2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a question, if not a proposal for the rest of the NGP.

We all know the netcode is a real problem, collisions and lags, high ping, on and on.

I think a way to temporarily allow for some leeway would be to disable damage completely, now that it's possible in 1,3. This would give those who fly off because of the faulty the collision detector the chance to continue the race. These cars at 100% damage are so fragile the tiniest nick sends you flying into oblivion. The rules can still be applied in the way of penalties after the race, but all would have a chance to finish and run a fun and challenging race.

It's just a thought, I know some might find this unrealistic, but I find it more unrealistic in it's current state. In any case I think we need to find some kind of compromise before we end up with useless conflict after every race.

Hey,

i would say the complete opposite way would solve this proplem. We should use full mode in the race and in the quali as well. The reason why i am saing this is, we had a race at mugello at radiators for 2 weeks ago.

http://forum.radiators-champ.com/t811-24-feb-2011-mugello-ks2 (Just read the last site)

And this race was the savest race i have ever raced. Everyone says that. There were no crash no lag everythink went fine.

If we set the damage to 0 the driving will be no fun at all. everyone can do what they want and will not be penalized. i am shure we will have more accidents and more lag proplems coming with these accidents. With the full mode you treat your car like an egg and look for your opponents and you will not do any dump moves.

So long live the full mode!!!!

Yeah ok, it's good maybe just to get a dialog going on how to find a way to improve things. You may be right though, maybe you could explain what Fullmode is as I've never really understood what it does, is it engine damage? And why Fulllmode would make play and things like lag and collision better.

I tend to disagree on everyone doing what they want, I can't imagine just because damage is off we're all going to drive like maniacs with the replay and our peers watching, that would be really surprising. Just my opinion though, I kind of knew this wouldn't fly - but everything's a compromise in the end.

Senad did race all through the night with your new G27?! :wink:

Ok so for the guys who dont know full mode.

In full mode every repair of the car will take time. You are not allowed to press esc, when you went off track and stuck in the sand and you press esc you will be towed back to pit, this means you have to wait 10 min until your car is ready. the same when you car is damaged and you cant drive back to pits. In the qualification you always need in inlap and outlap.

For you setup full mode means as well a change. you should have finished you setup finding in practice sessions, otherwise it will laso take time to biuld in harder springs for example.

what the fullmode and the lag have in commen is that the lag mostly comes when an accident accurs. so with the full mode racing is much more intens feeling for yourself. because you dont want to through your car away.

hope you get it :)

I tend to disagree on everyone doing what they want, I can't imagine just because damage is off we're all going to drive like maniacs with the replay and our peers watching, that would be really surprising. Just my opinion though, I kind of knew this wouldn't fly - but everything's a compromise in the end.
Not like maniacs, but I can see myself trying to do the impossible :D. Nothing to lose really, not even a lap in the pits.

The current season of the Rally Championship here includes cumulative damage, no repairs for 3 stages. Made me way more careful :)

Senad did race all through the night with your new G27?! :wink:

LOL, almost :D. Still trying to get used to the FFB, and all the lovely degrees of rotation :love:

Tried manual clutch and h-shifting a GT Legends Mustang on Watkins Glen. Failed, miserably :D. Will take time.

I agree Oliver Kreuer. I personally could get used to driving in "Full Mode". Realism is the keyword in netKar sim anyway and a more carefull driving is from my point of view needed as long as we are dealing with netlag issues.

Fullmode or no Fullmode, I think that the most important factor to things go well, is good sense.

Defending his position in a correct way and not by all means or trying to overtake when you have a clear chance.

Good sense is also need to the ones who are being overlap, I don’t say they need to pull over right way, but make it easy to the ones who are faster, because if is hard to lose a race with a touch in a direct fight, is even more when that happens with another driver that is losing a lap.

Good sense is also need to the ones who are being overlap, I don’t say they need to pull over right way, but make it easy to the ones who are faster, because if is hard to lose a race with a touch in a direct fight, is even more when that happens with another driver that is losing a lap.

That's why I wish they kept that laptime display in v1.3. I knew who the people behind me were, how far back they were, and should I move, or not.

I think Paul had a good idea there, given the way the netcode reads the crash boxes, but I can see that even though I would also hope we would continue to drive cleanly, the adrenaline, the competition... Could be messy. :)

So, I'd be willing to give full mode a go. I do like the idea of maximizing realism. Perhaps it's worth a try on one race agreed in advance to see how it goes.

I'm all for realism, I just spent the good part of a month building load cell pedals like a fool :p But full mode doesn't seem to have the advantage of being able to finish the race if you have to wait 10 minutes to be towed back, in that case why not go all the way like in rFactor--you crash out, you're out. In real life, apart from maybe Nascar, nobody gets a thrashed car towed back gets it repaired in 10 minutes and keeps racing... But hey why not full mode I guess, I'll probably be the first one to have the honor of being towed back to the pits! :p

I'm all for full mode and longer races for the simple reason that racing should be more than hotlapping. I'm not the fastest driver - never have been - but I do tend to finish races with my car intact. I can't understand 10/10ths driving in races, it seems to be asking for trouble, but fair play to the fast guys if you can manage it. 7/10ths is a good race pace as I'm always about 2 - 3 secs a lap slower in races than my best qualy lap. Wait til we do Adelaide if you want to see what attrition will do to a race order - there is just so little room for error here and keeping a consistant rhythm will be paramount to finishing with your wings and wheels still attached.

Good luck Senad with the H pattern, it is bloody near impossible at first but when it clicks, you will never go back. Shame it is only the FF in Netkar that use it but the G25 has sequential stick shift too and it works well. Check out the 86 Lotus at Adelaide. The 6th to 1st gear shift at the end of the back straight is mighty.

@Senad. Keep at the H-shifter and clutch, and the Mustang at any GTL track is the way to learn it. I don't do GTL, but I do P&G in a league on R2P, and I started using the H-shifter in that sim with those old GTL cars. It didn't take long to get the hang, and as Daniel says, you won't go back. It's just too fun! And feels much more right. And downshifting with revs low is a good way to get that rear end a little loose to set up for the drift through the turn! :)

Correct if I'm wrong but wasn't there a bug in full mode which made tire and fuel pitstops excessively long. I don't remember where I read it, might have been radiator springs as they don't use full mode anymore? If we did this we can't do the longer races with pitstops. Unless they fixed this problem?

Good luck Senad with the H pattern, it is bloody near impossible at first but when it clicks, you will never go back. Shame it is only the FF in Netkar that use it but the G25 has sequential stick shift too and it works well. Check out the 86 Lotus at Adelaide. The 6th to 1st gear shift at the end of the back straight is mighty.

Can you even imagine what an 80s F1 car would be like in Netkar!!!:D:D:D
:f1:

I also did tonight a race in fullmode and I must say, I like it! Everyone was being careful and it went very well. But in a track like Adelaide it will be very hard to keep out of trouble.

Today I made a small touch in the wall when I was going to the pit and took 4 min to repair the car, my race ended there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back