2008 RD Touring Car Championship (RACE 07)

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Mehmet Arslan

maybe he should be on the left side of the white line...and voila nothing there to crash ;)
i think this white line and the driving behind it is a generous interpretation of the rules.
Its just that everybody does that, to take the corner faster resulting in faster laptime, also i knew that i had the bmw on the left of me, so i braked earlier to be sure that we both got trough the corner, never expected the hit from behind :D

In my oppinion this wall would never be there in real life, and the hit was too hard due of that.

Also the hit from behind was a bad move, specially because that was not a hard breaking point. That corner is done in third or fourth gear.

all about brake bias some can take corner faster because bias is more to back which makes car faster into turn - harder to brake behind car with more front bias which is where the problem begins.

• Christian Sorensen

i love anderstorp and it also the best track.... i also came from denmark...

A perfect result for me from these races even though I was a bit worried before the event. :D It's just a shame Dom couldn't make it.

I did a pretty good qual lap considering the pace I had. The last lap could have been enough for pole but there was some traffic ahead and I made some mistakes.

Going into the race, I wasn't sure how my setup would work. I made a good start in the first race and almost managed to overtake Mathieu in turn 1. I backed off a bit since there was no point in taking any risks at that point. I was able to follow him closely and eventually overtook him in turn 1 when he was sliding around a bit... I think there was a slight contact too. After getting the lead I was able to pull away slightly. At the end of the race the car was sliding a lot and the tyres were worn but I guess it was the same for everyone. :)

Race 2, again a good start. Got lucky in T1 as I was on the inside and there was some beating and banging going on on the outside. I was up to P5 I think. Sector 3 seemed to be my strongest so that helped me a lot with getting close and overtaking on the front straight, my straight line speed wasn't bad either. I saw that the leader wasn't far away so I tried to take it easy. The braking felt different somehow compared to race 1 and I was locking up quite a bit. Anyway I moved up one position at a time and eventually got the lead. The racing was fair and enjoyable so kudos to everyone.

• MaxD

Max petita billouta, now he has a computer which doesn't freeze :D

Ciao Math & Samuel :)
Pc didnt ever freezed with Race07..installed new nVidia driver btw and removed the SoundBlaster X-Fi dont know but that was causing some problems here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest News

Back