2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was also forced off the track one corner...that was some very aggressive driving, I agree with people.

It's okay to have close racing, but when it's too close, it's just pure madness...

Like I said in the S10 thread, reversing the whole 30 car grid is the worst idea ever. Changing that would alone fix a lot of the insanity happening in Race 2.

It's a feature in the game, so either it's this way, new qual-way, or reversing a certain amount of drivers manually, which adds quite a bit workload, especially with two servers.

I have no meanings or ways to report if the video is mandatory. I dont deal with Youtube videos, dont know how to make one.
The server have a official replay that the stewards should have acess to it. So a driver should make a report but saying which lap and what was the case, for the stewards to review it. Should be more simple.

Anyway, Im just saying what I saw, and we have already 2 drivers giving up because of what I said.

So if this is fine for everybody, so be it. Lets keep it this way.

Make a thread about it in the Premium forums, but those are the rules you signed up for :)

I was also forced wide one corner...that was some very aggressive driving, I agree with people.

That happens regardless of reversed servers or not.

Basically it all comes down to the drivers attitude, a reversed race is a different kind of race than after a qual, but in reality, there is no problems making it through the whole field without making contact with any drivers.

There is nothing wrong with the full grid reverse, the problem is how people deal with it.
Very true. But... people need to protest bad driving for things to change. And the current system for filing a protest is needlessly "complex", requires more effort and time than it should. So I don't see that really happening. Some people just rather quit the whole league instead.

Tonight was worse than first round imo. I mean this is just from my point of view of course. And I thought it would get better...

Listen, if something is wrong, report it - if it makes you angry enough to complain about it, report it.
The amount of time that goes in to arrange a series is massive, if not the whole incident-report team shall go through 5 laps from 28-29 cars and note down everything.
This is the general idea behind the reporting-system.
Rather than an individual penalty and a silence after why not a global statement and remove the most dangerous drivers from the league, all you will have if this continues is everyone leaving and thats AFTER the admins have to quadriple their work load by sifting through reports.

Nip it in the bud, don't wait for a report, if two people are driving agressively with each other, neither driver will report it will they? But in the next race they'll race the same elsewhere.

Sure allow people to make a report but we need to take action on poor driving immediately. Whilst someone may leave the series without making a report the driver/s at fault continue to cause trouble.

Very true. But... people need to protest bad driving for things to change. And the current system for filing a protest is needlessly "complex", requires more effort and time than it should. So I don't see that really happening. Some people just rather quit the whole league instead.

Tonight was worse than first round imo. I mean this is just from my point of view of course. And I thought it would get better...

As I said to Angelo, make a discussion about that where it is appropriate, but the rules are the same now, as when the sign-up was opened.
And it is not that much work either. Maybe the first time, but it's not much work. Most people have a dropbox account to drop the video in as well :)

I believe you can also just set it start race 2 in the order that race 1 finished, or not?

I would guess so. I have very little knowledge of servers, the little I know is for rF :)

Rather than an individual penalty and a silence after why not a global statement and remove the most dangerous drivers from the league, all you will have if this continues is everyone leaving and thats AFTER the admins have to quadriple their work load by sifting through reports.

Nip it in the bud, don't wait for a report, if two people are driving agressively with each other, neither driver will report it will they? But in the next race they'll race the same elsewhere.

Sure allow people to make a report but we need to take action on poor driving immediately. Whilst someone may leave the series without making a report the driver/s at fault continue to cause trouble.
¨

I think I follow you, but how do you mean it should be done? Should things be checked from Race Reports? Or what? No one can watch through all drivers, in the whole two races for both servers. The only way is to know of a rule breach, is to get a report of it. How would it otherwise be possible to know that drivers in 14th and 15th place drivers like idiots, if no one say anything about it.

As I said to Angelo, make a discussion about that where it is appropriate, but the rules are the same now, as when the sign-up was opened.
And it is not that much work either. Maybe the first time, but it's not much work. Most people have a dropbox account to drop the video in as well :)
Yes, but I was expecting to have good, clean racing and not spending as much time filing protests as racing :D If that's the case I'll just find something that has better fun to work ratio :p

I would guess so. I have very little knowledge of servers, the little I know is for rF :)

¨

I think I follow you, but how do you mean it should be done? Should things be checked from Race Reports? Or what? No one can watch through all drivers, in the whole two races for both servers. The only way is to know of a rule breach, is to get a report of it. How would it otherwise be possible to know that drivers in 14th and 15th place drivers like idiots, if no one say anything about it.

