2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope we receive a final, final confirmation for acces to this race this weekend :)
You will.

Before the end of the weekend, I will have a final entry list published. I do want to point out that I am going to do my best to keep it as fair as possible, and will try not to disapoint people. I know we asked a lot of time to wait already, but I want to ask for those 3 more days to give me a chance to sort all things out. There is a new team on this, and you can trust me that we will take this very serious, and do our upmost to make this an event to remember for a looooong time :p :p

Dutchy, interesting :D

How's it working for you today? Never heard of this problem, neither could I find some useful info scoping the web for a while. Have you tried to not do the shortcut? Or it can be purely coincidental? :confused:

Ok, had a small test tonight.
First test: Start with short cut and in the second lap i get a disconnect direct after crossing the finish line.
Second test: Start without shurtcut, a 8 min lap without time tracking and in second lap no disconnect.
Third test, still in the server after the second test and the same test as the first one, only without any problems..

Will be continued next week.

I hope too.
So, are you the new boss, Marco Bijl? ok:)
Lol, please tell that to my wife :)

No, I am not the boss. This is a team of staff who will do this. We talk together, we decide together, and we set it up together. But you can contact me for everything involving with this event.

We are getting there. I think there will be a news post later tonight already :) So hang in there just a bit longer!

Time to give an update.

The event will continue mainly unchanged. The test race on the 15th will continue as planned. As I stated before, we have some concerns about the number of entries. However, we have decided NOT to cut into the entry list as it was previously announced as a final entry list. There is 1 thing I need to mention though. IF for some reason during the test race performance gets into the critical zone, we consider asking the teams with more than 1 entry to merge some of their teams. This will ONLY be asked if performance becomes critical.
In relation to that, I want to stress out that teams that are present at the test race will get a guaranteed spot during the event of course.

We noticed, there are some teams around with only 2 confirmed drivers. This is too little. It's not healthy to race for so many hours with so little drivers. Teams need to consist of at least three drivers during a 24 hours race.

Before the end of the weekend, we will release the template files. Information about the skins, the templates, and sending them back can be found in the Skinning topic.

Last, there is a official server up and running again as posted by Remco in the post above.

Wait so I bought a brand new computer maybe for no reason? Hmm.. Can I ask why it was 52 teams when you's kind of knew it wouldn't work? I'm not trying start fight or anything! Just wondering. Also these changes are likely to be dates and time? Or ??

Well, it's not just me having the concerns.

Anyway, we have decided to give it a try first, and see performance ourselves. It's hard to be sure now. We will do our best to keep it as optimized as possible, to let this continue as planned, and make sure the fun will be guaranteed.

I think it's more related to the number of cars and the way the mod is put together. VLN2005 with just a little over 40 cars was so much of a disaster, that a 24h race has been stopped on lap 1 for emergency entry-list re-shuffle, teams were re-formed to stay under 40 and the race restarted over an hour later. It wasn't so much about server problems but a stream of random rFactor errors for clients regardless of how advanced their PCs were.

In the previous test with 56 cars I was amazed how flawless everything worked in the race itself. IMO, the next test should be conducted in a similar way, but with at least 52 unique skins, just to make sure. If that works, we're good to go.

What I am trying to say is that if everyone is organised and work is done to all the skins to make them as small as possible with no extras on the cars, 52 would be fine, rF dedicated servers have issues with large number of drivers connected when changing sessions with people coming in and out. Thats why I chose to have qualifying on separate days for both classes. On race day, when the server goes live, its best to have a very long warmup instead of everyone joining in practice and moving through Q&W. The server should be fine with about 65 client connections, with 52 cars on the server, 65 connections would not really be exceeded as people will be driver swapping at different times and there will be quite a few DNFs in the first 2-4 hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back