2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Bram, is this line considered as a track limit?
2015-09-28_00001.jpg

I've been practising without using the outside of that line. But as I can see rubber marks both on exit of turn 1 and entrance of turn 2 coming through it, I'm wondering if it can be a part of the track.

Thats a good one @Matheus Machado , I have never considered that one as a possible track limit in any race I did there. If you read the league rules any tarmac or walls outside the lines is not considered as part of the track. So it definately could be the track limit.

Though in previous leagues/races the wall was considered as track limit, not the line on that straight, pretty sure it will be now, would be surprised if not so tbh. We will have to see what the admins say about this :)

Last edited:
@Bram, is this line considered as a track limit?
View attachment 106536
I've been practising without using the outside of that line. But as I can see rubber marks both on exit of turn 1 and entrance of turn 2 coming through it, I'm wondering if it can be a part of the track.
You may cross that white line. it's permitted to use the full width of the track up to the wall.

That wide large area was part of the Jacarépagua track back in the 70's where Jacarépagua was both a race track + oval track, so that line is not illegal and as Jon said, that was used in the VSCC without problems + the ideal rubber racing line is over part of the track.

Also this oval part of the track was used in the 90's for the CART Champ Car Championship. :)

Last edited:
The initial idea Murat was had people showed up, the Server #3 would actually have around 15 drivers, enough for a league race. Also out of that reserve list Server #2 has its leader (also in the top 3-5 overall if I'm not mistaken) Eric Stranne, which won both races and he was patient and was present during race day.

Even if you didn't race, at least being present on Teamspeak or forums would have been enough to grab a spot in Server #2, I guess. That's why we reinforce that all drivers must be committed to race all races in our leagues, regardless of where you are stacked in. And if you weren't able to race for any critical reasons (personal wise or infrastructural wise) you should have let us know in the Absence Report thread.

We were only 7 in reserve list for Cascavel race. All of them were removed now, i think no one of them knows that he should leave an absence report even if he is in reserve list. Ok then, if i have a reason i will report in the Absence Report thread for the next events whether i am in reserve list or not.

While that is understandable Lorenzo. The Reserve-server gives no points, I am pretty sure there was reserve-drivers present, that didn't bother to go on the 3rd server.

There is no place in the rules that say anything about a 3rd server, and I would've done just the same as many reserve-guys. I'd been online, refreshing RD, being ready to drive for points. But not spending the time on a pointless server (in the literal form).

@Ole Marius Myrvold

I couldn't remember at the time there were no points in Server #3. About Murat being removed or some other reserves, I think just being in Teamspeak would've been enough. But that's me saying, and the one organizing this is either Bram or Davy and they have their opinions why you guys were removed.

It did say you had to be on "the server" just before qualifying. Everyone was assigned a server. Those who weren't on the second server at the deadline did not show up in time which was mentioned very clearly on the forum (even for me!), were replaced with me and Nobbs who were reserves waiting on the third server.

Agree 100% with Eric. I was looking forward to a race on Server 3 as I was 2nd from bottom of the reserves list due to being unable to do the pre-qualys (working at the time). I turned up and so did Eric. No one else did and we were lucky enough to get on server 2.

Had we not got onto server 2 Eric and I would have been racing on server 3 by ourselves. Given that people were meant to be available to race and they could see which server they were assigned to days in advance people should have turned up or posted in advance that they could not attend.

Turned out lucky for Eric and I but could have been a very dull race on Server 3.

We were only 7 in reserve list for Cascavel race. All of them were removed now, i think no one of them knows that he should leave an absence report even if he is in reserve list.
It has all been clearly communicated in both the event thread for Cascavel as via several conversation messages.

There was a clear list of drivers for server 1, 2, 3 with server names, passwords etc. Even send out various conversation messages with again server names, passwords and the request to report absence if a driver can't make it.

If then 2 out of 10 show up and 8 don't even leave a small note that they are absent I can only conclude that the drivers aren't interested in participating in the series anymore.

If those drivers want to be enrolled for race 2 they can send me a PM before the end of this week

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back