2015 RD Touring Car Championship (Stock Car Extreme)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see that is stated a full 15 minutes WarmUp before the race, but as far I recall from Qualy we jumped straight to race on the first attempt...and then for the second attempt we had a 10 minutes WarmUp.
15 WarmUp before the race is whats going to happen?

I see that is stated a full 15 minutes WarmUp before the race, but as far I recall from Qualy we jumped straight to race on the first attempt...and then for the second attempt we had a 10 minutes WarmUp.
15 WarmUp before the race is whats going to happen?
Warm-up should happen, as we faced those server issues it was cut off.

Warm-up should happen, as we faced those server issues it was cut off.
Maybe this is more of a topic for the last round but since it came up (and I've forgotten to write about it) I'll say it now. After the server issues communication from admin/staff was somewhat lacking. I don't think it was mentioned anywhere by anyone that we would move directly to R2 when R1 ended. So there was at least one driver who missed the start due to that and it was really close that I didn't also miss it. Only reason I did realise is because my team mate @ArneSchoonvliet mentioned something about race starting soon on TS and then I realised it was counting down to race start and I joined with seconds to spare.

Maybe this is more of a topic for the last round but since it came up (and I've forgotten to write about it) I'll say it now. After the server issues communication from admin/staff was somewhat lacking. I don't think it was mentioned anywhere by anyone that we would move directly to R2 when R1 ended. So there was at least one driver who missed the start due to that and it was really close that I didn't also miss it. Only reason I did realise is because my team mate @ArneSchoonvliet mentioned something about race starting soon on TS and then I realised it was counting down to race start and I joined with seconds to spare.
Well it is mentioned in each event post "There is only a small delay between both races". So don't leave your rig. :)You can extend the time a bit by doing an inlap instead of hitting esc after finish.;) It's also nicer for the broadcast.:)

Well it is mentioned in each event post "There is only a small delay between both races". So don't leave your rig. :)You can extend the time a bit by doing an inlap instead of hitting esc after finish.;) It's also nicer for the broadcast.:)
Hmm, I don't remember that. So... egg on my face! :D Apologies!

But it's not a very common practice. At least in my experience. I think a 5 min break between starts would be nice anyway, for drivers but also for the broadcast. I don't believe it makes the broadcast better that it all starts again "immediately". I can see how a too long break will be annoying and a waste of time, but a 5 min cool-off would help in "resetting" between races, for viewers too. But hey, that's just my thoughts :D

Agree with Tero. Not to mention a toilet break might be needed ;)
Yes :D

Also the nature of the racing here with these cars and this league is also very "involving" as it's 30 closely matched drivers and so you'll be fighting for position literally from start to finish of the 30 min race. A 5 min break inbetween would just be nice tbh :D

I am sure everyone at work etc but I am about to go on the RD server and do a little practice. If anyone wants to join me it would be great to have some company. I'll be on TeamSpeak also.

Hi @Bram
As discusses on TS earlier, please accept my retirement from the remainder of the season.

Thanks to all the team for the mammoth amount of work put in to get this all together, I applaud the dedication of all concerned, as always.

Enjoy the racing guys, and good luck to everyone.

Cheers

Paul

Jesper decided he was going to make a few pictures for you guys :) And they are beautiful.

12094935_1688636554705554_6131872070370358290_o.jpg

12032664_1688636548038888_8083523616512838528_o.jpg

12094908_1688636541372222_452146032474911805_o.jpg

12068950_1688636561372220_8101566105483827175_o.jpg

shutter.jpg

All racing incidents will will be reviewed by an independent group of staff who hold no affiliation to this league in any way, shape or form. All incidents will be viewed on their merits according to the rulebook. The decisions made by the stewards are final and will be respected even if you disagree with the outcome.

Submitting a Report
Reports are submitted to the league director via conversation message, who will then forward them to the stewards. Reports must be submitted within 24 hours of the conclusion of the race. If you would like a racing incident to be looked at, then please make sure you conform to the procedure and standards that are expected of an incident report. This means:
  • Your name, the round number, and the lap of the race on which it occurred.
  • Clear video evidence of the events leading up to, during and proceeding the incident (total length should be ~1 minute).
  • A variety of camera angles from both your opponents, and your own perspective.
  • A text description of the events.
Penalties
The race stewards will have many different penalties at their disposal. For racing incidents there are point penalties that can be issued depending on the severity of the incident(s).
  • 1 pnt = warning
  • 5 pnt = minor offense
  • 10 pnt = serious offense
  • 25 pnt = severe offense
  • Disqualification

Round 1 - Cascavel

Driver: Arne Freienseher
Penalty: 25 points
Reason: Violation of rule 6.3 B
Evidence: Video

Driver: Christopher Vrettos
Penalty: 5 points
Reason: Violation of rule 6.3 A & B

Driver: Warren Schembri
Penalty: 1 point
Reason: Violation of rule 6.3 C

Driver: Neto Nascimento
Penalty: No action taken
Reason: Hardwick was deemed at fault, however Nascimento did not file any incident report against Hardwick.

Driver: Mike Bell
Penalty: No action taken
Reason: Bell not deemed at fault.

Driver: Neto Nascimento
Reason: Violation of rule 6.3 A

Driver: Javier Polanco
Penalty: 1 point
Reason: Violation of rule 6.3 A

Driver: Tuomas Koriala

Driver: Jon Hicken
Penalty: 10 points

It's just Photoshop :D Or at least some other image editing software :)
This level of realism is a PITA to achieve in post-editing. The amount of fiddling with masking itself is incredible, not to mention the different layers of motion and focus blur. So hats off if that's the case! :notworthy:

And actually it can be, by having a second look at the antennas and how they are blurry on in-focus cars as well... Man does he have too much free time! :D

P.s.: My first guess would have been either a fancy SweetFX setup or taking stills from post-processed video.

Was expecting to see some complaints about the penalties by now. I guess this is a positive disappointment :p
Jesper is very good at his photos. It's were I got all my stuff for photos from.

Tero is right that they are all done within photoshop, adding specific blurs to different parts of the shot and then a selection of different things to colour correct it.
Yay, educated guess FTW! :D I could use some of those tips btw ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back