2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
That pit entry is wrong, you pit at the end of the old circuit, do your stop, leave the pits and do not then complete a full lap of the GP, turn left onto the old track just before the end of the GP track.

Agreed. Using this method is miles better and much less complicated and how its done at the real VLN races.
The method presented is asking for trouble in every conceivable way.

Is there a way to tweak the gt2 lights?

There is somewere an update for the GT2 car for more light, only the driver who has installed the update will get more light. This will not introduce mismatches, crashes or errors.

As said it is very unlikely we will distibute updates for the cars from our side. We strongly advise to not use any plugins and other files that are not included in simsync updates. If teams or drivers decide to do so anyway, do not complain afterwards :)

Water Blue Racing presents his GT2 car for the race:

wbrpresentation.jpg

From what I understand GT1 were given LMP1-2 lights, primarily because they're of different colour, which makes sense. Also GT1 cars carry more speed in the corners so there's even less time for drivers to react when things come out of the dark. In any case GT2 cars don't really compete with GT1.
I know but it would grenerally be alot safer with everyone driving with strong headlight because you would see the danger quicker and could help stop alot of pile-ups on the nordschleife track!!;)

A lot of what you have posted is nonsense. The white lights for the GT1 cars were supposed to help the GT2 cars know what is coming from behind, not to assist the GT1s. If you can't drive at night with the GT2 lights you shouldn't be driving at all. If you can't see, turn up your screen brightness. Any using the excuse they failed due to the lights deserves to have their wheel confiscated.
If you think george that just because people are having difficultly with GT2 headlights that they should not be driving at all....im going to drop myself from my friends team if thats your attitude...
Id rather spend my weekend doing a real life race.....instead of sitting at a desk

If you think george that just because people are having difficultly with GT2 headlights that they should not be driving at all....im going to drop myself from my friends team if thats your attitude...
Id rather spend my weekend doing a real life race.....instead of sitting at a desk

The GT2 Lights are good enough to use at Night. If people aren't able to drive safely at night, then they shouldn't drive at night.

Maybe there are some good reasons why pit stops are meant to be done this way (by driving one lap around the gp course). But honestly I can't see them at the moment. :confused:
Instead, the risk of penalties and crashes highly increases. Besides that (as already mentioned) real races always use the short pit entry directly from the Nordschleife, it's the easiest way for pitting with absolutely no crash risk at all.

I would very much appreciate if the pit entry rules would be changed to "usual mode". :)

The GT2 Lights are good enough to use at Night. If people aren't able to drive safely at night, then they shouldn't drive at night.
thats exactly what im doing.....dropping from my friends team.....???:confused:
iv already my entry in for whiteriver park!! :) hopefully enjoy that more then being giving out to by several people about a problem that im really having difficulty with....:(

The problem shouldn't be that you can't see. The essence in driving at dark is to take it about 5-10 under your itmost limit in driving. And as rFactor is nice enough to give you a yellow flag if there is indeed a pile-up and you, hopefully, know the track to a certain extent, you should know where the probability for a pileup is higher than other parts of the track and therefore take it a little extra safe through that part of the track. :);)

Would it be on, for example the straight before the last corners for compleeting a lap and there is a pileup there, there is very little that can be done in theese cars (due to the speed and the width of the track in general). :D

I must say I prefer to drive "the Green Hell" while it's dark than when it's light. When I firstly began practicing, I was 10 sec faster at night than during day. Last time I did practice, I was 2 sec faster in daylight but I prefer to drive while it's dark. Why I have no idea what so ever :confused::oops:

This is just what I think and I know many probably dissagree with me on my thoughts :oops:

The problem shouldn't be that you can't see. The essence in driving at dark is to take it about 5-10 under your itmost limit in driving. And as rFactor is nice enough to give you a yellow flag if there is indeed a pile-up and you, hopefully, know the track to a certain extent, you should know where the probability for a pileup is higher than other parts of the track and therefore take it a little extra safe through that part of the track. :);)

Would it be on, for example the straight before the last corners for compleeting a lap and there is a pileup there, there is very little that can be done in theese cars (due to the speed and the width of the track in general). :D

I must say I prefer to drive "the Green Hell" while it's dark than when it's light. When I firstly began practicing, I was 10 sec faster at night than during day. Last time I did practice, I was 2 sec faster in daylight but I prefer to drive while it's dark. Why I have no idea what so ever :confused::oops:

This is just what I think and I know many probably dissagree with me on my thoughts :oops:
everyones different jonatan...
but if george talbot continues to put up smart comment like this (If you can't drive at night with the GT2 lights you shouldn't be driving at all) about a problem people are having then il be surprised if any driver will want to compete next year...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back