2011 Nations Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with Sergio, Kamran. I think that watching a replay from another vehicle introduces lag, as you said in another note. From Sergio's replay, you go very wide in the turns, whereas from yours, the line is more the line you actually took. The replay that matters is the replay from your car. I also think that Croatia might be thinking of protesting, so it seems like a good idea to put this replay up on the general race thread for others to see.

I agree with Sergio, Kamran. I think that watching a replay from another vehicle introduces lag, as you said in another note. From Sergio's replay, you go very wide in the turns, whereas from yours, the line is more the line you actually took. The replay that matters is the replay from your car. I also think that Croatia might be thinking of protesting, so it seems like a good idea to put this replay up on the general race thread for others to see.

Ya, he's sure the fault wasn't his, and has asked me what the procedure was.

But if the replays are different from every car, can't really see the point.

I think that the replays from the two cars involved would be more accurate, but I don't know that for sure. I do not think there is a good reason for protest here. In the race I ran at Laguna, Abdulhaq ran smack into the back of me, and it wasn't a little bump. Missed his braking point, I guess. I think he ran into at least one other person. I'm sure he wasn't intending too. Damaged the car and I had to limp to the pits. Cost me a lap. I didn't protest. If we were having a problem with carelessness or intentional punting, then sure, we would need to address that. But it's racing. Incidents happen. I think everyone here is trying to race clean. That's why we join these leagues and race on password protected servers, I think.

I wonder if Bojan's perception is perhaps colored at least a little bit by his unfamiliarity with the group. It was his first online experience. And he was racing for first place, which I'm sure makes it more of an issue for him, but from what I could see from the replay, Kamran was faster on pretty much each lap, and was trying to race clean.

By the way, I wonder how Abdulhaq is doing. I wonder where in Libya he lives. Hope all is well with him.

I think that the replays from the two cars involved would be more accurate, but I don't know that for sure. I do not think there is a good reason for protest here. In the race I ran at Laguna, Abdulhaq ran smack into the back of me, and it wasn't a little bump. Missed his braking point, I guess. I think he ran into at least one other person. I'm sure he wasn't intending too. Damaged the car and I had to limp to the pits. Cost me a lap. I didn't protest. If we were having a problem with carelessness or intentional punting, then sure, we would need to address that. But it's racing. Incidents happen. I think everyone here is trying to race clean. That's why we join these leagues and race on password protected servers.

Yeah, but he probably apologized for it, and it all ended in a friendly way. This didn't really, and it obviously struck a nerve.

Not my place to comment, haven't seen any of the replays, don't know any of the guys involved, so butting out :)

Hi Bjorn, I know that the season is set, but was wondering if it could be adjusted a bit to have a longer race, maybe an hour +.
Not Adelaide mind, as that will be tough enough, but maybe Brands or Spa. I was thinking that a longer race, one that needs a pit stop, would calm some of the furious first cnr, first few laps sprint stuff that has been going on in the last two races. It would mean that pacing yourself and staying focused and consistent would matter more than getting to turn 1 ahead of the cars around you. Just a thought to put out there for comment.

Couple guys suggested I post my replay in this thread. It's a little different from Sergio's replay, So here's the link:

http://rapidshare.com/files/450348426/2011-02-27_NGP_Round_2_Suzuka.nkr

I'll just point out one last time tho, the solution to avoiding this type of incidents in the future is to not move over in front of someone just before a braking zone. If you want to take the ideal line move over sooner, and then the guy behind can be ready to brake earlier.

Personally, I like a longer race with a pit stop for some of the reasons Daniel mentions, and also, in part, because it is more immersive. As Daniel says, it forces one to have a different attitude, introduces some strategic elements, and requires a different allocation and expenditure of focus and energy, and provides different passing opportunities.

All that said, I want to tip my hat to your administration so far, and I'm sure Daniel and the others join me in that appreciation. It's a pleasure to participate in a well run league such as this.

I think that the replays from the two cars involved would be more accurate, but I don't know that for sure. I do not think there is a good reason for protest here. In the race I ran at Laguna, Abdulhaq ran smack into the back of me, and it wasn't a little bump. Missed his braking point, I guess. I think he ran into at least one other person. I'm sure he wasn't intending too. Damaged the car and I had to limp to the pits. Cost me a lap. I didn't protest. If we were having a problem with carelessness or intentional punting, then sure, we would need to address that. But it's racing. Incidents happen. I think everyone here is trying to race clean. That's why we join these leagues and race on password protected servers, I think.

I wonder if Bojan's perception is perhaps colored at least a little bit by his unfamiliarity with the group. It was his first online experience. And he was racing for first place, which I'm sure makes it more of an issue for him, but from what I could see from the replay, Kamran was faster on pretty much each lap, and was trying to race clean.

By the way, I wonder how Abdulhaq is doing. I wonder where in Libya he lives. Hope all is well with him.

Hi there guys ive spoken to aldelhaq, ive send him a pm a few days ago and he and his family is ok.
He will try to finish the season where he can and i have deep respect for him while there is so much trouble he is still racing

Is it a computer voice? If so it's one of the best I've heard.

I hope it gets done for all the races, although if you do them Sergio maybe it's not so fun do do it for the races your not in yourself? Would be cool to have the whole season saved on our computers ;)

and I LOL'ed when I saw and heard Bjorn's highlight ;)

I suggested before, when we talked about doing something like this. That maybe it would be easier for the one cutting the replay, to let everyone choose like 2 highlights of their own race that they want to include, defining moments. It will be easier to find with instructions like that.
Or maybe something said about them, as long as it's reasonable :p

Is this something possible perhaps?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back