2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ah yes but I dont mean different replay files. But every racer tells you about two (just making the number up) moments in the race that he wants to be shown in the video. Or something to be said.

If you do your race.. it's hard for you to know where and when people fall off track, do overtakes and maybe something else happens.
There are defining moments for everyone in the race and I think everyone would like to be shown in the video.

For example, one guy have such bad luck one race and in next accident free, he could remind to include "this person will be glad to pick up these points after the unfortunate accident in the last race".

As you remembered my terrible accident that struck Mattia in the first turn, you said "remember to not give up about us still getting good positions", this must take more time to really think about and remember to include than if people themself say something to include..

Not to impose on your way, just suggestions that might make it easier for you.

I think I should clarify why I reacted the way I did.

@Kamran
I come on the forum after the race and see Bojan being told he doesn't know how to get out of the way, and you talking to him in a generally patronizing way about how he was making mistakes and how nice you were being etc etc. The same attitude you don't have when someone is behind you, so for me you're just being hypocritical. I know what I saw and that I had to brake hard to avoid you, to the point I was thinking what the hell is going on??? If this is the way we play, next time "I" won't be so nice, buddy ;)

If I make a mistake I own up to it and apologize, period.

Another thing try not using language like "Use your mirrors people" on the server and you'll come off little nicer. For having participated in all but a few races in Netkar you're making a bad start here. We're here to have fun, not to be talked down to.

I've said what I needed to say, matter over.

Congrats on your win, well deserved.

btw there were to many people using chat during qualify and race.....remember that chat is not allowed in race and during qualify, is also forbidden for saying sry etc..... if you want say sry you can do it at the end of the qualy/race.........

for me doesn't change to much if we can chat or not because usually i don't lost concentration and i can drive also while chatting and reading, but if there are some rules maybe is better to follow them, or the next time i will annoy you all with my story of "what i did at work today" :p!! XD hahahhahaahah

That's an amazing replay you made there Sérgio - I like the idea that we pick a couple of personal incidents in a race to the one making the replay. It wil be easier to find the highlights in the race as you and Tomas mentioned.
A very good idea :)

One thing I notice when I make the Suzula video, is that in the replay, specially America and South African cars tend to run sometimes a bit sideways, if you see what I mean, in the others i didn't notice that. Maybe a question of distance to the server.

I tried the soundmod in replay of race at last Suzuka Club Race, as it's an eight you here sweeping sounds everywhere as cars are always close flying by in some direction. For this I thought the mod was amazing. For t-cam view maybe a little over deafening. ;)

Good to hear Bjorn. I hope his family stays safe. Things are volatile there.

As for the replay, I watched the "incident" several times last night from Kamran's replay, both from the nose of his car and from the tail of Bojan's car, and I think Bojan was a victim of nkp netcode. When Kamran got close, which was, I think, unavoidable, given the lines both cars took, then netkar decided there was a collision, as it often does when there is no contact, and bumped Bojan off the track. Of course, that's just one person's perception from the replay, and as I am on the American team, my perception could be biased.

Still, I think this is a "racing incident" and largely to be laid at the feet of netkar netcode. I don't want to start suggesting what people should or shouldn't have said or done. But, even though this incident may feel more significant because it occurred between people in 1st and 2nd place, it really does seem to me like the usual kind of racing incident that not much can be done about given the state of the netcode, and that shouldn't lead to acrimony. This is a great group to race with. We should all work to keep it that way.

If you want the race commission to handle it, then why are you still talking about it here?

Clearly, Bojan's and Kamran's exchange on the forum after the race rubbed at least one person the wrong way. But I'm not sure this continued conversation is conducive to the larger enjoyment of our collective pursuit here. And I also don't think it makes sense to start off with the assumption that problems that happen were caused intentionally.

My point is that I think we're forgetting that this is a pretty imperfect system we use, particularly Netkar, as much as I love it. We ALL know that the netcode will see contact sometimes where there is none. Racing means racing close. Sometimes Netkar is going to think close means contact. I don't think there is a way to resolve this other than stop driving it. Not an option for me.

I really think this particular exchange would have looked very different if the people involved had a bit more history here. I'm speaking as someone pretty new myself, but it didn't take long to see that this is a group of people with good attitudes who are working to race clean and enjoy the experience. That was a great relief to me when I found it, coming, as I did, from the world of LFS where it seemed no one cared about racing clean. And I'll bet most of us have such experiences, and they may color our perceptions if we are new here. Perhaps if we all assume as a starting point that we are trying to race clean and well, and shape our discussions from that perspective, we'll have less stress in what is supposed to be a fun recreational activity.

Sorry if that sounds like preaching. It's really just a plea for a different kind of conversation before things get too sour.

I think I should clarify why I reacted the way I did.

@Kamran
I come on the forum after the race and see Bojan being told he doesn't know how to get out of the way, and you talking to him in a generally patronizing way about how he was making mistakes and how nice you were being etc etc. The same attitude you don't have when someone is behind you, so for me you're just being hypocritical. I know what I saw and that I had to brake hard to avoid you, to the point I was thinking what the hell is going on??? If this is the way we play, next time "I" won't be so nice, buddy ;)

If I make a mistake I own up to it and apologize, period.

Another thing try not using language like "Use your mirrors people" on the server and you'll come off little nicer. For having participated in all but a few races in Netkar you're making a bad start here. We're here to have fun, not to be talked down to.

I've said what I needed to say, matter over.

Congrats on your win, well deserved.

I never said anything in the lines of "Bojan being told he doesn't know how to get out of the way".

If it came off as if I was patronizing Bojan it was not my intention. All I was trying to do is to explain to him I was doing my best to not hit him, in the end when he moved over in front of me it was too much for my "best" and it ended his race. Perhaps I could have done a better job at explaining...

You're right about my comment in qualifying. I just want to apologize to the two drivers exiting pits that pulled out in front of me for the accident and the comment made. I also want to apologize to anyone else who was offended by these comments and for breaking the no chat rule. And lastly I'm sorry for using the word "stupid" to describe your accusations.

However, you have no basis to call my "attitude" hypocritical. Those two incidents are different. I don't know what you think I did, and I'm a little perplexed by this. Just because you can go quicker thru a corner and need to check up does not mean the guy in front of you is "dirty".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back