2011 | 24 Hours of Nordschleife

Status
Not open for further replies.
US based driver looking for a 2-3 hour drive in either class.

Not an alien however am usually fairly reliable.

If you're a team full of wallies please don't bother to reply however if there is a degree of maturity involved in the team drop me a note :D

My own team won't have me so I'm on the hunt :(

Ok guys, its been over a week and we still dont have any info....

Please could you confirm;

1 - The event is still taking place?
2 - When the templates will be released?
3 - Any changes to the structure/setup of the event?

I dont want my team to be practising for nothing and we would like to get our skins finalised. This race is a huge commitment from both organisers and participants, if we dont know whats going on, how are we all supposed to prepare?

Ok, time for some official announcements then :)

To answer the most important question first.
Is this event going to happen. The answer is Yes, it does. At this moment, there are a few of the RD staff members who are investigating all the options, and are looking into all that has been done by George before. I hope to have a definat answer to the questions for the structure of the event before the end of this weekend. Same with the templates.

As you said in the post above George, this event requires a lot of efforts from both organizors and members.

In terms of the official server, that's down for a moment. We will put it back up as soon as we have decided on exact event details. It might be that there are going to be some small changes, but the overall idea will remain the same.

I do want to say that I have major concerns about the entry list though. We have been talking to the guys from broadcasting as well, and they have strongly advised us to cut some in the entry list. For this goes the same, after the weekend more will be know about that.

If anyone has any questions, suggestions, or what ever you feel you need to contact RD about, I am here. You can contact me and I either supply the answer, or I make sure the answer is supplied by someone within RD Staff.

I know this post does not have all the answers at this time, but we are working hard to get on top of it again. We had to do some restructuring in staff to get people available for this event. Appologies that it took a bit longer then desired to give an official statement.

I do want to say that I have major concerns about the entry list though. We have been talking to the guys from broadcasting as well, and they have strongly advised us to cut some in the entry list. For this goes the same, after the weekend more will be know about that.
Small note: Main concern from the guys of simrace.tv is the amount of teams on the grid: 52 where 40 is advised. They have organized multiple 24H races in the past and stressed to reduce the field to around 40 teams on the track for the best results.

Thanks for the response :)

I can understand the reasoning behind reducing the grid, for people who are not fully aware of what needs to be done with skins and the server and settings, 52 is very difficult to make work, yes it is possible otherwise I wouldn't have done it :-p However, for the staff taking it on, its much safer and more sensible to cut the number down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back