Of course it can't be done to eagle eye EVERY single car. But at least for the race that streamed, if racing is observed thats poor by admins [and the majority of them watch the stream anyway] it should be reviewed as per the FIA regardless of if someone has personally reported it or not because at the end of the day, the streamed races are the ones that show the RD image to potential new racers, and we should strive here to have the cleanest racing around. There was some truly shocking driving there, contact should be avoided at all times but it seems like it's become part of the norm of what people EXPECT, and therefore don't make enough of an effort to avoid contact.

I actually think given the current state of driving standards in gmotor games, and in RD generally at this time the TOTAL reverse grid is a stretch of whats possible here at the moment.

Yes, but I was expecting to have good, clean racing and not spending as much time filing protests as racing :D If that's the case I'll just find something that has better fun to work ratio :p

I think people need to remember that it is a game, it's supposed to be fun, and it's not like only the persons who makes most passes, or wins the whole thing will survive when the championship is over.
No-one likes to be pushed off the track, spun or anything like it, so I don't understand why some expect others to accept that they do it to other persons...

But at the same time, one would need to accept that mistakes can happen, you can brake a bit too later, others can as well.

I also expect good and clean racing, but it is so tight in this series, that it will be some contact, even if all drivers do anything they can to avoid it.

As you said, at the end of it all, we want it to remain a fun place to drive, people are already leaving it's only round 2. Clearly there is a problem, and it should be addressed.

Yea, i'm not in this series, but racing clean is the ONLY way to race in my eyes and what I saw on stream was just plain discusting.

It's also more fun to drive, than it is to file incident reports, so more likely people with either quit, or just say nothing about an incident. If someone is obvious on stream it should be reviewed indefinitely.

Of course it can't be done to eagle eye EVERY single car. But at least for the race that streamed, if racing is observed thats poor by admins [and the majority of them watch the stream anyway] it should be reviewed as per the FIA regardless of if someone has personally reported it or not because at the end of the day, the streamed races are the ones that show the RD image to potential new racers, and we should strive here to have the cleanest racing around. There was some truly shocking driving there, contact should be avoided at all times but it seems like it's become part of the norm of what people EXPECT, and therefore don't make enough of an effort to avoid contact.

Again something that would be good to have in the appropriate forum if you feel it should be changed from what it is now :)

But the workload will not change much for the team anyway. If it would've been done the way to say here, the team would need to find the right place in the replay, look at it, and then discuss it. The way it is now, there is a video available and everyone watches that, and discuss it.

There is always a fine line between things, but it is dangerous to add too much work for the people behind the scenes as well, after all, all staff members here, do this on their spare time, for free :)

Fair is fun.

As you said, at the end of it all, we want it to remain a fun place to drive, people are already leaving it's only round 2. Clearly there is a problem, and it should be addressed.

Yea, i'm not in this series, but racing clean is the ONLY way to race in my eyes and what I saw on stream was just plain discusting.

I agree with both - that fair is fun, and fair and clean is the only way to race, this isn't bangers racing.

Open your replay, grab your phone from your pocket, record screen = 20 seconds. Upload to youtube or dropbox, 30 seconds. Send pm, 10 seconds.

Total time lost to send a report = 60 seconds.

Open your replay, grab your phone from your pocket, record screen = 20 seconds. Upload to youtube or dropbox, 30 seconds. Send pm, 10 seconds.

Total time lost to send a report = 60 seconds.
So whats to say in the report they don't record their own poor driving or the pre-incident of before they started recording the video they will only show what has been done to them and not to others so a video by the 'victim' will always favour the victim? I thought it was done where admins watch a replay rather than a 3rd party video?

The trouble is not everyone is sending reports, only some people.

I think also the qualifying goes on the edge of fairness - people use drafting for better laptimes and those who do not work as a team might find a hard time finding someone to draft. Furthermore, some people are not used to it, much like me, so I must always start a few positions back. I know I know, "get faster" and "learn how to draft" but it's a bit silly in my opinion.

And even though you could make your way up the field from a lower position, it's not as easy as it sounds. Regardless of driving skills, some defend and retake positions very aggressively.

Oh well. I got disconnected, but I got a bitter taste of other things as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back