2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, nobody said it is NOT possible to have the 52 drivers around. We just expressed our concerns about it.

I am rather open and honest, then to take a (even small) risk and just hope all will go well. So, I say up front what the risk MIGHT be. Not saying we are going to have issues in the race.

In terms of the skins and stuff, that's all under control. I do not expect issues there. So lets stop speculating, and lets start looking forward again, and prepare for this amazing event :)

Well, nobody said it is NOT possible to have the 52 drivers around. We just expressed our concerns about it.

I am rather open and honest, then to take a (even small) risk and just hope all will go well. So, I say up front what the risk MIGHT be. Not saying we are going to have issues in the race.

In terms of the skins and stuff, that's all under control. I do not expect issues there. So lets stop speculating, and lets start looking forward again, and prepare for this amazing event :)

thanks for the info and looking forward to cracking on with this great race

regards

Denis I did send you a pm last night sorry if you did not get it.

MOD EDIT: Please use a nicer tone when speaking to fellow members

I also have drivers But the 3 guys that race with me in the RDLMS put there own car in to the race because of things that I had going on with me real life I was not sureif i was going to be around for it..

MOD EDIT

Where did you read that there is a prequaly Wayne? There is a test race scheduled, which is something totally different.

Also the previous league director has announced a final entry list which we will follow of course. All this has been clearly announced a few days ago.

Get your facts straight first before making statements.

Keep it calm Wayne and Denis, and fight personal disputes via PM's please.

Wayne, you have totally misread. We explicitly said, the list is not going to be changed. No prequaly or some strange things. We will get your team of the list as requested.

Skin Instructions

It is necessarly to keep the skin files size limited, therefor only body and window files are allowed for your skin. In some of the templates there is an "extra" file for the mirrors and wings, these are the only "extra" files allowed.

Numberplates and Banner

There are fixed numberplates and a window banner in the templates, do not edit them.
You can add your car number on the plates, this is the number you have submitted when signing up and can be found in the entry list here.

DDS Files

Rename your DDS files as in the below example and replace Test_Team with your Teamname.

Test_Team_GT1.dds
Test_Team_GT1Window.dds

VEH files

The lines that needs to be adjusted and filled in are highlighted in bold:

DefaultLivery="Test_Team_GT1.dds" - Fill in your main body dds file

Number=999 - Fill in your carnumber
Team="RD24hr Test Team GT1" Fill in your teamname, starts with RD24hr and ends with your class
Driver="Test Driver" Fill in 1 driver name
Description="#999 - Test Team" Fill in your teamname, starts with the carnumber.

FullTeamName="Test Team" Fill in your teamname

Rename your veh file to Teamname_class. The veh filename is limited to 19 characters.
Example: Test_Team_GT1.veh

Templates

Only use the templates and veh files that can be found in the below links. Download the template pack of your class, all vehicles in that class are included with the templates and veh files.

GT1 Templates
GT2 Templates

Submit your skin

Make a screenshot of the car and place all files in a folder named RD24hr_Teamname_Class, including the screenshot. Archive the folder into a 7zip or rar file.

Send your skin in an email with the subject, RD24hr skin Teamname, to: remco.dewildt@racedepartment.com

Deadline

The deadline to submit your skin is: Monday 12th March 2012

Right, so I'm having tons of problems getting the bloody thing to work properly.

1. When I do not have a profile in game, and my usedata folder doesn't contain a folder called Eric Stranne with a .plr file in it, I have to create a new profile. That's what doesn't work. I fill in Driver Name, Date of Birth and Location, but when I click accept nothing happens.

2. Erik Tveit very kindly helped me by sending his profile by e-mail. I placed his profile in the right place on my computer, and when I entered the game I did not have to make a new profile. But, whenever I try to get on track, online or offline, when I click "Load Track", the game will just shut itself down. No warning, no error, nothing.

Does anyone know what is going on?

Erik will likely have had a number of different settings from you, which may mean the game doesn't function properly.

Similarly, if you sync and try running the game with mods installed without a profile, you may find it doesn't work.

I typically copy my UserData folder from other installs of rFactor that I use for various leagues. If you don't have any of those, here's what I would suggest.

1) Create a clean install of rFactor or rFactor Lite (I use rF Lite, does the same job).
2) Run rF Config with your preferred graphical settings.
3) Run rFactor with no mods installed and no sync. It will prompt you to create a profile. Do this.
4) Once it's been accepted, leave the game and sync as usual. Reload the game after the sync and it should work fine.

Erik will likely have had a number of different settings from you, which may mean the game doesn't function properly.

Similarly, if you sync and try running the game with mods installed without a profile, you may find it doesn't work.

I typically copy my UserData folder from other installs of rFactor that I use for various leagues. If you don't have any of those, here's what I would suggest.

1) Create a clean install of rFactor or rFactor Lite (I use rF Lite, does the same job).
2) Run rF Config with your preferred graphical settings.
3) Run rFactor with no mods installed and no sync. It will prompt you to create a profile. Do this.
4) Once it's been accepted, leave the game and sync as usual. Reload the game after the sync and it should work fine.
Ok, thank you very much for replying. I will give this a go ASAP and will report back here if it works or not :)

Is there a problem with liveracers or has it the wrong ip or is it tracking the wrong adress ?
liveracers wont update my times any more nor the time from other drivers.

Yesterday i saw 2 people racing on it but when i log into the rFactor 24hr server to join them they where gone. When i log out and refreshed liveracers on my desktop they where still there :confused:

In the server list there are two addresses RACEDEPARTMENT.COM RD24HR and RACEDEPARTMENT RD24HR DAY
Witch one of theme is the right one ?

I can join the RD24HR DAY address with the known password, i can't join the .COM RD24HR address.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back