2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think also the qualifying goes on the edge of fairness - people use drafting for better laptimes and those who do not work as a team might find a hard time finding someone to draft. Furthermore, some people are not used to it, much like me, so I must always start a few positions back. I know I know, "get faster" and "learn how to draft" but it's a bit silly in my opinion.
I think that honestly is fine. Drafting for quali happens in real life as well! It's actually a smart way to get a extra tenth of so. Get it wrong and it could ruin the whole lap.

Oh yeah, the stream was a total slideshow in the opening laps of the race...as well as constantly lagging later on. You could always, I don't know, reduce the quality for more frames. More frames per second is better than looking at high-quality pics. :p

I think also the qualifying goes on the edge of fairness - people use drafting for better laptimes and those who do not work as a team might find a hard time finding someone to draft. Furthermore, some people are not used to it, much like me, so I must always start a few positions back. I know I know, "get faster" and "learn how to draft" but it's a bit silly in my opinion.

And even though you could make your way up the field from a lower position, it's not as easy as it sounds. Regardless of driving skills, some defend and retake positions very aggressively.

Oh well. I got disconnected, but I got a bitter taste of other things as well.

This is a part of racing, I'm not good in qual either, I just lack that little extra that gives me the chance to be that tenth or two faster, it's just how it is.
On the flipside, I very often gain 3-4 places in the start.

Of course it is hard to pass, some drivers are harder to pass than others as well, just like in real life. Both passing and defending is a skill that needs training :)

No one will load the replay, find the incident, choose camera angle, record it, upload it, write the PM and send it in 60 seconds. Ever.
This ^

Loading the replay takes a moment, finding the spot from the replay too. Uploading takes a moment too, depending on the connection.

Moments make plenty of minutes suddenly, half an hour at best.

:p

No one will load the replay, find the incident, choose camera angle, record it, upload it, write the PM and send it in 60 seconds. Ever.
And rarely anyone does. The ones who do it most are the ones who have a more malicious intent of gaining positions without working for them I mean you have to go the the effort to record a video ffs

Like I said before, if you RECORD an incident by default, completely subconsciously that video will be biased towards the 'victim' they are going to use the camera angles that support their argument most, for a start.

Personally to me, the reverse grid race should be scrapped for next season. It causes more problems and this is from a guy that has benefited from it.

It looks crap on broadcasts, I have had messages from 3 different people telling me what a joke this looks like because of the reverse grid races. YES Mike is correct that it is about the people in it, BUT we aren't professional racing drivers, there is no risk of death or serious injury so no one cares.

The pace differential causes people to bash into each other, example, a turn for me that is easy flat might be a little lift for someone, and something as minor as them to people meeting at the wrong point can cause a massive crash.

It's a mess, get rid of it I say. Would make the league look so much better and make people watch the broadcasts and go "Hey that actually looks good" rather than "NO F*****G WAY!!!! Not joining that"

Just my opinion.

Surely its not that difficult to have an official replay? And then we just say the timestamps and you can have an unbiased video account and look at it from any camera angle you want. And it saves us the 10-20 mins it takes for us to upload it.

You are discouraging people from reporting when it should be the opposite.

Having raced in FSR for a few seasons, just telling the timestamp, lap and description of the incident is way better than going through the trouble of uploading the video clip as well!

Personally to me, the reverse grid race should be scrapped for next season. It causes more problems and this is from a guy that has benefited from it.

It looks crap on broadcasts, I have had messages from 3 different people telling me what a joke this looks like because of the reverse grid races. YES Mike is correct that it is about the people in it, BUT we aren't professional racing drivers, there is no risk of death or serious injury so no one cares.

The pace differential causes people to bash into each other, example, a turn for me that is easy flat might be a little lift for someone, and something as minor as them to people meeting at the wrong point can cause a massive crash.

It's a mess, get rid of it I say. Would make the league look so much better and make people watch the broadcasts and go "Hey that actually looks good" rather than "NO F*****G WAY!!!! Not joining that"

Just my opinion.
Totally agree! Ironically The Twitch vods at least have awful fps issues. Literally 1 fps first two mins of race 1 and and now the same in race 2 around 10 mins in and it's lasted for 7 mins now. So you can't see the actual quality of driving at all :p

I don't think reverse grid is that problematic, I think it's the drivers that are problematic. If you're trying to overtake a guy and you don't know his braking habits and points, maybe you shouldn't be driving directly behind him in the braking zone, bump him off track, and continue on your merry way? Maybe you should be waiting for a couple of corners, or just not braking directly behind. Also, maybe not use the guy as a means of slowing down on the apex when you divebomb?
And there's plenty more examples...

Having raced in FSR in 3 seasons, just telling the timestamp, lap and description of the incident is way better than going through the trouble of uploading the video clip as well!
Because we have a review team that doesn't always consist of people owning a game. We review incidents in a separate thread and ask our team to review it. That means GSC owners and non-owners.

See this and scroll to point 7: http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/racing-league-regulations-2015.11826/

This is the rulebook you agreed to when you became premium and when you signed up to the series. You have been linked to it also in various conversation messages as well. It clearly describes how you and we handle incident reports.

It's crystal clear how incidents are reported and reviewed.

I don't think reverse grid is that problematic, I think it's the drivers that are problematic. If you're trying to overtake a guy and you don't know his braking habits and points, maybe you shouldn't be driving directly behind him in the braking zone, bump him off track, and continue on your merry way? Maybe you should be waiting for a couple of corners, or just not braking directly behind. Also, maybe not use the guy as a means of slowing down on the apex when you divebomb?
And there's plenty more examples...
It technically doesn't matter whether it's a problem of drivers or the concept itself - since they are two components working together. :p

Also with the reverse grids, everyone thinks they can do well in them.

The slower guys say: if i start well and lead the race I can get away whilst they battle and get a really good result. This involves being aggressive at the start to get to the lead.

In the midfield the start is very important and making up positions quickly means you are gaping the quicker guys behind you so you can run away and battle the 'backmarkers' for a victory. This involves aggression at the start and middle of the race.

And then the quickest guys are racing to get past everyone as quick as possible as thats the only possible way to win. Taking risks and aggression is the only way to do this.

And then you have all the guys after 10 laps or so in the lower half of the pack who are annoyed because their race hasn't gone to plan. Two angry drivers together leads to more crashes and more anger.

Thats why I don't like them, especially when the contact is so forgiving damage wise and the pace so similiar throughout the field.

The person who drives the most aggressive without breaking the rules/gets reported wins and thats not fun at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back