from our Premium Members :)

Anyway, it is not a motivation boost, to make the time to plan it, get a team together, get streamers, commentators, make the mod, use time on servers etc. etc. and then see people leave because they "don't want to drive on server 2".

Of course, if the realistic goal is a championship win, it didn't work out, but it doesn't look at to respectful for the time people actually put in to make this championship a possibility.

I understand they put a lot of work on this, but it doesn't change the fact people are allowed to withdraw. I'm a very sensitive person. And I must highlight once again, I joined like lightning from a bright sky, but as the league was almost starting I had to make a decision quickly. And I gave it a try, anyway!

Soooo... Did anyone at all have any fun tonight?

Amazingly fun! It was absolutely awesome to be frank.

It will bug me like **** that I made the mistake that made it impossible to fight for the R2 win, but 5th and 2nd, and over 30 passes in the races, and being overtaken, and extremely little contact. It was awesome!

It does look like Server 2 was the place to be! :)

I understand they put a lot of work on this, but it doesn't change the fact people are allowed to withdraw. I'm a very sensitive person. And I must highlight once again, I joined like lightning from a bright sky, but as the league was almost starting I had to make a decision quickly. And I gave it a try, anyway!

People are free to do what they want, but very many series' have a point in the sign up, or the rules, that "past history" will be included.

really had a good nights racing first race was a challenge big battles through out the field was running P9 at one point but with faster people behind me was a matter of time before they got past managed to finish P12 Race 2 was a lot better for me starting 20th was hoping to be at least around the top 10 had to miss a crash at turn 2 found myself p9 after lap one managed to finish P5 looking forward to the next round :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back