2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't participate this coming weekend due to work:(( should be back for round 3 though
Take that back. I can participate!

Last edited:
Does it pay off in any way to drive with the ABS? GT3 cars are built to use abs and tc, so it makes sense, but i have never driven normal tourers with abs in any game. I am not very familiar with this engine, so id like to get peoples opinion on abs.

Personally i prefer the raw brake input, but is it faster with abs?

Does it pay off in any way to drive with the ABS? GT3 cars are built to use abs and tc, so it makes sense, but i have never driven normal tourers with abs in any game. I am not very familiar with this engine, so id like to get peoples opinion on abs.

Personally i prefer the raw brake input, but is it faster with abs?
Story time! :D

I tend to run without any "aids" by default. But I know TC and ABS have their uses and advantages when done right. iRacing so far tends to be a sim that does them really well. Instead of being considered and treated as driver aids, like most sims tend to do, they've implemented "racing TC" and "racing ABS". The difference being that instead of TC and ABS being incredibly intrusive even on the lowest setting, often on purpose to make people using them slower, the way iR does it is very subtle and thus also beneficial. They add consistency and save tyres.

After Cascavel races I took a look at qualy times using Simresult and noticed that practically everyone was running with ABS on (low, server/league doesn't allow higher), or at least had toggled ABS off/low at some point. So I tried it myself and I think it's beneficial to have enabled.

Last edited:
Tero explained it better than I ever could above but here's my two cents worth :p

Personally I find on low it does indeed help. They aid in avoiding lock ups (in the case of ABS) and sliding the car around (in the case of TC) without taking too much speed away in doing so. Basically, they give you a little assist when needed, without going too far and slowing you down like I suspect having them on high or full settings would do (though I could be wrong there to be fair, just what I assume) :)

I should add that I think Reiza might (seem to) have a similar philosophy and approach to TC and ABS as iRacing does, and have thus implemented them differently, if that's possible with the now fairly old engine that no doubt was built to have them as "intrusive driver aids".

I'm fairly new to SCE and their cars but have had lots and lots of laps in rF1 and TC and ABS were never something you wanted to use as those just made you slower. Well, in my experience anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back